Madden '06 featured on ESPN.com

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden '06 featured on ESPN.com

Post by matthewk »

The NFL section made it their main story. haven't read all the articles on it yet, but this part jumped out at me:

"Theo Moses, 44, will play all day Tuesday. He'll call into work sick, but what he really has is "a bad case of Maddenitis.""

In related news, Mr. Moses' employer has released a statement proclaiming "Mr. Moses will have plenty on time to recover from his illness, as he has been let go from his job". Unless this is a fake name, this was a really dumb move on his part.
-Matt

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I was surprised to look at today's local paper and see Madden's release mentioned on the top part of the front page, touting the story featured on the front of the local section, complete with reaction from Twin Cities Madden-aholics.

EA has orchestrated the release day hype extremely well.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

"He was all smiles, even though he started the line by plopping down in his folding chair a little after 2:30 p.m. on Monday. Nine and a half hours later, 87 more people had joined the queue behind Primus, all of them forced to wait until the stroke of midnight to get their copies of this year's version of the sporting world's most popular video game."

I wouldn't wait that long for a bj.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Madden is no longer a game, it is an event. I bet they could release '07 with literally nothing more than a roster update and new package, and you'd still see lines at midnight.

9 1/2 hours waiting in line to get a game. :roll: It's not like concert tickets where they sell out and you don't get in.
-Matt

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Brando70 wrote:I wouldn't wait that long for a bj.
Well, to be fair Brando not many people would wait 9 1/2 hours for a 30-second activity. Madden does last a year. :lol:
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I wouldn't wait that long for a bj.
Well, to be fair Brando not many people would wait 9 1/2 hours for a 30-second activity. Madden does last a year. :lol:
True, but at least with the bj, I don't have to adjust the sliders to make everything come out all right :D

billharris44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by billharris44 »

ESPN.com has unfortunately turned into an advertising whore for their own business relationships. The freaking Bad News Bears remake was the central story on the front page (and a story about the girl pitcher in the film) for two days. It's like you have to separate out their self-promotion from the actual sports news now.

Kanamit
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kanamit »

But imagine if you could adjust the sliders on a bj...
Xbox Live Gamertag: kanamit

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

billharris44 wrote:ESPN.com has unfortunately turned into an advertising whore for their own business relationships. The freaking Bad News Bears remake was the central story on the front page (and a story about the girl pitcher in the film) for two days. It's like you have to separate out their self-promotion from the actual sports news now.
I am coming very close to removing ESPN.com from my rotation of sites I visit at least daily. Between the whorish advertising and the fact that almost everything I want to read is Insider, it just isn't worth it anymore.