For those getting a 360 on launch (or shortly thereafter)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

For those getting a 360 on launch (or shortly thereafter)

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'm definitely getting on on launch and as of right now the only game I'm getting is Madden. I'll probably get one more title at launch and 3 more for the holidays.

I'm curious what games you guys are planning on getting at launch. I'm having a hard time picking my second game. Right now I think I'm going to pick up Perfect Dark Zero and save PGR3, an NBA game based on impressions, and Condemned for the holidays.

What games are you picking up and why? I'd like to get some 360 live action going on too so maybe I'm overlooking a game that will be popular in these parts.
Last edited by ScoopBrady on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Here are the games I have paid off already:

1. Perfect Dark Zero - I think this game looks really cool. I love the Co-Op aspect.

2. Kameo - It will be fun I'm sure, but maybe not great. Definitely a show off the system title though. I actually already have the game at home as it came out yesterday for some reason.

3. COD2: This one was not on my radar until playing it at the kiosk. Seems like typical COD fun which I sorely missed on the console attempt.

4. King Kong: Another one that I just more recently became very interested in from the demo and recent articles.

5. PGR3: How could this game not be fun? Even if I don't play it for that long, I cannot wait to see this game on my 55" Sony LCD!

And I think I have $5 or $10 down on both NFS: Most Wanted and TW2006. NFS actually is beginning to look like fun even though it is not the most advanced looking 360 title. Who know!?!? I may end up with an NBA game instead.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'm getting Madden and COD2 for sure. I'm waiting to see if NHL2K6 is really gonna be out on launch day. If so then that is money also 8)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Manual-lewis
Mario Mendoza

Post by Manual-lewis »

Madden and NBA2k6 or NBA Live..Possibly Tiger Woods Golf too

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I will be in line at midnight at my local GameStop with the hundreds of 16 year olds for the midnight launch "party". I was assured yesterday of being in the first release.

As of now i will be getting Madden and COD. Unlike the Spookster who apparently has money growing out of his ears :wink: , two games and the system wiped out my "slush fund" for a little while.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Madden and COD 2 for me. I also just got a call from the Gamestop where I pre-ordered. They are offering a whopping 20% bonus on any trades used for 360-related stuff. :roll: Ok, it's not much but it's something.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Damn, how could I forget about COD? Maybe I'll skip an NBA game or Condemned (no way in hell I'm not picking up PGR3) and get COD instead.

I would definitely be interested in NHL 2k6 but it's $40 more than the Xbox version I already have and the only thing that appears to have been added is the crease control.
I am a patient boy.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

My thoughts on a few games:

THE MUST HAVES: (for me)

NBA 2K6-Played awesome on the XBOX, so I am all about a sweet graphical update for it with the same gameplay. Developers at OS have sworn they have addressed the niggling flaws of this gen's version, so I'm all about it.

Perfect Dark Zero-Seems to be the game with the most buzz, and probably your best-bet launch title, from a quality perspective.

THE MAYBES:

Madden-What was once a complete must-have has turned into a maybe for me as the launch approaches. Some of the gameplay videos look a little suspect, and I don't know if it's too late in the season for me to become fully involved in an NFL game. Strong word-of-mouth would sway me towards a purchase, but my gut tells me this one may disappoint.

PGR 3-Not the biggest racing fan in the world, but the graphics whore in me likes it very much.

Kameo- Wasn't on my radar, but the demo at Wal-Mart impressed me a ton.

Call off Duty 2-See Kameo.

When all is said and done, I will probably end up with between two and five titles.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I played COD2 on a 360 Kiosk the other day and it was damn impressive in person. The HD capabilities looked awesome. Can't wait to see other games!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

RallyMonkey wrote: As of now i will be getting Madden and COD. Unlike the Spookster who apparently has money growing out of his ears :wink: , two games and the system wiped out my "slush fund" for a little while.
lol...

