2K Games - Xbox vs 360?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

2K Games - Xbox vs 360?

Post by JackB1 »

I was interested in how the same game compared on the 2 different consoles for NBA2K6 and NHL2K6. Is the gameplay much different?
Obviously the graphics are nicer, but are they THAT MUCH nicer?
Are we talking PS1 to PS2 difference?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There are two pretty good impressions thread on these games, I bet you would get a quicker anwser there.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 2K Games - Xbox vs 360?

Post by bdoughty »

JackB1 wrote:I was interested in how the same game compared on the 2 different consoles for NBA2K6 and NHL2K6. Is the gameplay much different?
Obviously the graphics are nicer, but are they THAT MUCH nicer?
Are we talking PS1 to PS2 difference?
Hard to say since you have no 2K/Visual Concepts games from the PS1 era. Not really fair to use the Dreamcast as a gauge.

Now if you are talking EA

Madden at the end of the PSX Generation

Madden at the start of the PS2 Generation

Madden at the end of the PS2 Generation

Madden on 360

Last edited by bdoughty on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The graphics ARE that much better...at least in NBA. I'm still waiting to receive a gamefly'd NHL, so I can't really compare that one yet.

anchester
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by anchester »

personally i hate the new madden flat camera view where you cannot see the defense or the field pre snap. when the camera zooms out, it does it so dramaticly in both pitch and width, that is jarring to the viewer. Also, the score overlay is on the bottom and more likely to block on field action. Change for the sake of change is not good.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

NHL 2K6 for the 360 does not look significanly better than the Xbox version. The only noticeable difference in graphics is the ice and the glass. It looks great on the 360.

Gameplay wise, the controls are tighter on the 360 and just feels perfect. If the game was priced around $40, I'd definitely pick it up. But it doesn't feel that much different on the Xbox, though the A.I. is smarter about odd man rushes.

Now, NBA 2K6 not only got a facelift but it plays better which I didn't think was possible.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Try this. It's a great (graphical) comparison between the Xbox and 360 versions of NBA 2K6.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1382/ ... antage/p1/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

great article. thanks!

Murph wrote:Try this. It's a great (graphical) comparison between the Xbox and 360 versions of NBA 2K6.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1382/ ... antage/p1/

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Maybe it's me, but I've noticed a little jagginess on some of the players in NBA 2K6 for the 360. Didn't notice it the first couple days primarily because I was in awe of the courts and the players faces. Would upgrading to HD composite cables help?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

anchester wrote:personally i hate the new madden flat camera view where you cannot see the defense or the field pre snap. when the camera zooms out, it does it so dramaticly in both pitch and width, that is jarring to the viewer. Also, the score overlay is on the bottom and more likely to block on field action. Change for the sake of change is not good.
This is not a Madden thread. Please keep comments like this in the proper thread. You are free to hate EA all you want but at least do it in the right place. Consider this a warning.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

bdoughty wrote:
Hard to say since you have no 2K/Visual Concepts games from the PS1 era. Not really fair to use the Dreamcast as a gauge.
bdoughty,

Not sure if you researched that (found the pics) yourself, or if it was displayed in another article/thread somewhere; either way...THANKS!

It helps to put the graphic improvements into perspective to be able to glance at the progression on one page. We're so 'conditioned' to the slow evolvement of graphics and the amazing CG work from HollyWood that we fail to realize how far things have come. Looking at those pics is a quick indication of just how NEXT-GEN Madden 360 actually is. Now imagine it in 5 years!...
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Yeah, nice layout, bd. It's funny how in my mind, Madden 2001 and Madden 2006 on the PS2 looked nearly identical, when that is CLEARLY not that case.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sport73 wrote:Now imagine it in 5 years!...
You mean when the Xbox 720 retails for $799 and only 100,000 are shipped for the entire U.S. launch? :P

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

I don't see a difference between those pictures. Sure the 360 looks a little better but definately not as mind blowing as the Dreamcast. 8O
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

No problemo. I just threw it together since a PSX/PS2 comparison was requested. Had to edit out one image that was indoors and use one from IGN that was outdoors.

I have no idea how our eyes survived the PSX. It hurts just to look at the screens. Hard to imagine seeing that in motion again.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

JRod wrote:I don't see a difference between those pictures. Sure the 360 looks a little better but definately not as mind blowing as the Dreamcast. 8O

:) Ah you funny funny guy. As much as I loved the NFL 2K series and the DC, it had it share of issues. Not all was perfect in Sega's 128 bit world when it launched.

Throw in Vincnt Price's voice and you have the Football version of thriller.

Do I even need to say anything?

Anyway this is not a Madden vs 2K vs yada yada thread. If you can't see the amazing graphical jump between the Xbox 360 version and the current version...

Like Scoop said this is neither the time nor the place. I put up the screens to help answer the original posters question.

Dimmu
Mario Mendoza

Post by Dimmu »

Visual Concepts made NBA Fastbreak '98 for PS1. Graphics really decent for the time and great animation at the expense of extremely slow gameplay with outrageous shooting percentages for the CPU. 3 pointer after 3 pointer raining in at a 60%+ clip. I'll bet not a lot of people ever played it. I still have it but haven't played it in years.
Last edited by Dimmu on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

That is why I specifically stated the 2k brand. VC has been making games for quite some time and developed games for Midway, EA and others. They were also the ones behind the Madden that was never released on the Playstation when it launched, etc, etc, etc. Pretty well known to most sports gamers.

The list if you need to see their history.

http://allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=CIB|||||1630

Dimmu
Mario Mendoza

Post by Dimmu »

bdoughty wrote:That is why I specifically stated the 2k brand. VC has been making games for quite some time and developed games for Midway, EA and others. They were also the ones behind the Madden that was never released on the Playstation when it launched, etc, etc, etc. Pretty well known to most sports gamers.

Excuse me for trying to be helpful. You don't need to be a smartass all of the time.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dimmu wrote:
bdoughty wrote:That is why I specifically stated the 2k brand. VC has been making games for quite some time and developed games for Midway, EA and others. They were also the ones behind the Madden that was never released on the Playstation when it launched, etc, etc, etc. Pretty well known to most sports gamers.

Excuse me for trying to be helpful. You don't need to be a smartass all of the time.
Uhh...how was that being a smartass? He was doing the same. Sheesh...so sensitive. :roll:

Dimmu
Mario Mendoza

Post by Dimmu »

okay, whatever.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Take a look at the DC pictures. Was it really that bad? God how amazing it looked when I brought that game home.

Still look at the PSX pics and then the DC game and you do see quite an improvement.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Perspective is a funny thing. Not to continue on the EA/2K tangent, but the first PS2 versions of NFL 2K were pretty much ports and were found to be underwhelming by users much like some find Madden 360 to be underwhelming. Funny, I had forgotten how ape-like the first 2K football players were.

Anyway, those pictures really are pretty telling about the changes we have seen over the past few years. Very interesting.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The thing about the first 2k football game on the PS2 was that it was HORRIBLE compared to the Xbox version. It really seemed like they were the ones who produced the game for the Xbox and then ported down to the PS2...unlike Madden which was the other way around.