OT:Smart Phones

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT:Smart Phones

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This thing is an absolute BEAST! The 2014 Moto X isn't a small phone by any means and this N6 dwarfs it. I dig it so far. We'll see if the size gets too unwieldy after a few days of use.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Goddamn that's one HUGE phone. 8O

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Goddamn that's one HUGE phone. 8O
It's almost identical in size to the iPhone 6+...But I contend it fits better in the hand because of the curves. But yes, both are giant.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Got my 2nd OPO on Saturday.

Yeah, I think I'm good for a while. :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Just sold the N6 for 350 more than I paid for it. Damn thing is huge and the ambient display is not even close to as good as the Motorola branded softwar . Back to the Moto X 2014 and OPO.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Anyone know of any good deals on upgrading to the iPhone 6?

I am on ATT and currently have a 16Gb iPhone 4S. I desperately need more space than 16Gb for music.
ATT will only give me $75 in a trade in and then it's $299 for the iPhone 6 (64Gb) plus an additional
$15/month added to my bill. No thanks!

I think I will try selling my phone on Flea-Ba instead (it's like new and unlocked) and then look for a good
deal on an iPhone from other sources than ATT.

Any ideas?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

There's still good demand for iPhone 6 so there's probably no big discounts to be had but maybe they'll offer something for BF.

You can check your 4S tradein value here:

https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us

If you don't want to pay $299 up front, you can look at the AT&T Next plan.

In that case, you pay for the full device in installments over 20, 24 or 30 months (maybe the number of months are different but it's around those numbers).

So what you'd pay up front would be 1/20th the full price of the iPhone 6 64 GB which would be $750/20 for instance. That would be abut $38 for the first month and an additional $38 a month over 20 months.

You can stretch it out over a longer period to reduce those monthly installments.

Or buy an unlocked iPhone and then switch to Straight Talk, which gets you 3 GB for $45 a month plus taxes. But no tethering.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

wco81 wrote:There's still good demand for iPhone 6 so there's probably no big discounts to be had but maybe they'll offer something for BF.

You can check your 4S tradein value here:

https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us

If you don't want to pay $299 up front, you can look at the AT&T Next plan.

In that case, you pay for the full device in installments over 20, 24 or 30 months (maybe the number of months are different but it's around those numbers).

So what you'd pay up front would be 1/20th the full price of the iPhone 6 64 GB which would be $750/20 for instance. That would be abut $38 for the first month and an additional $38 a month over 20 months.

You can stretch it out over a longer period to reduce those monthly installments.

Or buy an unlocked iPhone and then switch to Straight Talk, which gets you 3 GB for $45 a month plus taxes. But no tethering.
Yes I already checked and ATT only gives me $75 in trade in for my iPhone 4s.

Why oh why would I pay full $600 for a phone and pay it in installments? The last option you mentioned sounds intriguing. I'll look into it...thanks.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I only mentioned it because it sounded like you were balking at paying $299 up front.

So the AT&T Next plan would let you get the phone with much less up front but a higher monthly bill.

AT&T markets it as a way to let you choose how often you want to upgrade.

T-Mobile probably has more competitive rates if you get good coverage where you live.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

thanks wco.

stupid question of the day.....
how do I store my iTunes music on the iCloud? I don't see it in any of the settings?
I know they have that iTunes Match program, but I just want to store my iPhone purchased music
on the cloud instead of my iPhone. Is that possible?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I've never used iTunes Match myself or bought any songs on iTunes.

I've bought Apps and books but not music tracks. With the other content, you should be able to redownload to any device with the same iTunes account.

