DSP Fantasy Baseball (Which Site?)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Which Fantasy League do you think we should use?

MLB.com (Sporting News) ($100)
71%
Yahoo! Fantasy Sports ($125)
14%
CBS Sportline ($130)
14%

Total votes: 7

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DSP Fantasy Baseball (Which Site?)

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Okay guys...lets let this poll run for a few days so that we can see who prefers what. Vote for the site that you would like our fantasy baseball season to be held.

The cheapest is MLB.com, the one I'm most familiar with is Yahoo! and CBS Sportsline looks to be the most robust. There are pluses and minuses for each. Pick your favorite.

BTW...only three people have paid so far. Lets get the money in so we can get our draft spot secured.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

what about the ESPN site?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

what about the ESPN site?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

You can only join existing leagues...we can't set up our own.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Db,I am still waiting to verify my paypal account. I have to wait for them to deposit some money and then let them know what it was. I will get my money in as soon as that happens.

Thanks bro.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I'm good with whatever the majority wants

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

No problem JD...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sf_z wrote:I had no problems w/ Yahoo last year, other than delays between rookie debuts and them appearing in the player database.

Sportsline didn't support daily player transactions in the past but that's supposedly been changed this year. On the plus side, they track some different categories than the usual 5x5.

No experience whatsoever with MLB.
After playing around with all of the 'trial' versions I've come to the conclusion that there is virtually NO difference between any of them...except for the price. All allow for the daily transaction and you can add/subtract as many categories as you can possibly want. As far as I'm concerned...the cost would be the biggest factor at this point. But if most of you want to go with one of the others, that's fine, it just reduces the total payout to the winner.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah...the draft thing shouldn't be a problem. When I started the league on the Free yahoo site it gave us virtually no options. Nothing on a weekend, nothing after 2pm in the afternoon...nothing. It was ridiculous. That's part of the reason we need to go to a pay site. Whatever site that is pretty much has everything open since it's so early. I'll start another poll so that we can figure out what day and time is best for the majority.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I agree that in general, there's no difference between Fantasy sites. I vote for cheapest.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Hey db, K_Mosley set up a free league with Yahoo and got us a Sunday March 20th 7pm PST draft. Maybe he can help us out with ours and all the money could go the the winners. Just tossing that out there to see if it sticks. :wink:

http://www.digitalsportspage.com/module ... pic&t=7047
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah I saw that...it just wouldn't let me pick any weekends, or any times after 2pm PST. I've done this before so it's not like I'm just 'missing' something on the site.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LOL...cancel that. Now you can pick any day/time. We're doing the free one. Now the prize is just bigger. F'n Yahoo! Seriously two days ago when all this started, there wasn't a single weekend available.

So as of now, we'll just have the draft on Sunday, March 13th at 6:00pm PST. We can change it of course.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

dbdynsty25 wrote:LOL...cancel that. Now you can pick any day/time. We're doing the free one. Now the prize is just bigger. F'n Yahoo! Seriously two days ago when all this started, there wasn't a single weekend available.

So as of now, we'll just have the draft on Sunday, March 13th at 6:00pm PST. We can change it of course.
Outstanding man! We will have a nice payoff. If your late to the draft again this year I'll draft Jones for ya and work out a trade. :wink:

I made out like a bandit with Guillen last year,till he got booted from the team. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I will not miss the draft again this year. I still cannot believe I did that last year. Jones for Guillen was pretty good...but you're right, it all fell apart when dude got suspended.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Thanks for setting this up, DB, sent you the money via PP tonight.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Who is HotSauce! in our league right now? Everyone else I can figure out...

Let's get payments made fellas...pretty much everyone who has signed up so far (except both Jacks) has paid. I assume HotSauce is ILikePie, since he's paid, but I'm not sure.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Can I still get in? I didn;t see a league ID or password in this thread. I can Paypal you the $$$ ASAP, I just want to make sure I can get in.
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Matt,

That's because you never told me your email address. I didn't want to post it on here because then random people can join. I've got a space reserved for you bro.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

DB, You've got a PM and $15 in your Paypal account.
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sent ya the invite Matt...haven't seen the money via paypal yet.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The draft has been changed to Thursday March 10th at 6:30pm PST. I hope everyone is okay with that. Turns out my girl and I are both going to be out of town on that previously scheduled Sunday. If you guys want to suggest a better day and time, let me know. We have to do it quick because the availablity of draft times is shrinking rapidly.