Trading block thread

New forum for the New City Baseball League

Moderator: Bill_Abner

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trading block thread

Post by Jared »

I thought, with the trading deadline coming up soon, it would be a good idea to post a trading block thread. With that said, here are my guys on the block:

1B Alberto Juarez - Very good hitting ratings (OSA 7-8-7-6-7), but hasn't gotten much playing time (I signed a FA 1B to play ahead of him, and now I have Ruiz). Is a solid, league average 1B with a league minimum contract.

1B Luis Gonzalez - Old, but 9 power and 8 eye, and an expiring contract! Again, he's unnecessary for me now that I have Ruiz, and he's decent if you need a pinch hitting bat for your playoff run. Willing to give away for not that much.

SP David Trujillo - 2.5 star SP, good for the back-end of the rotation if you need someone. Career 4.64 ERA...not good, not bad; shows some glimpses of potential.

SP/RP Andy Ford - Solid in the bullpen, can also start. Had a 4.34 ERA as a starter for me, 3.83 ERA as a spot starter/long reliever.

Minor league starters: Miguel Macias, Carlos Lopez, Jesus Madrid, Don Gibson. They're all major-league quality back of the rotation starters; but I have a billion of them.

INF Ken O'Donnell - Solid utility infielder; don't need him on the major league squad. Batting .312 in AAA.

For all of these players, I'm looking primarily for minor league prospects (more interested in hitters) or decent middle relievers.
Last edited by Jared on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Jeez, Jared, you're dealing or have dealt everyone I ever sent you.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I actually like Trujillo and Ford, and will be happy to keep them. But if someone makes an offer, they're not....necessary.

YoungstownSteelheads
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by YoungstownSteelheads »

I'm looking to move LF/1B Juan Gonzalez. He led the NL in HRs last year with 47. And has 22 so far in 2010.

Looking for young pitching.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

YoungstownSteelheads wrote:I'm looking to move LF/1B Juan Gonzalez. He led the NL in HRs last year with 47. And has 22 so far in 2010.

Looking for young pitching.
Better check him for steroids.

Oops. Wrong Juan Gonzalez.

gstelmack
Mario Mendoza

Post by gstelmack »

St. Charles is looking to move:

SP Paul Tyler: http://ootp.digitalsportspage.com/html/ ... er_96.html

MR Dave Lovelace (who is upset he is not the closer):
http://ootp.digitalsportspage.com/html/ ... r_975.html

Would like to get SOMETHING in return other than a career minor leaguer.

Jaemoney
Mario Mendoza

Post by Jaemoney »

Manchester is looking for a back of the rotation starter, preferrably a lefty, before the deadline.

Still on the block :

3B Joaquin Rosario
C Brandon Leblanc
MR Duane Adams

SP Dirk Franks - Still looking to move my top notch starter in exhange for a ML ready middle infielder or upgrade at catcher. Will listen to offers for any position as well

Also available is 1B Hector Castillo, highly rated , but unhappy in Manchester. Would most likely help a contender down the stretch and only making 2.8 mil for this year and next.

PM or email with offers

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Ismael Martinez is the only player I have on the block. Cheap power who isn't hitting for avg this year.

YoungstownSteelheads
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by YoungstownSteelheads »

Looks like alot of sellers and no buyers.

hotcoffee
Mario Mendoza

Post by hotcoffee »

YoungstownSteelheads wrote:Looks like alot of sellers and no buyers.
Or a lot of spoiled goods....

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Martinez on the DL for 2 weeks, so...

$30M is coming off the roster next year, but I will miss Ybarra. I hope I can sign him for cheap next year.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Check my roster if anyone's interested.

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Speaking of trades, how do you guys normally handle them? All trades in-game? Do owners need to work out deals outside of the game and post them for approval?

I have never been an active trader, but I will probably switch things up a little. I have only had have only had a few minutes to look at my team. I think the door is going to be open for plenty of movement so let me know if you see a missing piece on the Capitals that could help you move forward.

I am looking to build with speed, defense, and solid pitching - think St. Louis from the 80's. Or maybe KC playing lots of gaps, hit-and-run and the like. I love that style of baseball.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Where did everyone go? Did I miss the bus to the winter meetings? I know we had several inches of snow today, but come on, help a new GM out.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

All trades are done by me -- once you complete a deal you and the other owner need to email me for verification. Or post in this here thread. Either works. Then I make the trade in game.

The best way to get a deal done is to look at each team specifically and offer that owner a specific deal. Emailing the league or posting here CAN work but you will have more success if you know precisely what you want beforehand.

If you have any questions about how the contracts work (arbitration, automatic renewels, etc just let me know.

The only rule we have for extensions, for example, is a 1 mil MAX bonus for awards and such.

Good luck. Jared's team is tough. :)
jcalvert wrote:Speaking of trades, how do you guys normally handle them? All trades in-game? Do owners need to work out deals outside of the game and post them for approval?

I have never been an active trader, but I will probably switch things up a little. I have only had have only had a few minutes to look at my team. I think the door is going to be open for plenty of movement so let me know if you see a missing piece on the Capitals that could help you move forward.

I am looking to build with speed, defense, and solid pitching - think St. Louis from the 80's. Or maybe KC playing lots of gaps, hit-and-run and the like. I love that style of baseball.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx
Mario Mendoza

Post by Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx »

Hagerstown is looking to remake our roster and is willing to trade top talent for top talent in return.

Looking for

Young (27 under) Middle infielders of 3 1/2 stars or higher
Young (25 under) starting pitching of 3-4 stars

Willing to move

Salomon Jimenez - Starting pitcher 25 years old 13-8 with a 2.81ERA
Tom Cook - Stud CF with speeed who plays great defense .309 avg 900ops, 20 home runs and 38 stolen bases
James Meyer - Power hitting RF with a great contract that declines in cost over the length of the contract Career Avg.317 with a 950 ops

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Looking to trade for prospects and SS/3B. Here are some players still on the block:

SP David Trujillo - 2.5 star SP, good for the back-end of the rotation if you need someone. Career 4.64 ERA...not good, not bad; shows some glimpses of potential.

SP/RP Andy Ford - Solid in the bullpen, can also start as a #3-4 guy. Had a 4.34 ERA as a starter for me, 3.83 ERA as a spot starter/long reliever.

Also, any of my AAA starters.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

So, you're looking to deal both of the pitchers I sent you? Sheesh.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I actually like them both. I just have a glut of 2.5-3 star starters, and I can't use all of them. And there are a lot of teams that have 1 star guys at the back end of their rotation, that could probably use an upgrade.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Looking at the top of the thread, it seems we're rehashing the same conversation as the previous "year". :P

If I had the cash or the prospects, I'd probably deal for Ford. He's Old Reliable. Excellent swingman.

Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx
Mario Mendoza

Didn't get that shiny star OF you wanted in Free Agency?

Post by Breadman-HagerstownGoldSx »

Well come see Trader Steve....

Looking For

Young (25 and under) starting pitching of 3-4 stars

williing to move

Tom Cook - Stud CF with speeed who plays great defense .309 avg 900ops, 20 home runs and 38 stolen bases
James Meyer - Power hitting RF with a great contract that declines in cost over the length of the contract Career Avg.317 with a 950 ops

Come one, come all. Apparently I have a reputation for giving up too much in trades so don't delay!