World of Warcraft Updates...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
Sudz wrote:lvl 54. Eonar.

anyone getting the expansion?
t

Fighting it...but it's hard. A large part of me would love to get back into WoW. The more rational part of my brain is saying STAY AWAY!

I really loved playing it, but I barely touched my Xbox, books or anything else during that 4 months that I played. That's one reason I would love to see a 360 version. I could play that and still have my friends list handy to force me to come up for air and play something else periodically :)

I know what you mean...While I had the fever I let My Live account expire and left it dead long enough that I lost my old gamertag :cry: ...That game was so incredibly addictive...I even bought this PC so I could better enjoy it...I dont know why anyone would want to put themselves through that ...

I have the Burning Crusade reserved...I will be firing it up sometime wednesday or thursday. heaven help me... :P

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'll have the expansion tomorrow. Going to roll a Draenai Shaman named "Korax" on Windrunner as soon as I can log in and roll. Also have "Maul" set up as my Paladin.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

TCrouch wrote:I'll have the expansion tomorrow. Going to roll a Draenai Shaman named "Korax" on Windrunner as soon as I can log in and roll. Also have "Maul" set up as my Paladin.
So I expect they'll be at level 70 around...noon? :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

As much as I've played Warcraft, I've never had a level 60 toon. I always crap about mid-40's and get bored. I've rolled probably 300 guys and none have made it past 45.

I ended up making the Draenai Shaman this morning and I'll create a Pally, then I'm almost forced to start a Blood Elf something-or-other. The fact that Draenai can be Hunters too makes that tempting...argh.

And Blizzard has the best "intro video" team on Earth, hands down. Every time I see their cinematics I end up wishing that they'd create a feature-length film.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

thoughts so far?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Well, I didn't really post any because all I can post is that "it's still WoW". I don' thave a 60 to check out Outland or anything, so all I've been doing is the same exact thing as WoW has always been, except in a new zone with a new race. The Draenai are very cool, though. It's incredibly overcamped right now for obvious reasons, and waiting on mob spawns is tedious, but after a few levels it will be more of the same with a new, fresh-feeling race. Alliance Shaman rocks, too.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

can my lvl 54 guy go to the new continent?

how does it work..

the damn WoW site is really unclear.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Need to be level 58 to go through the Dark Portal.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

so they put out an expansion that only caters to the high level players, there is no new low level content at all?

WOW is definetly the better game, but when it comes to providing extra content EQ2 beats the crap out of them IMO
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Well, there's a new starting zone and two new races. Playing as a Draenai in an entirely new starting zone caters to VERY low level players, but I'm assuming after level 10 it's over to Darkshore and it's business as usual (the Draenai island sprouts up beneath Teldrassil in the ocean on your map now). I can't say, as I've only played an hour or two...damned work obligations and all. I'll spend some quality time with it tonight.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I just loaded it up...Started a blood elf rogue.

I want to level him a bit before I roll out my two lvl 60s to see whats out there.

I need more time in the day.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:Well, there's a new starting zone and two new races. Playing as a Draenai in an entirely new starting zone caters to VERY low level players, but I'm assuming after level 10 it's over to Darkshore and it's business as usual (the Draenai island sprouts up beneath Teldrassil in the ocean on your map now). I can't say, as I've only played an hour or two...damned work obligations and all. I'll spend some quality time with it tonight.
Man I may pick this up, I never got past level 20 I think because grouping became so necessary and I had a hard time finding groups. But I am itching for something, Gothic 3 sucked hard and NWN2 will be good in about 6 months, the way it came out it was nothing more then a cash grab from Atari.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Well, there's a new starting zone and two new races. Playing as a Draenai in an entirely new starting zone caters to VERY low level players, but I'm assuming after level 10 it's over to Darkshore and it's business as usual (the Draenai island sprouts up beneath Teldrassil in the ocean on your map now). I can't say, as I've only played an hour or two...damned work obligations and all. I'll spend some quality time with it tonight.
Man I may pick this up, I never got past level 20 I think because grouping became so necessary and I had a hard time finding groups. But I am itching for something, Gothic 3 sucked hard and NWN2 will be good in about 6 months, the way it came out it was nothing more then a cash grab from Atari.
I pretty much leveled my 2nd character to 60 on my own so it can be done. Its just harder to do. It did help though that I knew where to go and what to do from the 1st character.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I pretty much leveled my 2nd character to 60 on my own so it can be done. Its just harder to do. It did help though that I knew where to go and what to do from the 1st character.
I got my druid to 60 by soloing 98% of the time. The only time I ever grouped with anyone was long enough to kill someone I couldn't kill on my own.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

same with me...

98% solo...

i have been playing for 2 years and still lvl 54...

i just explore a ton.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

They do a hell of a job of making you feel powerful right out of the gates. The quest rewards on the lowbie quests (at least for the Draenai side) are much better, not to mention cooler looking, than any of the older starter series, and you end up fighting things like this very early on (this is a level 12 mob 8O). The string has my shaman up to a whopping level 14 now, and still having a blast with an entirely new quest string that's part tribal prophecies, part factional espionage, and part all-out NPC war.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I picked this up yesterday, I spent a few hours just re-installing the WOW software itself while my Tivo was re-booting. I never got around to installing the expansion yet. Had a lot of issue getting all the patches to wow.

I though I could install wow, then install the expansion and be good to go. Was not the case, had to install wow and then patch it up which takes some time.

Hopefully the expansion will install tonight without issue.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:I picked this up yesterday, I spent a few hours just re-installing the WOW software itself while my Tivo was re-booting. I never got around to installing the expansion yet. Had a lot of issue getting all the patches to wow.

I though I could install wow, then install the expansion and be good to go. Was not the case, had to install wow and then patch it up which takes some time.

Hopefully the expansion will install tonight without issue.
There have been a million patches/upgrades/talent changes/additions over the last 2 years...

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

what server are most of you on?

my copy is on my doorstep...

awesome PICS!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I don't know what server most people play on, but personally, my brother and I are playing on Windrunner. I tried PvP and RPPvP servers, but I got tired of getting ganked repeatedly, so I went back to ol' faithful Windrunner and then I can /pvp flag myself if I want to do it later.

For now I'm usually on Korax (Draenai Shaman), Ghost (Night Elf Hunter), or Lancelot (Human Paladin).

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:I don't know what server most people play on, but personally, my brother and I are playing on Windrunner. I tried PvP and RPPvP servers, but I got tired of getting ganked repeatedly, so I went back to ol' faithful Windrunner and then I can /pvp flag myself if I want to do it later.

For now I'm usually on Korax (Draenai Shaman), Ghost (Night Elf Hunter), or Lancelot (Human Paladin).
Im on Raxxnor? also a PVE(PVP does get on the nerves) server with all 5 of my characters...but I think Ill load up a Dreani something or other on good ole Windrunner soon...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:There have been a million patches/upgrades/talent changes/additions over the last 2 years...
I'm sure there have been, my point is that you would thinkg the EXPANSION would apply all those during it's install. Not that you would have to instal original, patch fully, then install expansion.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The Draenai kick ass.

Thank you.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
XXXIV wrote:There have been a million patches/upgrades/talent changes/additions over the last 2 years...
I'm sure there have been, my point is that you would thinkg the EXPANSION would apply all those during it's install. Not that you would have to instal original, patch fully, then install expansion.
Its a good point...I wasnt expecting My install to take a long time either...I had to install quite a few very recent pre expansions patches before the game would play.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I picked it up - will install later this evening after the dawgs play ourkansas.