Ok it's almost EPL time again...post your adopted team

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Ok it's almost EPL time again...post your adopted team

Post by tjung0831 »

I'm pumped for the start of the season. Since we have so many EPL fans can we all post our adopted teams again for ribbing throughout the season. English posters please post your home team
I'll start..

Aston Villa
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

I will gladly adopt a team for EPL this year. Can somebody list one of the lower teared teams that nobody here at DSP supports? I like to root for the underdog.

If nobody wants them I will take West Ham United. I never see them mentioned here and I am a big fan of ham. :)
Last edited by bdoughty on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Manchester United.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Newcastle United

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Portsmouth... which reminds me, I've got to update their WE8:I home kits. OKI-dokey!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Fulham...JCalvert and I are alone I think.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I'm pretty much in bd's position.

In baseball, I like a team that has no offense.

Football...team with no defense.

I enjoy the offense more, I've decided. So is there a mid-tier team that is almost all offense?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Blackburn.

When does the season start exactly?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

It'd be cool if you guys said how you came to support your adopted team. I don't have an adopted soccer team yet, but I've been a Philadelphia Flyers fan since 1993 when I saw them on TV in New Zealand where I used to live. They seemed like an exciting, up and coming team with a superstar in the making in Eric Lindros. And I never like to adopt a team that's already a powerhouse.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

ScoopBrady wrote:Blackburn.

August 13th.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

AtXj wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Blackburn.

August 13th.
My wedding day ;) I'll leave the divorce out of it for now.

MY TEAM...
Blue is the color, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

I'm going to stick with the team during our annoying "we bought the world " phase. Can't wait for gritty relegation battle after Abromovich decides his true passion is Cricket. I'm not holding my breath though as football is probably the last sport where a loaded bully can have a major impact.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Dave wrote:I'm pretty much in bd's position.

In baseball, I like a team that has no offense.

Football...team with no defense.

I enjoy the offense more, I've decided. So is there a mid-tier team that is almost all offense?
I'm no EPL expert, but I'd take a long hard look at Middlesbrough if I were you. With, Hasselbaink and now Yakubu, I'm tempted to jump ship and follow them myself.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

bdoughty wrote:I will gladly adopt a team for EPL this year. Can somebody list one of the lower teared teams that nobody here at DSP supports? I like to root for the underdog.

If nobody wants them I will take West Ham United. I never see them mentioned here and I am a big fan of ham. :)
If you are a fan of wet spam you've found your team. All your good players play for Chelsea now though. If you want a team whose players aren't going to jump ship at the first chance of glory go for Millwall or the likes. Limited opportunity means limited chances for disloyalty.

Edit: oops just realized you need a PL team. In that case, WBA has no peer.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Newcastle United, since I started following this beautiful game in the late 1990s.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

TheMightyPuck wrote:
bdoughty wrote:I will gladly adopt a team for EPL this year. Can somebody list one of the lower teared teams that nobody here at DSP supports? I like to root for the underdog.

If you are a fan of wet spam you've found your team. All your good players play for Chelsea now though. If you want a team whose players aren't going to jump ship at the first chance of glory go for Millwall or the likes. Limited opportunity means limited chances for disloyalty.

Yes plus I just realized they just got promoted to the top division. I need more stability and is why I have chosen.

While I no longer eat it, Toffee is a delicious snack. :)

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Man City :D

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

bdoughty wrote:
TheMightyPuck wrote:

Yes plus I just realized they just got promoted to the top division. I need more stability and is why I have chosen.

While I no longer eat it, Toffee is a delicious snack. :)
You have chose wisely. One of my best friends is a fan of Everton. Now you must learn to loathe Liverpool--the team obviously. Learn to loathe them like little girls loathe snakes. Good luck in the PL and the CL.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I've been a fan of Arsenal (1st Premier League game I went to was at Highbury) and I've stuck with them. Also a fan of Leicester City (from the Kasey Keller days), but I'm not sure they'll be seeing the Premiership anytime soon.

My wife is going to England to give a talk in September, and I'm trying to see if I can scrounge up enough money/miles to tag along (which would involve seeing as many matches as humanly possible). I don't think I'll be able to make it...but I can dream.

Brent,

I actually saw West Ham play Leicester City at Upton Park. They had cheerleaders. I think they've renovated the place since I went though.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Wigan.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Tottenham and Manchester City

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

TheMightyPuck wrote:
You have chose wisely. One of my best friends is a fan of Everton. Now you must learn to loathe Liverpool--the team obviously. Learn to loathe them like little girls loathe snakes. Good luck in the PL and the CL.
Well I guess I probably should not have been rooting for Liverpool to win the FA cup then. :oops:

Yet now I know they are my rival. I will treat them as I treat the Longhorns. Are there any other teams that Everton considers a rival?

Jared wrote:
Brent,

I actually saw West Ham play Leicester City at Upton Park. They had cheerleaders. I think they've renovated the place since I went though.
I have never seen cheerleaders at a soccer match. I am guessing that is not the norm? I think with Everton I have a pretty solid team year in and year out. This will be my first year to follow a full EPL season so it is good to have a team to root for.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Man City

And they ain't adopted...they're my very own.

First match attended - City v Ipswich, April 1977

Season ticket holder since 1988

Total number of games attended - somewhere between 600 and 700

Total number of grounds visited in England and Scotland - 55

Total number of trophies lifted - 1, English Championship (old Div 1) trophy, 2002.

Total number of relegations - 5

Total number of promotions - 5

Not for nothing are they the club of choice for the conneusieur of the strange, stupid, incredible, off-the-wall....leading to the epithet 'TYPICAL City' for something which is usually anything but.

Oh, and they are the true Mancunians club of choice, rather than Glazer's Trafford Bay Pirates.

As for Everton, BD, if you like

- unpleasantly racist halfwits as supporters
- horribly poky ground
- perpetual chip on the shoulder
- vastly overrated manager
- depressing long-ball kickers

then you've gone to the right place.

:D
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Insert Machchester City as a new rival. How dare you say such things about my fellow Everton Supporters. :lol:

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

I've been chased through Stanley Pk by the knuckle-dragging neanderthals, and a guy I used to work with with was beaten up outside the ground because he had a semi-cockney accent.

He was trying to get his Everton scarf out from inside his jacket at the time.

Somehow, I don't think he was impressed by the 'oops, sorry mate'.

I must admit though, City and Everton have never got on. They managed to ruin the minute's silence for former City and England manager Joe Mercer in the early 90's, which was just felt to be the sort of behaviour that was expected of them.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Four years ago PK turned me on to CM and I became a footie fan. This is my third year watching the EPL. I became interested by watching Henry and his mates at Arsenal. Looking forward to the season getting started.

Thanks PK!
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]