New forum for the New City Baseball League

Moderator: Bill_Abner

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Calvert Takes Over In Albany

Post by jcalvert »

Digital Sports Enquirer – Calvert Takes Over In Albany

New Albany Capitals GM J. Calvert looks to shake up NY baseball. It was readily apparent that not only would things be different, but Calvert plans to brand the Capitals immediately in his own image. The DS Enquirer caught up with Calvert for a brief Q&A session.

All your previous jobs have been with Southern teams. Did you realize that Albany was in NY?
Funny. I realized straight away that the Capitals were located in NY and not in GA.

Is it true the Capitals are looking to relocate to GA?
Ownership does not disclose such matters with me as part of the interview process. I have no idea if there are plans to relocate the Capitals to the Bible-belt.

Prior to your announcement as the Capitals GM, the Columbus Enquirer reported that you planed to be a coach-GM. What are your plans to step back into the dugout?
Pure speculation. I do not plan to be a coach-GM. I believe in separation of responsibilities. Coaches should coach; GMs should steer the team. Hell yes I am capable of doing both.

How do you envision your first 90 days with the Capitals?
As you are aware we immediate offered arbitration to several players. Next we are taking a look at FA – who should be retained, are we better off thanking some players for their service while letting them move on to other opportunities? I have had little time to evaluate this team, but you can be sure we are looking at the organization from top to bottom.

My first priority is to bring in a new scouting director, shore up the 40-man roster, and build the farm. Without a steady influx of young talent we will never be a winning organization.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Kyle_BakersfieldGM
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kyle_BakersfieldGM »

Great to have an active owner in Albany. Good luck!
Bakersfield Bad Axe
2009 NCBL World Champions

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Every state in the US has an Albany. Fun fact.

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Funny - and I ended up in NY. Maybe I can sneak out the back door in the middle of the night ...
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com