Gamercards in Sigs REVISITED (Vote now!!!)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Please vote if you are FOR or AGAINST having Gamercards in DSP Sig Files:

FOR (Yes, I think it would be cool to see other user's gamercards)
50%
AGAINST (No, I don't think images should be allowed in signatures)
50%

Total votes: 58

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Gamercards in Sigs REVISITED (Vote now!!!)

Post by Toper »

I know that images in sigs are a no-no here, but I think that having an exception for Gamercards would be a great idea. I discovered a "slim" version of the Gamercard that is less obtrusive and ONLY 3.8kb...here's a sample:

A ran the idea of allowing this smaller version in our sigs by Jared, and he was kind enough to allow a vote on it.

This poll is NOT limited to just people with gamercards, so I invite EVERYONE to vote. Also, this is for adding the slim version of the gamercard image ONLY...it is NOT my intent to use this poll to "open the door" for allowing any other images in sigs (now or in the future).

This poll will run until monday/tuesday, so please feel free to participate/comment until then. If this vote passes, I'll post the code for it next week.

Thanks for your time,

Toper
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Toper331][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Toper331.jpg[/img][/url]

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I vote no...we get to see everyone's gamercard every time we log into Xbox Live if we want to, I don't need to be forced to look at it if I want to browse the forum. I also don't need to see everyone's gamercard in every single post. It turns the forum into a graphical mess. I'm not talking about loading pages slower either...I am talking about the simplicity of it right now. Adding a bunch of pictures to each and every post is a bit much. If you can't get your "personality" across in your avatar, go visit OS. At least over there, you can disable sigs...we can't here.

That's my opinion anyway.

I do suggest however that we get a forum STICKY that we can list our gamertages in their "bigger" form. You know, the ones that show the games and everything else. That way if someone wants to look at everyone's gamertag, there is a nice central location that we can do that. Just set it to link to it and everytime someone re-loads the page or enters the "sticky" they will get everyones tag in it's updated form.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

db's sounds like a good idea.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

I was thinking the same thing as Toper a couple of days ago but I decided not to post it.

I like it.

I say yes.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I think it would be cool.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I'm with DB on this one. I just don't care to see a bunch of cards on every thread.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Dave wrote:I'm with DB on this one. I just don't care to see a bunch of cards on every thread.
I totally agree with you guys.

What does the small version of the Gamercard tell me anyway? I can go to the thread to get Gamertags or you can put a line of text in your sig. I really don't care how many "stars" people have.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

dbdynsty25 wrote: I do suggest however that we get a forum STICKY that we can list our gamertages in their "bigger" form. You know, the ones that show the games and everything else. That way if someone wants to look at everyone's gamertag, there is a nice central location that we can do that. Just set it to link to it and everytime someone re-loads the page or enters the "sticky" they will get everyones tag in it's updated form.
There's a thread similar to this over at OS. I suggest going that route as well.

I vote "No".

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i like seeing them. I'll be on live soon.

and you know...i really like how we discuss stuff at this forum w/o being dicks.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

I voted yes, especially if there is a smaller less obtrusive version.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Sully wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote: I do suggest however that we get a forum STICKY that we can list our gamertages in their "bigger" form. You know, the ones that show the games and everything else. That way if someone wants to look at everyone's gamertag, there is a nice central location that we can do that. Just set it to link to it and everytime someone re-loads the page or enters the "sticky" they will get everyones tag in it's updated form.
There's a thread similar to this over at OS. I suggest going that route as well.

I vote "No".

I Agree with DB and Sully.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I like the little ones. I voted yes.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

I voted yes.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

I like them, voted yes. It accomplishes two things. 1) Display of your gamertag so that you can more easily associate a person's handle here, with their gamertag on Live without going to a tread and searching for their name. 2) It shows what games they have been playing recently or what accomplishments they've done (so you can perhaps ask them for tips to get past a certain level, etc).

I know other forums are putting them over on the left frame, under the avatar/location/posts info. That could be an option as well.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I voted yes, it will be pretty cool, and show what a STRONG Xbox community we really are!
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

"A ran the idea of allowing this smaller version in our sigs by Jared, and he was kind enough to allow a vote on it."

What good do the smaller Gamercards do? I mean, they show nothing about what games are being played etc..... They are just a pretty picture with your Gamertag and Rep.

That being said, I do vote yes for the FULL Gamertag. Otherwise, what's the point?

red

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

The voting is ONLY for the small gamertag. There will be no large gamertag...that's already decided.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

redneck wrote:"A ran the idea of allowing this smaller version in our sigs by Jared, and he was kind enough to allow a vote on it."

What good do the smaller Gamercards do? I mean, they show nothing about what games are being played etc..... They are just a pretty picture with your Gamertag and Rep.

That being said, I do vote yes for the FULL Gamertag. Otherwise, what's the point?

red
Well, I guess if you want to see all that stuff you can just click on the gamercard and it will show you all that info. I like the idea if possibly having it as your avatar...is that possible?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

"Well, I guess if you want to see all that stuff you can just click on the gamercard and it will show you all that info."

It will only show you all that info. if you are an XBL/Passport subscriber. I'm not and when I click on it, it sends me to the Passport screen to log in.

red

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

There's absolutely no useful information in that image. Just more clutter.
I vote No.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

mobiggins wrote:There's absolutely no useful information in that image. Just more clutter.
I vote No.
Precisely.

I do understand people's need/want to see these things in thier full form though. They can be a valuable piece of information. But that information should be relegated to a thread where people can go to find that info...not at the expense of the entire board.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

What's point of having it shown here anyways? I don't own a 360, so I could care less about seeing what everyone's cartoon photo looks like.

I'm a no.
-Matt

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

One more point I'd liek to make that I have not seen mentioned. At OS you have the option to turn off all the images. If we had that option here, I'd have no problem with it because I could disable it. If we are foreced to se it, then I don't see a point to cluttering up every thread.
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

matthewk wrote:One more point I'd liek to make that I have not seen mentioned. At OS you have the option to turn off all the images. If we had that option here, I'd have no problem with it because I could disable it. If we are foreced to se it, then I don't see a point to cluttering up every thread.
LOL...from my first response:
If you can't get your "personality" across in your avatar, go visit OS. At least over there, you can disable sigs...we can't here.
And I agree.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I vote No as well. Graphics in sigs, even when small, add too much clutter. I have stopped going to so many other forums because of clutter, redundant posts, too many sub forums, etc. DSP is my safe haven for quick simplicity. Anything that can be done to keep it that way makes this old fart happy. :)