You'd be surprised at how $10 here and $15 there adds up. Not to mention the fact that I work part time at EBGames and am in the store 2-3 times a week. Plus, I am able to be a bit 'flexible' with our return policy. :wink: With that said, I have been able to use certain aspects of my employment to my advantage (all totally legal of course) and coupled with my somewhat small contributions here and there it just added up quick. I aslo traded in my PSP and my X-Box so that helped.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

I've got Madden and COD2 pre-purchased. I had been vacillating between the two basketball games, but as we get closer to D-Day, I've pretty much settled on 2K6, which I know is going to play a realistic and fun game of basketball.

I'm expecting those games to be it until GR3 next year.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

NBA2k6
NHL2k6
Madden
PGR3
CoD2
PDZ

I'm getting Live and Kameo with the bundle I purchased, but am unsure as to whether or not I'm going to keep them.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

CoD2
Madden
PDZ
PGR3

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Definitely:

NHL 2k6
NBA 2k6
Madden
Amped
PGR

I'm probably only going to have enough for 4 games, so I'm not sure exactly which one is getting nixed. I'm betting on one of them not releasing on the same day so that should make my decision for me. Or I can just sell more sh*t to make up for it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sully wrote:NBA2k6
NHL2k6
Madden
PGR3
CoD2
PDZ

I'm getting Live and Kameo with the bundle I purchased, but am unsure as to whether or not I'm going to keep them.
Pretty much my list except PDZ and PGR3 are out. I have the same bundle you mentioned above. Kameo is definately out. I'll check out Live.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

anchester
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by anchester »

getting

1) kameo
2) pgr3
3) pd0

will rent madden and other sports games to see what is good (get 2 free BB rentals / month w/ online plan). Will buy the best sports game used or wait for a sale. I just don't want to spend 60 bux. Plus, I have a policy never to buy a EA game new, particularly madden.

Looking forward to condemned, too.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

I got the GREAT news yesterday that despite being a little late to Pre-Order, I will be rewarded by my local EBGames manager for being a loyal & frequent customer with an XBox 360 at midnight on launch day!!!

So far, I've reserved:

Madden
COD 2
PGR 3

But, I have my eye on Tiger Woods, NBA 2k6, and NHL 2k6 as well.

I really wanted to do anything I could to help out my EB manager for doing me the big favor, so at his suggestion I also pre-ordered:

A second Wireless Controller
Play & Charge Kit
Extra Battery

I'll probably ust pick up the first 3 titles mentioned and then see where public sentiment lies on the rest. As is typical, there will be a game that flies in under the radar and gets rave reviews (Lumines, anyone?) and others that get all the hype and disappoint (I agree, Madden has disappointment written all over it).

I'm heading in next week to pay it all off. Fortunately, eBay has helped me build up my slush-fund enough to cover the extras, and my wife was willing to call the $400 on the 360 itself an early X-Mas present.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sport73 wrote:I got the GREAT news yesterday that despite being a little late to Pre-Order, I will be rewarded by my local EBGames manager for being a loyal & frequent customer with an XBox 360 at midnight on launch day!!!
Congrats.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Sport73 wrote:I got the GREAT news yesterday that despite being a little late to Pre-Order, I will be rewarded by my local EBGames manager for being a loyal & frequent customer with an XBox 360 at midnight on launch day!!!
Translation: He blew him! :lol:

Just kidding Sport, that's great news.
I am a patient boy.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hmm I haven't reserved any, do you think the games are going to be in short supply?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

If I am able to pick one up on launch day, Madden and Tiger Woods are the 2 for sure games I'll be picking up.

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

Spooky wrote: I aslo traded in my PSP and my X-Box so that helped.
What's the going rate for an Xbox, anyway? Will you get significantly less after the 360 launch?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm sure the amount of people buying an Xbox after launch will significantly decrease...but I can't imagine they'd give you much less than you'd get right now for the Xbox.

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

You'll get reamed by EB, as they are giving $65 for an Xbox. I got $130 for mine on ebay, packaging it with a wireless controller, a DVD remote and a copy of Madden 06.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

If I happen to snag on at wally world at midnight, I think the bundle has 3 games you can choose:

1. Madden
2. COD 2
3. King Kong

I think I'll pick up Tiger Woods 2006 as well. :)