LOOGY emulation

New forum for the New City Baseball League

Moderator: Bill_Abner

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

LOOGY emulation

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

If you really want a LOOGY and want the game to use him properly in that role, do this:

1. Put him in the setup role
2. Go to the Player Page.
3. Action --> Game Strategy
4. Set the # of pitch limit to 15. 15 is not so low that the guy can't face 2 or 3 lefties in a row, but it'll limit him to usually less than an inning.

For example: Samuel Martel is my LOOGY - his L/R splits are noticeable in ratings. The year before, he was 2-3, 5.51 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP, despite a .266 OBA. He threw 63 2/3 IP in 60 games.

This year, he's 1-2, 1.63 ERA. He's already pitched in 45 games, with only 38 2/3 IP. Even though he's faced more R than L, L's have a miniscule .227 slugging off him - he walks too many hitters.

Regardless, he's more realistic as an assigned LOOGY, and his performance reflects that. Note I do have a 12 man pitching staff, but not to support a LOOGY.

Breadmanben

Nice Tip

Post by Breadmanben »

Nice tip Jonah. How much of a change in ratings would you consider noticable across the stuff/movement/control? A total of 3 or more (1 in each category)

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Re: Nice Tip

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Breadmanben wrote:Nice tip Jonah. How much of a change in ratings would you consider noticable across the stuff/movement/control? A total of 3 or more (1 in each category)
There's no change in ratings. MR is MR. When I say "set up role", I mean in your staff assignment screen.

YoungstownSteelheads
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by YoungstownSteelheads »

Nice tip.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

Oh, and I forgot - make sure the slider is all the way to the left on Quick Hook.

I've set the Pitches to 10. Want to see if it's even more accurate.

GreenSoxJonah
Mario Mendoza

Post by GreenSoxJonah »

10 pitches doesn't look good. I think my 15 pitches was balanced perfectly.