EA Sports and the 360- What a joke.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

EA Sports and the 360- What a joke.

Post by redneck »

BD was right. If you're going to get a 360, wait until the next round of games when the features and standard gameplay modes are actually in the game. Stay the hell away from this crap and do not reward a game company as big as EA with your hard earned money for $59.99 games that are so stripped down it isn't even funny.

For the first time in a while I will NOT be getting a console at launch. I'll just stick with my good old Xbox and await CH 2K6 and Arena Football. I'll decide next summer if I'm going to spring for a 360 or a PSP to get my NCAA Football fix. But, if EA decides to give us a stripped down 360 or PSP NCAA title, I'll stick with the Xbox.

red
Last edited by redneck on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Please.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Image

Please.
Agreed! :roll:
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Red,

Did you get my message about the PSP for sale?

Dan

anchester
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by anchester »

i agree w/ redneck. But are you suprised. EA constantly pumps out ports, programs for the lowest common denominator, removes features, never fixes gameplay flaws, and basically sits on their ass and pisses over the hardcore gamer (w/ rare exception MVP). They are number 1 in sales so they must do something right (why, I am still trying to figure this out).

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Well my OPINION was geared toward all the sports games. Not limited to EA Sports. It's not like 2ksports games are getting high praises and same goes with Tony Hawk American Wasteland. The only thing I give credit to 2k for is keeping in all the features. I was only "right" as far as "my" purchasing habbits go, which are strictly limited to sports games. I am one of the biggest graphic whores at DSP but from what I have seen it's not a big enough jump to pay $59.99 for prettier graphics and far less substance. I once spent $700 on a 3DO just to play Madden on it. I have traveled down that path.

NCAA Football is my favorite game followed by College Hoops. With CH 2K6, Arena Football, WE9 and MVP College Baseball I have plenty to keep me busy until NCAA 07 hits. What I find funny is people who think purchasing the Xbox 360 at launch is a waste because of EA Sports. Other then an eventual price drop on the system there really is no reasoning to hold off if you plan on getting an Xbox 360. Plenty of non sports games and racing games to enjoy on it. If I still played non-sports games I would consider one. I could have always rented the first crop of sports games just to try them out.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Okay...I hope this is the correct thread for this post **fingers crossed**

I played a few quarters of both Madden 360 and NBA LIVE 360 yesterday and wanted to give VERY brief impressions, mostly on presentation rather than gameplay.

MADDEN:

-Actually VERY impressive looking from a graphical standpoint in high-def. The videos really do not do the game justice.

-However, it seems to be lacking serious polish/flash in the presentation dept. No flashy TV style presentation stuff going on at all. The replays are horribly bland and usually occur in the background of the play calling. In fact, even the coin toss is done before you even get into the actual gameplay portion, it looks like part of the loading screen.

-Gameplay seemed typical Madden with a few more animations but for some reason I really felt detached from a controlling standpoint. I could not figure out how to activate the vibration function either. Overall it just felt a bit bland and stripped down. Purists might like that but I felt a bit disappointed. It is hard to explain fully, but I just was not feeling it.

LIVE:

-Super slick presentation, perhaps the most impressive yet from a menu to interface standpoint.

-Graphics are even more impressive than Madden and it has much more of a flash too boot. Although it still could use a tip or two from the 2K games on TV style presentation for replays and stats, ect…

-Gameplay is MUCH slower than it’s current gen cousins, which I think is a very good thing, although at times it did fell a tad sluggish. Basically IGN’s review had very valid points about the gameplay feel, however, from my brief play time I think the game deserves WAY more than a 5.9. It struck me as more of a 7.5-8.0 game, even without all the features. Madden felt like more of a 5.9 game to me.

I also played a few holes of Tiger and was not impressed at all. Gameplay is identical from the current gen and the graphics, while good, were nothing astonishing. The colors seem a bit muted too. It just felt very ‘blah’. I turned it off after 3 holes.

Sorry for being so brief, but I really don’t want to say too much, especially gameplay wise since I really only spent 20-30 minutes with each game. I would be happy to try and answer question though.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Spooky wrote:Okay...I hope this is the correct thread for this post **fingers crossed**

:lol:

Dont let the thread nazis scare you...

Thanks for the impressions...

