Xbox 360...customer servie and repair!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Xbox 360...customer servie and repair!

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I haven't read about anyone else here having problems with their 360 besides me. I was having the "please put this disk in an Xbox 360 Console" error occasionally. So needless to say I dealt with it for a few weeks thinking it was something small or easily correctable. So last week I decided I should send it in. They overnighted a a shipping box with prepaid overnight back to them. I sent it out Monday afternoon, with only my console in the box (no hdd or power sup.) as I was told to do. To my surprise, DHL was knocking at the door this morning. In the box was a NEW 360 ( i am still holding my breath as to if this one will have problems) AND a NEW HDD!!! Thats right, they sent me a new HDD. (LOL) so i get this letter saying they had chosen to exchange my CORE to a 360 that includes an HDD. So long story short I got a free HDD and I KNOW there are plenty looking for these for there Cores.

All in all it sucked having to send it back, but it was a painless process and VERY QUICK turnaround. Oh and a free gift ;) Just wanted to share my experience and make a place for others to post questions about repairs or problems they may be having.

One other thing to add and others were speculating about is the manufacture date. My old console was manuf. 10/10/05. This new one is manufacture 11/15/05 Wonder if there is a bad batch in October?
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Glad to hear things went well for you. :)

Sony could learn a thing or two about customer service. If it had been a PS2 giving you trouble they would have told you to only use Sony peripherals and denied you even had a problem.

All of my experiences with Microsoft's customer service and support have been top notch. If there is a problem they bone up to it and do what they can to fix it. Not like Sony which 5-6 years after the fact they were forced in Court to admit that Disk Read Errors were a problem with there original PS2 design.

Because of experinces like yours is why i'm pro Microsoft.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox 360...customer servie and repair!

Post by DivotMaker »

SEMINOLE wrote:I haven't read about anyone else here having problems with their 360 besides me. I was having the "please put this disk in an Xbox 360 Console" error occasionally. So needless to say I dealt with it for a few weeks thinking it was something small or easily correctable. So last week I decided I should send it in. They overnighted a a shipping box with prepaid overnight back to them. I sent it out Monday afternoon, with only my console in the box (no hdd or power sup.) as I was told to do. To my surprise, DHL was knocking at the door this morning. In the box was a NEW 360 ( i am still holding my breath as to if this one will have problems) AND a NEW HDD!!! Thats right, they sent me a new HDD. (LOL) so i get this letter saying they had chosen to exchange my CORE to a 360 that includes an HDD. So long story short I got a free HDD and I KNOW there are plenty looking for these for there Cores.

All in all it sucked having to send it back, but it was a painless process and VERY QUICK turnaround. Oh and a free gift ;) Just wanted to share my experience and make a place for others to post questions about repairs or problems they may be having.

One other thing to add and others were speculating about is the manufacture date. My old console was manuf. 10/10/05. This new one is manufacture 11/15/05 Wonder if there is a bad batch in October?
One of my TW360 buddies had a very similar experience. He is VERY pleased with the committment and efficiency in which MS is performing with this issue.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I totally agree Rodster, I too have dealt with Sony about DRE's and a console that just quit working. Very poor, even when they decided to fix them for free it took about 3-4 weeks and I had to pay for initial shipping and packaging. That was a year or so ago. So a few months ago when I am having problems again, they tell me its $60 to repair. BS! I was once a ps2 owner only and really never even looked MS's way. Boy has my tone changed!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I had a similar experience with them with the Xbox. They paid for shipping, sent the box, and had a quick turnaround time. All of this over a year after the original warranty ended.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Well, I guess I will be testing Microsoft's customer service as I am sending my console back to them. PGR3 locks up everytime I play it (it's locked up at least 10 times now), sometimes within 2 or 3 minutes of booting up a cool console. Tiger Woods has locked up twice. NBA 2K6 froze on me last night for a minute before coming back. I would also consider my DVD performance to be at best average and at worst unwatchable (U2 Vertigo video). I did not have this problem with the Xbox DVD performance.

My console birthdate was 11/21/05 FWIW.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

That sucks, man, but maybe you'll get better DVD performance out of the deal. Have you tried the U2 video with the Xbox1 on your HDTV, so you're sure it's the poor performance of the 360 and not the TV?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

webdanzer wrote:That sucks, man, but maybe you'll get better DVD performance out of the deal. Have you tried the U2 video with the Xbox1 on your HDTV, so you're sure it's the poor performance of the 360 and not the TV?
Yeah, the U2 video looked fine on the Xbox with component cables and HDTV. The Polar Express looked fantastic on the Xbox and looks a bit fuzzy with the 360 even with the same TV settings.

