My XBOX 360 Preorder

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

My XBOX 360 Preorder

Post by Diablo25 »

Got a call from EB today. The rep told me that Microsoft just contacted them and said that they are not gonna make their quota for the 360 launch and that my preorder was pushed to the 2nd shipment of 360's :evil: He said the 2nd shipment could be a few days or even a few weeks later. Son of a...Oh well, what can you do. With all the bad things going on in the US this year I'm not gonna get all huffy over this. Worse things could happen. The guy said there is a chance that they could get some more for launch but its not looking good. Anyone else getting this news? Man, I was looking forward to messing with the new beast over my Thanksgiving break.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

:cry:

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Show your EB who is the boss. Cancel the preorder, get your money back and pick it up at another electronics chain. Tell them you do not reward empty promises.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

I went to EB the first day they started taking preorders and I am 7th on the list. I don't think I'll get one of those calls.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

bdoughty wrote:Show your EB who is the boss. Cancel the preorder, get your money back and pick it up at another electronics chain. Tell them you do not reward empty promises.
Trust me, that thought has crossed my mind.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I've heard they may be diverting shipments to Wal Mart. Then again, I've also heard some EB or GS were taking preorders again.

There are also reportedly pre-release boxes on eBay with bids around $1000 already.

Who knows, it may be a viral marketing effort to generate buzz and demand by making it difficult to obtain.

For those who belong to Delta's SkyMiles program, if you go through skymilesshopping.com, you'll find that target.com gives you 3 miles per dollar spent. It's not clear however whether you can get an X360 from Target's website or you can only get them at the stores.

There's also an American Express promotion for double miles so if you combine the both, you could end up with 2000 miles just for the Premium system.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

bdoughty wrote:Show your EB who is the boss. Cancel the preorder, get your money back and pick it up at another electronics chain. Tell them you do not reward empty promises.
This is exactly what I will do as I was the last person at my local EB to pre-order and I have a bad feeling that I will not be getting one.

I have contemplated cancelling my pre-order anyway as I have very limited time to console game (pretty much been PSP only for the past month except for a few hours for Shadow of the Collosus). If I get the call from EB that will make it an easy decision.

I will eventually get a 360, but I won't get one from EB if they delay my preorder.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

If I do happen to pick one up, I can't see many people where I live going out to Walmart and paying the price for one.

:P

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:If I do happen to pick one up, I can't see many people where I live going out to Walmart and paying the price for one.

That's exactly my plan. I work in the ghetto, so I'll be rolling over to the local target when they open to pick one up.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:If I do happen to pick one up, I can't see many people where I live going out to Walmart and paying the price for one.

That's exactly my plan. I work in the ghetto, so I'll be rolling over to the local target when they open to pick one up.
Watch your back when leaving the store DB :P
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Watch your back when leaving the store DB :P
Yeah no kidding...I've got a couple friends at work who are getting one too, so we'll be rolling like 4 or 5 deep. Hopefully that's enough of a deterrent.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just talked to my local Walmart about their 360 launch and they said they are just gonna be selling them...no preorders. I don't exactly live in a "booming" area so I may roll the dice on the 22nd if things don't change. It can't hurt.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Walmarts were open until after midnight for the PSP launch, so you might just hit it up on the night of the 21st to see that you really get one.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Walmarts were open until after midnight for the PSP launch, so you might just hit it up on the night of the 21st to see that you really get one.
My local Walmart is open 24 hours :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Walmarts were open until after midnight for the PSP launch, so you might just hit it up on the night of the 21st to see that you really get one.
My local Walmart is open 24 hours :)
Yeah there are two within' about 20 miles of me and I'm not sure if they are both open that late, but I am pretty sure I could get a 360 at either the next day...although I may just go the night before, but I doubt it. I'm not that hardcore.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

There is a local Walmart in Boondock, Pennslyvania Doby?

Wow, they really are everywhere! :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:There is a local Walmart in Boondock, Pennslyvania Doby?

Wow, they really are everywhere! :lol:
Very funny California cool guy :) Yeah, we even get mail delivered on a daily basis now :wink: Running water next week!!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

I was at Best Buy tonight and saw signs up in the store saying that they were going to be open from midnight until 2 AM for the 360 launch. Is this the case at all Best Buys? It doesn't really matter to me though, I was one of the first people to preorder at my local EB. :) I must say though, I did have fun getting in line at 4 AM outside of Best Buy for the PS2 launch. The weather was great, the people in line around me were cool, it was just like tailgating (without the alcohol and girls).

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

HipE wrote:The weather was great, the people in line around me were cool, it was just like tailgating (without the alcohol and girls).
Then what was the point of "tailgating" without those two things? Don't say it's like tailgating when it clearly isn't. :lol:

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Well, for some of the guys in line, it was as close to real tailgating as they were ever going to get. I actually witnessed a long discussion about how the Gamecube really shouldn't be called a cube, since the dimensions were going to be 4x4x6.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

HipE wrote:Well, for some of the guys in line, it was as close to real tailgating as they were ever going to get. I actually witnessed a long discussion about how the Gamecube really shouldn't be called a cube, since the dimensions were going to be 4x4x6.
Did you beat them up for being such nerds?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My Walmart's open 24 hours as well, might just have to check it out at midnight... although realistically I'll probably wait to get one.

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

When i preorder i asked if my preorder was for the first shipment at it was. So i better not get a call

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

slyguy wrote:When i preorder i asked if my preorder was for the first shipment at it was. So i better not get a call
Don't be shocked if you do. Many who were told they were first shipment are now "getting the call" due to MS cutting their allotments in half. Many are going from like 50 units to 25. If you were 28th on the list you would be s*** out of luck.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Is there any advantage preordering anything from Eb or Gamestop? I stopped doing that since they pulled that same thing on me for a few consoles in the past.

I think you can pretty much go to bestbuy or walmart and pick one up without worrying about them running out.