OT: Looking to the next generation? Not so fast my friend.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

OT: Looking to the next generation? Not so fast my friend.

Post by ddtrane »

http://www.thejadedgamer.net/features_b ... _ep1.shtml

He has alot of valid points. When I think I can't wait for the next generation, I realize I can.
gamertag: ddtrane65

blueduke
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by blueduke »

You and me both. When I think about shelling out 400 smackers and then restocking my gaming library I realize I can wait until the second generation of games have come out and hardware prices have lowered

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

I think the guy is full of s***.
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

GridIronGhost wrote:I think the guy is full of s***.
Sort of my take also. I'm as jaded as they come and do think games need to be viewed in a critical light, but anybody can play the role of the curmudegeon and crap on everything. If things were as bad as he makes them out then he should stop playing and that would send more of a signal than anything. Also his comments on Nintendo were nonsensical given that they are the one company that doesn't toe the same line as the other two.
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Perfect Dark Zero - If there's ever been a game that didn't need a sequel, this is it. The first Perfect Dark took everything that was great about Goldeneye and ruined it, and the last thing anyone wants is another chance to be reminded that things will never be that good again. Besides, if anyone really wanted to play a Perfect Dark game, they could go to Circuit City and buy some of the remaining unsold copies from when it was released over five years ago. They're like $7 now.

That pretty much sums up the ignorance of the article.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/ ... ect%20dark

Pretty much everyone (press/users) disagree. I loved the game, other then the annoying slowdown in certain areas.

I can just imagine this guy giving prayer at Thanksgiving dinner

Goldeneye is great!
Goldeneye is good!
Let us think Goldneye
for our food,
Amen.
Last edited by bdoughty on Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Yeah, the guy is an idiot who is just trying to stir up the fanboys.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As soon as he wrote that the Xbox isn't a console for hardcore gamers, I knew this story was trash.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

pk500 wrote:As soon as he wrote that the Xbox isn't a console for hardcore gamers, I knew this story was trash.

Take care,
PK
And then threw out this.
They're the people who refer to their system as the "Madden Machine" because that's the only game they ever play.
Yea I can see this guy never stood in line for Madden where 80% of the people standing in line were getting it for the PS2.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

There are a few hardcore Halo fanboys out there, but for the most part, Xbox owners aren't dedicated gamers.
What a jackass. Kinda funny article to read. To know this guy gets paid to comment on the gaming industry is comical :)

Outside of the better graphics, a 10 GB hard drive and an online experience that flat out embarrasses Sony...the XBOX is a pretty much a PS2.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

What I should have said is that he made a valid point about waiting for the next waves of games during the next generation, oh well. PK you're right about him saying that the XBOX isn't for hardcore gamers. I looked right past that nonsense.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Choo-choo! No worries, Trane.

Hope you can game with us again soon on XBL. The first time I ever heard you break out the "Choo-choo!" on XBL was one of the funniest things I've heard on Live. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

What an oaf. It is difficult to take a rant seriously when one's butt cheeks are flapping.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

pk500 wrote:Choo-choo! No worries, Trane.

Hope you can game with us again soon on XBL. The first time I ever heard you break out the "Choo-choo!" on XBL was one of the funniest things I've heard on Live. :)

Take care,
PK
I can't wait for the next opportunity myself.

Games: $50
XBOX Live $50/year
Gaming with DSPals on XBOX Live, Priceless.

Gotta yell "Choo-choo", you can time the frequency of my goals with a Sundial.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I don't agree with the author's MO but I don't know if he's completely wrong.

I am really tired of sports games right now and decided to check out some action adventure titles, a genre I haven't delved much into for at least 4 years. Seeing the amount of recent quality non-sports ps2/xbox games out has got me really questioning if I need to buy a new system this year.

Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, XmenII, MKShaolin are just a few games on ps2 & Xbox that I am really enjoying. Maybe I am desperate to be entertained by gaming again but these action/adventure titles has really given me a new life with videogames with the current generation. If they can still produce quality titles like these for the next year, I don’t need to spend $400-$500 on a new system and a handful of games.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inu:

Your move to action/adventure titles to breathe fresh air into the hobby mirrors my move into arcadish sports titles. I was a hardcore sim guy, but I've had a load of fun playing Burnout 3, Rallisport 2 and SSX 3 in the last month. Very laid back, good for short bursts of pick-up-and-play fun.

Take care,
PK

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ya, I've been really burned out on sim-sports too.

Videogames are supposed to be fun, an escape from reality, but the sim-sports games lately have taken the fun out of gaming for me. I watch enough real sports on tv that I dont really want to play the sim version of them at home.

I think the lack of a killer NFL title this year also has got me in this sim rut. I'll probably come back around but so far I am enjoying my escape into the action-adventure world.