OT: Beer, etc.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Beer, etc.

Post by fsquid »

Pete wrote:My favorite, from a local brewery here in Michigan, is the Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

They also make the summer favorite, in which my wife will also actually drink, is their Oberon.

On a trip to the west side of the state, my wife and I visited their brewery. Neat place. If you are ever in the Kalamazoo area, stop in.
one of my favorites. I like anything from 21st Amendment BRewing out in Cali. I get it when I go to Virginia on business.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Anything from Langunitas is pretty much a standard in my fridge. Oh, and all of the Newcastle varieties as well (minus Warewolf, gross). I'm a big big fan of both breweries.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I've got a fondness for most anything Sam Adams for the everyday beer. The Summer Ale has been a good companion this year. Love some Fat Tire. I always try the local brews wherever I happen to be, as well. Really, local microbrews are some of the best beers I've had.
Agreed on Sam Adams. Their Boston Lager is a staple for me. I'm also a fan of their Summer Ale. Their Cherry Wheat is also tasty.

I'm with you on the local breweries. I know I've posted it before but America's oldest brewery, Yuengling (1829), is 10 minutes up the road from me :). Also, my brother moved to Downingtown, Pa a few years ago and the Victory Brewing Co. is located there. Tremendous local brewery. Their Summer Love has been going down smooth most of the summer. FABULOUS.

http://www.victorybeer.com/beers/
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Bevmo is the only place I've seen in L.A. that carries it: Red Horse. A great beer from the Philippines.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:I've got a fondness for most anything Sam Adams for the everyday beer. The Summer Ale has been a good companion this year. Love some Fat Tire. I always try the local brews wherever I happen to be, as well. Really, local microbrews are some of the best beers I've had.
Agreed on Sam Adams. Their Boston Lager is a staple for me. I'm also a fan of their Summer Ale. Their Cherry Wheat is also tasty.

I'm with you on the local breweries. I know I've posted it before but America's oldest brewery, Yuengling (1829), is 10 minutes up the road from me :). Also, my brother moved to Downingtown, Pa a few years ago and the Victory Brewing Co. is located there. Tremendous local brewery. Their Summer Love has been going down smooth most of the summer. FABULOUS.

Well, I didn't see it...damn, I'd wind up being Norm from Cheers at Yuengling...lol. I really wanna go to Boston sometime and tour the Sam Adams brewery.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Miller High-Life.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:Miller High-Life.
Embarrassing. Might as well drink Hard Cider.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

LOL. I posted that just for you DB.

High-Life is my go-to cheap beer that is easy to have 2-3 with a meal of and not feel weighed down. Trust me, I know it's a kind of crap beer, but that's its draw for me. There are times for a nice, full bodied beer and times when I just want something to chug with some pizza.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Spooky wrote:High-Life is my go-to cheap beer that is easy to have 2-3 with a meal of and not feel weighed down. Trust me, I know it's a kind of crap beer, but that's its draw for me. There are times for a nice, full bodied beer and times when I just want something to chug with some pizza.
That's when PBR fits my bill. And I've been drinking long before it became the Official Cheap Elixir of D*uchebag Hipsters.

:)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

pk500 wrote:
Spooky wrote:High-Life is my go-to cheap beer that is easy to have 2-3 with a meal of and not feel weighed down. Trust me, I know it's a kind of crap beer, but that's its draw for me. There are times for a nice, full bodied beer and times when I just want something to chug with some pizza.
That's when PBR fits my bill. And I've been drinking long before it became the Official Cheap Elixir of D*uchebag Hipsters.

Exactly. PBR and High-Life are fairly interchangeable for me. And High-Life is, unfortunately, very much a D*uchebag Hipster beer in Chicago.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:[Exactly. PBR and High-Life are fairly interchangeable for me. And High-Life is, unfortunately, very much a D*uchebag Hipster beer in Chicago.
Going to a wedding in Chicago in early November...I look forward to making fun of everyone there. :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:

It's been a mystery to me for years...how in the hell did anyone, anywhere, EVER consider that horse piss worthy of a blue ribbon????? 8O :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Well, I didn't see it...damn, I'd wind up being Norm from Cheers at Yuengling...lol. I really wanna go to Boston sometime and tour the Sam Adams brewery.
The Yuengling tour is FREE plus you get two beers at the end! :D Their seasonal Oktoberfest just came out for the fall. I like Sammy's Octoberfest better but Yuengling's is very good. I'll post some pics of the caves at the Yuengling Brewery later on tonight. Awesome place.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Here are a few pics of the caves at the Yuengling Brewery. They opened them to the public on the tour a few years back. They have been there since the early 1820’s and stay at a constant 52 degrees. The other pic is of a Yuengling cooler signed by the king himself - Dick Yuengling :D. I won it at a golf tournament last year.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

A friend turned me on to Sweetwater a while back.. I have no idea how big they are or even if they are known outside of Georgia (they are based out of Atlanta).

http://sweetwaterbrew.com/brews/

Their IPA is very hoppy but good. I also like their 420.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Here are a few pics of the caves at the Yuengling Brewery. They opened them to the public on the tour a few years back. They have been there since the early 1820’s and stay at a constant 52 degrees. The other pic is of a Yuengling cooler signed by the king himself - Dick Yuengling :D. I won it at a golf tournament last year.

That's frickin' awesome.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

My parents are from Williamstown, about 20 minutes from Pottsville. I've done the Yuengling tour many times, it's great and worth the trip. Great pics, Diablo.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fatheadX wrote:My parents are from Williamstown, about 20 minutes from Pottsville. I've done the Yuengling tour many times, it's great and worth the trip. Great pics, Diablo.
Yuengling Porter is really good.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

And Doom 3 and Red faction created levels around it :D