Colin McRae PSP

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Colin McRae PSP

Post by GTHobbes »

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Game looks good.
MLB looks good.

May have to go slap some damn money down on a hand held :(

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

What's up with the PSP making the DS look like a joke.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Well, I wouldn't say "like a joke". Yeah the graphics look a lot better, but overall I think the DS is a nice little piece of gear.

I've played my boy's a little bit and that Metriod demo is sweet. Plus with news of the DS' online plans coming out it appears that if they can make it work it could be pretty sweet.

Either way, I'm starting to get excited about a handheld. That's something that has never happened before.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Slumberland wrote:What's up with the PSP making the DS look like a joke.
They are going in totally different directions. The PSP is trying to recreate the home system's experience on the go, while the DS is trying to create a unique gaming experience that is completely different from what you have on the consoles at home.

The DS's model makes the jobs of the developers a bit more difficult to come up with good original content, but if the games comes through with quality I'd definitely be more inclined to pick up a DS than a PSP (certainly in the minority here though). I've also played the Metroid demo and was pretty impressed. Remarkably immersive for a handheld game, rather than a 'slightly less good' version of a home console game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Damn, that's really impressive footage.

I have no interest in getting a handheld unit because I have no need for one. I don't have a daily commute, I don't travel much anymore for work and when I travel with the family, the last thing I want to do is play video games. Plus I already have a gaming console, so add everything up, and there's zero need for me to have a handheld unit.

But if I was in the market for one, that CMR 2005 footage definitely would sway me toward a PSP. Very impressive.

My only qualm is playing a driving game with a D-pad instead of an analog stick. That's very 1995 in terms of gaming technology -- not cool. In fact, reverting to using a D-pad instead of a stick for damn near any game would really suck, especially for a device that's going to retail for more than a console.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Looks pretty impressive; hope it plays as good.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

I'm really looking forward to CM on the PSP. I can honestly say that the PSP is looking to be my best purchase over the last year. I was playing some of Hot Shots Golf last night and today and was just amazed. The graphics of it and Ridge Racers is pretty good. There is no comparison to the DS. Nintendo just doesn't have my number any more. I showed my wife the PSP and she thought it was most impressive. When I told her about the video, photos, and MP3 capability, she wanted mine. Plus the potential expansion of the unit (web browsing, email, voice chat, etc) makes it an incredible device.

I don't have a commute either, but it is nice to lie in bed while the better half is reading and me gaming away. Beats her being in bed with me in the other room playing.

I've gotten used to the minimal analog stick for Ridge Racers. Not the best, but it is functional and gives me better control than the D-pad.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Dammit F308GTB knock it the hell off. You're gonna make me run out and put the money down.

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

That's pretty impressive.
There's some impressive video footage of Castlevania DS on ign's DS site, too. I always give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. I think the Cube is a GREAT system, very underrated, and will one day be looked upon fondly as an underappreciated console, a la the Dreamcast.
That's not to say that I'm buying a DS. I have a GBA, and that's all I need for plane trips, etc.