I don't think iTunes offers any streaming though. There's speculation that Apple will offer a streaming service with Beats, since they have some streaming deals with the record companies already.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

just stumbled onto something......

on your iphone...if you already bought an album and have already done a iCloud backup,
then if you just delete all the songs in the album, it will still show up, but will play from the
cloud and you don't need it on your phone's memory. Only thing is, you need to be
connected to WiFi.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

JackB1 wrote:just stumbled onto something......

on your iphone...if you already bought an album and have already done a iCloud backup,
then if you just delete all the songs in the album, it will still show up, but will play from the
cloud and you don't need it on your phone's memory. Only thing is, you need to be
connected to WiFi.
Doesn't Google Music do the same thing?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Doesn't Google Music do the same thing?
Every music service does that allows you to purchase music.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
JackB1 wrote:just stumbled onto something......

connected to WiFi.
Doesn't Google Music do the same thing?
Yes, but I would have to back up all my music to my PC, via iTunes and then
transfer everything over to Google. My music is all on my iPhone/iCloud.

Certainly doable, but I think Google music is more meant for Android users, right?

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Does anyone know the difference between these Galaxy phones? Are they all the same?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/cell- ... ier~AT%26T

is there a difference between 4G LTE and regular 4G?

and what's the Galaxy Alpha 4G?

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Got a Oneplus One invite if someone's interested.

PM me.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Need some advice from the gurus here...I have a buddy who wants to get an unlocked, economical smartphone to use on his Verizon account for a year until his contract is up so he can then get a super duper phone on discount. He is looking to spend no more than $150. Any suggestions? I saw the Nokia 822's are like $95 right now but I don't have any experience with those phones. Thanks ahead of time.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Need some advice from the gurus here...I have a buddy who wants to get an unlocked, economical smartphone to use on his Verizon account for a year until his contract is up so he can then get a super duper phone on discount. He is looking to spend no more than $150. Any suggestions? I saw the Nokia 822's are like $95 right now but I don't have any experience with those phones. Thanks ahead of time.
Better off looking at the used market for something like the original Moto X.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Anyone who might want to pick up a 2014 Moto X...now is the time. Go here: https://mcybermonday-us.appspot.com/

The cyber monday deal is $140 bucks off your custom built Moto X...so essentially you can get a 16gb version for 359.99 WITHOUT a contract. An absolute steal at that price. All you have to do is sign up at the link above and you'll get a code that you can use to get the $140 bucks off. No commitment. If you decide not to use it, no big deal. Sign up if you're even just THINKING about it. You have 2 weeks to use the code if you decide to.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Anyone who might want to pick up a 2014 Moto X...now is the time. Go here: https://mcybermonday-us.appspot.com/

The cyber monday deal is $140 bucks off your custom built Moto X...so essentially you can get a 16gb version for 359.99 WITHOUT a contract. An absolute steal at that price. All you have to do is sign up at the link above and you'll get a code that you can use to get the $140 bucks off. No commitment. If you decide not to use it, no big deal. Sign up if you're even just THINKING about it. You have 2 weeks to use the code if you decide to.

Registered just in case.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Need some advice from the gurus here...I have a buddy who wants to get an unlocked, economical smartphone to use on his Verizon account for a year until his contract is up so he can then get a super duper phone on discount. He is looking to spend no more than $150. Any suggestions? I saw the Nokia 822's are like $95 right now but I don't have any experience with those phones. Thanks ahead of time.
Better off looking at the used market for something like the original Moto X.
Yeah, I mentioned that to him. He's as basic a guy as they come so anything with a touchscreen will do for him. I think he's looking at a Samsung GS3 or something like the Nokia 822...just for the year - then he can get something nice on the 2 year contract discount. Thanks for the response.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I've now got three invites for the OnePlus One if anyone wants one. 64gb Sandstone Black.

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

After a few months of being in iPhone land, I went ahead a picked up an m8 from Verizon yesterday, I feel so far behind with all of the new phones coming out for Android, but so far I am liking it much better than the ip5s that I had, just having to get used to Android again.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Just tossing this up here in case there is anyone interested before I ebay it. I have an HTC M8 (AT&T) for sale, mint condition, charger, box, and includes two cases. The original gray Dot View Case and Coverbot Prime Wallet Case in Orange/Black. Looking to get $350 for everything (that will include shipping).

PM me if interested. Thanks.