Finally got GR2.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Finally got GR2.

Post by bkrich83 »

Just got GR2 from Gamefly. Is the single player mode worth playing. Any tiips from anyone??
-BK

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Finally got GR2.

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bkrich83 wrote:Any tiips from anyone??
Don't bail on ESPN NFL leagues.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Most have found it entertaining, but it doesn't do much for me. It's _very _ different from the first GR, and is very similar to SOCOM. YMMV, of course, but be prepared for a different experience if you played the first.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Finally got GR2.

Post by bkrich83 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
bkrich83 wrote:Any tiips from anyone??
Don't bail on ESPN NFL leagues.
I am back and in the swing of things.
-BK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BK:

Single player is solid and pretty challenging, even at the Normal difficulty level.

But this game explodes -- literally and figuratively -- to life on Xbox Live. Join us at an upcoming Poker Night, and you'll see the game at its best and me at my altered worst. :)

Glad you're back in the swing, man. Hope everything is OK.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:BK:

Single player is solid and pretty challenging, even at the Normal difficulty level.

But this game explodes -- literally and figuratively -- to life on Xbox Live. Join us at an upcoming Poker Night, and you'll see the game at its best and me at my altered worst. :)

Glad you're back in the swing, man. Hope everything is OK.

Take care,
PK
I agree with PK. I would go thru the training mode fully (takes about 20 minutes) so you know how to use everything.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

The single player is OK; it is not what GR used to be, but it's not bad. Dealing with your squad-mates can be frustrating as they tend not to behave with much regard for their own safety- they seem pretty unaware of cover etc. But when I got to the first 'lone wolf' mission, where you are on your own with the fancy futuristic camera-equipped M29, that's when the game made sense. I would suggest struggling through at least until that mission, because that mission is very much worth the price of admission.

For co-op play online, I find mission mode to be head and shoulders above the other modes, and so some familiarty with the missions from offline play helps. But it's not by any stretch necessary. But squad, or team play online is the most fun for me, when I'm with people who tolerate my incompetence. That is, I don't generally join random games online, but stick to sessions with the good crowd from DSP.

Diablo, I see you online in this game all the time, and sometimes you are joinable. What are you doing out there? I wish all games were like Halo2, where I could see who else is in the room and what game-mode they are in and for how long etc. etc. I don't want to jump into some well balanced squad play and screw it up.