Grand Theft Auto V

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by vinny-b »

Rockstar to reveal initial trailer, next week.

side note: script in the logo makes me think of Wash DC (ie Federal Reserve note). However past 'leaks' have indicated a return to Los Santos (L.A.)

http://kotaku.com/5853039/grand-theft-a ... -next-week

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Macca00 »

Thanks for the link Vinny!

Where would you like the game to take place? I loved San Andreas and having a fully developed Los Santos would be amazing.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Livan:

been in favor of a GTA Great Lakes for a while. Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit. A return to California would be fine too, in particular if Rockstar did San Francisco correct this time. Not one for a GTA overseas. As the sarcastic take on US culture is large part of its identity.

have never seen a first-rate AAA title, which have been universally ripped on gamer message forums, as GTA IV have been the past 3 years. This feedback persists on being highly critical of GTA IV for its lack of fun-factor (ie not being San Andreas), its step towards realism, and its driving model. In short, i don't get any of this detraction. To me GTA IV is a top 3 all-time title. Nearly a perfect remake of GTA III, in other words what the title would've been initially had technology permitted.

due to factors listed above, not really expecting much from GTA 5. Why? Rockstar's history of listening to their fan base is nearly unparalleled . And if they give fans the title which message boards have been complaining for the last 3 years, it won't be a game am interested in. In truth, don't know why these 'fans' don't commit themselves to Saints Row instead. :(

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Don't think there is a title I am less interested in then this. Series has run it's course. Rather have RDR 2 instead.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote:Don't think there is a title I am less interested in then this. Series has run it's course. Rather have RDR 2 instead.
Amen to that!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I enjoyed RDR more than any GTA title, though I liked Vice City a lot. I'm not sure where they would go with RDR 2 though.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I also think the series needs to go on hiatus. Same formula different city.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Bully has been remade for this generation, why not San Andreas? Add a couple of extra missions and another character soryline and I'll be good to go. GTA5 can wait!
gamertag: ddtrane65

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I'm always down for a new GTA. Great characters, great VO, sharp writing, etc.. The gameplay mechanics could probably use some pep, but I haven't bought a GTA game (including RDR2) that I've regretted buying yet. I'd be down with a revisit to Vice City.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:I'm always down for a new GTA. Great characters, great VO, sharp writing, etc.. The gameplay mechanics could probably use some pep, but I haven't bought a GTA game (including RDR2) that I've regretted buying yet. I'd be down with a revisit to Vice City.
Yes yes and yes.

Also up for RDR2.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

vinny-b wrote: This feedback persists on being highly critical of GTA IV for its lack of fun-factor (ie not being San Andreas), its step towards realism, and its driving model. In short, i don't get any of this detraction. To me GTA IV is a top 3 all-time title. Nearly a perfect remake of GTA III, in other words what the title would've been initially had technology permitted.
Preach on, brother! :) I've said it a million times but what truly makes GTA IV for special for me is the depth of the Liberty City - it feels like a living, breathing place.

EDIT:

Also hyped that it's going to be set in LA. :) :)

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Wow. LA? that's original. Ugh. Count me out.

Interestingly enough - I just stumbled upon some gameplay videos of Saints Row 3 and it's looks pretty awesome. I liked the first game of that series a lot (never tried the 2nd). I think they stole the GTA formula and improved upon it in a lot of ways. This new one looks SO over the top and hysterical. I was not following it at all and now it's definitely on my radar.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

GTA V world is supposed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA 4 combined.

New trailer released today, looks really good!

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Wow. That... looks.... awesome! Hope I can get 100% in FH before it's released!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Can't wait for this. I loved GTA4 and recently repurchased the complete edition.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RDR 2...do a Vice City and go back in time. 1860's. End of the Civil War, with factions still fighting it out. Westward expansion. Kind of a 'Outlaw Josey Wales' vibe.

I'd be all over that.

This? Eh. But I'll probably get it anyway... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

I wasn't especially clamoring for this one, though I've played & enjoyed them all since GTA III. But I was really impressed.

The look of the game is really something, & the sheer size of the map sounds incredible.

And Rockstar really knows how to put to together a story. I'm excited to see the way the story plays out between the 3 main characters.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Have to admit the trailer actually got me interested.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

8O Wow. That is all.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Game Informer have a cover feature on the game, some points (from what I remember reading);

i. 3 Main Characters
- most importantly you can actively SWITCH BETWEEN EACH OF THEM whenever you want! Not only during missions but also when your not in a mission and each of the characters live in different parts of the city. In the GI article they describe switching prompts a google-earth style zoom out, up above the city and then into the other character.

For the missions themselves they described a heist where you can switch between controlling the guy climbing down a building and the guy across the street providing cover with a sniper rifle. Likewise, during the getaway you could control the chopper, or switch to the guy leaning out of the helicopter shooting people.

I thought this sounded incredibly cool and most importantly I think it lends itself towards co-op play (though they have NOT mentioned this).

ii. Size
- as mentioned above it's supposed to be bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead combined - but that also includes the interior of buildings so I hope rather than more sprawl they've got more interior locations.

iii. Improved shooting, driving and flying
- not much info on exactly 'how' it's been improved but I'm hopeful they just steal the 3rd person shooting mechanics from Max Payne

iv. The city itself is supposed to be a lot more organic, you can follow people as they leave their homes and go to work - this seemed like bullsh!t to me, I'll believe it when I see it. I know GTA IV had some components of this - in the evening traffic thins out, around 4AM Garbage trucks would be out and pick up would be there but going from that to actual individual NPCs going to work seems a bit of a stretch.

The only bummer for me is that they have yet to announce a PC version - GTA IV with the ICE Mod is mind-blowing.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This game is rare for me as a balanced Federal budget under either party: A DAY F*CKING ONE PURCHASE, regardless of price.

:)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Incredible trailer! How in the f*** does Rockstar cram so much s*** in these games! I was overwhelmed by GTAIV!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:This game is rare for me as a balanced Federal budget under either party: A DAY F*CKING ONE PURCHASE, regardless of price.

God Damn straight! :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:This game is rare for me as a balanced Federal budget under either party: A DAY F*CKING ONE PURCHASE, regardless of price.

God Damn straight! :)
What y'all said :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25