Madden Next Commercaial

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden Next Commercaial

Post by Boom »

meh

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Definitely didn't make me want to run out and buy a next gen system at launch. I've got it on TiVo and going back and looking at it again, I can see they still have not improved the blocking animations. On the kickoff return, the blocker and cover guy were just standing in place dancing with each other. Sheesh. Tiburon just doesn't get it, IMO.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Well, the last thing I'm going to bust on Madden about is the Special Teams blocking when it's better than the competition's (2005).

Does it need to be improved, sure it does... but getting returns is possible.

Let's also not forget that I'm sure the highest priority for the commercial is to show the best possible graphics etc.
Last edited by Boom on Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Whatever. I was underwhelmed. What did you think of the electric goal line?

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

GTHobbes wrote:Definitely didn't make me want to run out and buy a next gen system at launch. I've got it on TiVo and going back and looking at it again, I can see they still have not improved the blocking animations. On the kickoff return, the blocker and cover guy were just standing in place dancing with each other. Sheesh. Tiburon just doesn't get it, IMO.
That's not gameplay footage, it's an artists rendition of what gameplay footage will/could look like (EA reps claim it's more than conservative, and that the actual game will look better).

Either way, I wouldn't try to extract anything from it in terms of AI, gameplay etc. since it's not a 'programmed' game.

If anything, I think the 'dark' setting is a mistake. I'd like to see a 'real' game, not one that mimicks the lighting of a local high-school game or "Any Given Sunday".

No doubt, the actual game will be bright and colorful when appropriate. Still, compelling graphics and hints at gameplay features that expand the role of the gamer as 'coach' of the team etc. make me excited about what next gen gaming might bring.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

GTHobbes wrote:Whatever. I was underwhelmed. What did you think of the electric goal line?
The electric goalline is hot!

Kanamit
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kanamit »

So what did the commercial SAY?
Xbox Live Gamertag: kanamit

anchester
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by anchester »

what exact time was the commercial

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

We will see the real deal at E3...Im guessing.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

If you missed it here it is...

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RDA ... RD47EZGIDU

Good quality capture and only 18MB

Another option

http://movies.teamxbox.com/madden_nfl/m ... tgen_1.wmv

b_assassin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by b_assassin »

I wasn't particularly impressed by the commercial either. Until they can show real gameplay, and articulate how said gameplay will be improved in the next gen, I won't pay much attention.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Only thing I got out of it was that the players again look small.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I didn't really pay attention to every detail, but overall I think it does a good job showing what the future holds gaming wise.

Todd

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Wasn't even a completion for a touchdown. 8)

Lowest thing is the ball and when that ball hits the ground first, TO never had possession, so no touchdown. Silly EA.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Schmev wrote:Wasn't even a completion for a touchdown. 8)

Lowest thing is the ball and when that ball hits the ground first, TO never had possession, so no touchdown. Silly EA.
Don't know what video you were watching, but the one I saw was a touchdown. Silly post^^^...

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Midair catch, feet never come down, therefore not a completion. Lowest thing is the ball and unless TO gets the arms down under it(he probably won't considering bad Madden animation), even if he crosses the plane, if the ball touches the ground before a shoulder, an elbow, a knee, or two feet down, it's not a touchdown.

If TO was superman, lept to catch the ball at the 2 yard line, never touched the ground and then flew out of the endzone without touching the ground, it wouldn't be a touchdown either. To have possession, TO has to complete the catch by doing any of the above. He won't. Ball hits the ground first, no touchdown. 8)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

He had posession of the ball when he crossed the goal line. Touchdown. End of story, end of scene.

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Wrong. He has to catch the ball to gain possession. Possession isn't determined until he touches the ground. End of story.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Schmev wrote:Wrong. He has to catch the ball to gain possession. Possession isn't determined until he touches the ground. End of story.
The character had possession of the ball through the plane of the end zone and maintained posession as his elbows hit the ground. Since the FULL ending of the play was not shown, what WAS shown was a touchdown.

Argue with yourself as it seems you are hellbent on creating one for no reason. :roll:

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

LOL, now you are inventing elbows hitting the ground.

Okay, I'll admit I can't see whether elbows hit the ground or not, but looking at the video, it looks like there's no way he gets elbows to hit the ground first. If the ball hits the ground first like the video suggests more than elbows hit the ground, no touchdown.

My work is done here. :twisted:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Schmev wrote: My work is done here. :twisted:
Good.

I didn't "invent" anything. Geezus.....

Elbows hit the ground just before cutting to the endzone celebration plain as day here.