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

XXXIV wrote:

Dont let the thread nazis scare you...

Thanks for the impressions...
Isn't there an open bottle of Jack Daniels you have not plowed through? ;)

Anyway good impressions and pretty much what I expected from what the videos were showing. The impressions of TW only have me hoping even more that 2KSports is hard at work on a Links game.

anchester
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by anchester »

thanks for the impressions. It is not supriseing that the NBA live gameplay looked more next gen than madden. A couple of videos I saw have made it look like the most next gen sports game (except racing) that I have seen so far. Madden gameplay is probably the same as current gen which to me means stale.

I do want to rent Live to see the cool presentation and next gen look. If it plays a good online game, maybe i will purchase a used copy down the line (note EA will never get my money for a new game until they change their ways).

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Just FYI according to a poster at GAF the NBA Live demo is up for those with a 360 and it weighs in around 500MB and he is already dl'ing it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I played Madden for about 20 min. over at Best Buy and I pretty much agree with Spooky.

I'm pretty sure that it won't disappoint most people...it's got really nice graphics (but typical bland EA presentation) and a pretty decent base for the gameplay so it should do just fine until next August when 07 hits. I'm sure we'll get a lot more flash with the next iteration. Didn't EA buy the ESPN license? I have a feeling we'll see it next season.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Can someone look for the "glitch" in Madden?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:Can someone look for the "glitch" in Madden?
Even though I "kinda" have an idea about what it is. I would venture a guess that it's not there. It really is a new Madden...with a lot of reused animations.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Even though I "kinda" have an idea about what it is. I would venture a guess that it's not there. It really is a new Madden...with a lot of reused animations.
rO0sE!111!!!11!1one!!!exclamationpoint!1!!1!

That's impossible db. Didn't you know that EA lied about the whole "from the ground up" thing and it's just a port of the PS2 version with spiffier graphics?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

:?:

ok Siam.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I was told my another poster, marino, that the glitch was still there.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Sully wrote:
I was told my another poster, marino, that the glitch was still there.

OMGWTFBBQ That means both DB and EA lied to me. How can you screw the same thing up again if it was "built from the ground up?" Hell how can you leave that glitch there with so many people have complained about it on the EXISTING VERSION?

Why DB would you lead a fellow DSPal astray? I feel used.

Oh and of course. ;)

Oh and some new Madden videos for those of us who hate going to Best Buy.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ay=6140093

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It was a guess motherf*cker...see where I said "I would venture a guess"...that means it's a GUESS. I GUESS you're just stupid.

Welcome to the 7.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It was a guess motherf*cker...see where I said "I would venture a guess"...that means it's a GUESS. I GUESS you're just stupid.

Welcome to the 7.
You really are an angry, angry little man when you get behind a keyboard. Oh you ventured wrong leader of the 7, which I refuse to be part of.

I can't figure out which is more enjoyable. Seeing you get your panties in a wad or XXXIV posting while liquored up. Or when both happen at the same time and the Rams lose.

You are still my DSPal.. Hug? Cuddle? Both?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bdoughty wrote:You really are an angry, angry little man when you get behind a keyboard. Oh you ventured wrong leader of the 7, which I refuse to be part of.
You've already been relocated...so there's no need trying to refuse.
bdoughty wrote:You are still my DSPal.. Hug? Cuddle? Both?
Neither sounds like a plan.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Oh you act like a big brute but underneath that tough guy act you show off on the forum lies a gentle, tender, caring human being. Heck I bet your girlfriend even has a cute little nickname for you like say, "cuckold." :wink:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

uhh...cuckold? I don't want to know actually.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Just out of curiousity, what does the 7 mean that you guys always reference?
I am a patient boy.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Oh, and I got a chance to play Madden at EB when I went to pick up COD2 and NBA 2k6. Wow! It looked amazing and it was being played on a standard 27" tv. My guess is the manager took one of the core packages nobody was going to buy and set it up where the Xbox used to be. I can't wait to see this game in hd.

I was only able to play 1 offensive and 1 defensive series but I can tell right away that this is not a port of the PS2/Xbox version. There are things they carried over but this game was seriously built from the ground up for the 360.

I avoided finding out what the Madden glitch was this year so I have no idea if it carried over or not.
I am a patient boy.