My most anticipated sports event this weekend

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

sf_z wrote:I disagree Fla. The daily grind of the season defines baseball. I love the regular MLB season but think their playoffs are the worst of the big 3-4 sports.

The week off between football games lends itself to too much analysis and foreplay and not enough on-the-field action. With baseball, there's another game tomorrow and another the day after that. There's a continuity there that's lacking in other sports. When's the last time you heard of a football player in a slump?

I'll shut up before I start sounding too much like Bob F*cking Costas.
The "daily" grind of the baseball season makes it boring. Teams can afford to not show up for 30 games a season or more and still be fine to grab a playoff spot. You can't do that in the NFL, you can't do that in college basketball because a bad loss will put you right on the bubble.

Baseball's just too much. Too long of a playoff series, too long of a season, too long of games.

Why love a sport with steroid users and its season and not fall in love with floor burns, pageantry, and the buzzer beaters of March Madness?

What happens if A-Rod hits a walk-off homer during the playoffs? Nothing much, just on to Game 2.