When I get the box to send it back I'm going to hook up the Xbox again and retest it. If it was just the DVD performance I wouldn't be sure, but the multiple lockups with two games and a partial lockup with another pretty much sealed the deal.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

What's the process for using this xbox 360 customer service repair / replacement?

I'm thinking about sending mine in. It's frozen on me 3 times while playing Madden, once playing NBA 2K6 and most recently while going from my game to the XBOX Dashboard after pressing the Y button.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Boom wrote:What's the process for using this xbox 360 customer service repair / replacement?

I'm thinking about sending mine in. It's frozen on me 3 times while playing Madden, once playing NBA 2K6 and most recently while going from my game to the XBOX Dashboard after pressing the Y button.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/contact/

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Hmmmm....I love Microsoft.

Last edited by Leebo33 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Leebo33 wrote:Hmmmm....I love Microsoft.

(img deleted)
Never mind Microsoft. What jackass drove his golf cart on the green!!??

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

LOL. The d*ckhead did it again!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Is that in every snow shot, Leebo?

(And damn, how can you leave that TV power light on?! :) )

Lol, oops, I suppose that's not snow!

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

one more quick question. If I return send my current 360 in for repair/replacement, does that void my extended warranty purchased from Gamestop at time of purchase?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

webdanzer wrote:And damn, how can you leave that TV power light on?! :)
LOL. I offered to turn it off, but my wife likes it on because "she can be sure the TV is off."

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Boom wrote:one more quick question. If I return send my current 360 in for repair/replacement, does that void my extended warranty purchased from Gamestop at time of purchase?
I would call first but I would not think so if you show them the paperwork necessitating your returned unit.....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hmm my brand new one I got yesterday gave me that error the first time I put in Madden. Think I should keep an eye on it or call right away?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Boom, my first box I got back included a letter stating you need to call Eb/GS to let them know you had a repair done through microsoft warranty. If they sent you a new console you just need to give them the new Serial #

My 3rd 360 should be here Wed or Thur. Heres to hoping all my troubles are gone

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

3rd. Some people are trying to find their first console. 8O
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

I had a great experience with their customer support, too. I was having problems with both of my wireless controllers shorting out during gameplay, so that I would get a "reconnect controller" message every few seconds. I called MS and they DHL'ed me a new wireless controller, no charge. As it turns out, the problem was simply that the batteries were going dead (I was thrown because it was happening to both controllers simultaneously). Now I've got a third controller.

For whoever was having problems with Madden freezing their system, I think that has to do with a bad batch of Madden discs, not the console itself. Mine will freeze every so often, particularly when I pause it for more than a few minutes.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

JRod wrote:3rd. Some people are trying to find their first console. 8O
3rd as in I don't have one right now. 3rd as in I have had 2 broken 360's. THIRD as in don't blame me or others for not preordering your console early enough!! 8O

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Last night Zep invited me to play PGR, when I entered the room and was waiting for them to finish their race I checked my messages and although I could still talk to them, my dashboard was locked up.

After shutting down the 360 manually, I was unable to get any game to recognize. I had to shut down the system for 10 minutes and then I put in madden and it worked. Should I send this thing in, or was tis just a fluke?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'd check around the Net. I know there are problems with the dashboard and PGR3 that people are bitching about on the Bizarre Creations and Xbox.com forums. I thought my copy of PGR3 was the problem, but I had enough other problems that it was obvious that my Xbox is defective:

- PGR3 crashes EVERY time I play it. At least 10 crashes no matter if I used the dashboard or not.
- Very poor DVD movie performance.
- Madden crashed the first time I played it at halftime and had 1-3 second pauses after/during plays.
- Tiger Woods crashed twice plus the snowy screens above.
- Poor NBA 2K6 framerate after made baskets.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Here has been my experience so far:

Called support: 12/13/05
Box received for return: 12/14/05
Box sent by me: 12/15/05
New Xbox 360 sent to me by MS: 12/17/05
New Xbox 360 received by me: 12/20/05

So, it was exactly one week from the time I called until I got a new 360. My new console was "born" a week later. I got an extra hard drive out of the deal since I detached my last one prior to sending it in.

Wish me luck!