ESPN Baseball 2K5 Site is Up

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

ESPN Baseball 2K5 Site is Up

Post by Jason »

ESPN Videogames has launched the ESPN Baseball 2K5 web site. So far they have only posted two new screenshots (Tim Hudson in a Braves uniform) with the promise of more added daily.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/mlb2k5/
www.SportsGamingNation.com

brendanrfoley
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by brendanrfoley »

This has nothing to do with the on field product, which IS most important.

But... man, this games takes some UGLY screenshots.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Compared to last years that's gorgeous.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

I just wish one of these games would release some actual gameplay footage. All I want to see is a pitch thrown, a ball hit and then fielded, all within the game engine using the default gameplay view. I really don't think that I'm asking for too much.
www.SportsGamingNation.com

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

The glove on that new picture of Mulder looks ridiculous, it's so huge. I remember that being a complaint in the forums at least 2 years ago...you would think that they could get something as simple as glove size right by now.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

GTHobbes wrote:The glove on that new picture of Mulder looks ridiculous, it's so huge. I remember that being a complaint in the forums at least 2 years ago...you would think that they could get something as simple as glove size right by now.
Don't worry, that screenshot is from the mini-game where you catch prairie dogs launched from a cannon. The gloves will look right in normal play.

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Slumberland wrote:
GTHobbes wrote:The glove on that new picture of Mulder looks ridiculous, it's so huge. I remember that being a complaint in the forums at least 2 years ago...you would think that they could get something as simple as glove size right by now.
Don't worry, that screenshot is from the mini-game where you catch prairie dogs launched from a cannon. The gloves will look right in normal play.
Hmmm... baseball is the only game that hasn't taken that "mini-game" step yet... perhaps MVP will have a CF running around in the outfield after fly balls launched from a cannon, like the DB drills in Madden.... hell, now that I think about it I'd be happy if every game gave us the batting cage back.
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Kazuya wrote:
Slumberland wrote:
Hmmm... baseball is the only game that hasn't taken that "mini-game" step yet... perhaps MVP will have a CF running around in the outfield after fly balls launched from a cannon, like the DB drills in Madden.... hell, now that I think about it I'd be happy if every game gave us the batting cage back.
Sure there was...it was called Triple Play :roll:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: ESPN Baseball 2K5 Site is Up

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Jason wrote:ESPN Videogames has launched the ESPN Baseball 2K5 web site. So far they have only posted two new screenshots (Tim Hudson in a Braves uniform) with the promise of more added daily.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/mlb2k5/
Man...who painted the braves unis with the bright blue rather than the navy...nice art deptartment. ESPN is the ugliest baseball game on the market without a doubt...even worse than High Heat. What's with Hudsons glove too...yuck.

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

ESPN is the ugliest baseball game on the market without a doubt...even worse than High Heat. What's with Hudsons glove too...yuck.
8O :roll:
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

reeche wrote:
ESPN is the ugliest baseball game on the market without a doubt...even worse than High Heat. What's with Hudsons glove too...yuck.
Wow 300+ posts and that might just be your most entertaining. Not just one emoticon, but two emoticons. Topping the last few posts you have had here with only one emoticon. You have a gift reeche and you choose to share it with us. We are truly blessed.
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

bdoughty wrote:
reeche wrote:
Wow 300+ posts and that might just be your most entertaining. Not just one emoticon, but two emoticons. Topping the last few posts you have had here with only one emoticon. You have a gift reeche and you choose to share it with us. We are truly blessed.
Double 8O :roll:
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

when did timmy hudson get a borje salming-esque scar?

blueduke
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by blueduke »

Jason wrote:I just wish one of these games would release some actual gameplay footage. All I want to see is a pitch thrown, a ball hit and then fielded, all within the game engine using the default gameplay view. I really don't think that I'm asking for too much.
Me too. All the trailers from all the sports games always seem to show upclose footage of games and never from the camera angle anyone would play. The new MVP 2005 trailer is a prime example. Screenshots are always the same way

fightingcamel
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by fightingcamel »

They STILL don't have the correct color blue for Atlanta! Why is that so hard to get right!

:x :evil: :wink:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

dbdynsty25 wrote: ESPN is the ugliest baseball game on the market without a doubt...even worse than High Heat.
I'm no fan of ESPN's baseball game, but this may be the overstatement of 2004.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

GTHobbes wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote: ESPN is the ugliest baseball game on the market without a doubt...even worse than High Heat.
Its not as bad as HH's graphics were but its definately not a pretty game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

GTHobbes wrote:
Guess you never watched one of those zombies swing a bat.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
GTHobbes wrote:
Unfortunately, I have...for a couple of years now. (Still wish they would've never taken the game away from WoW. Those guys knew graphics.) But it's still not as ugly as HH, which was in a category of its own when it came to ugliness.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

GTHobbes wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
GTHobbes wrote: I'm no fan of ESPN's baseball game, but this may be the overstatement of 2004.
Unfortunately, I have...for a couple of years now. (Still wish they would've never taken the game away from WoW. Those guys knew graphics.) But it's still not as ugly as HH, which was in a category of its own when it came to ugliness.
I gotta go with db on this one. Baseball bats that look better suited for whiffle ball and gloves that belong on Jai-Alai players. :roll:
db already covered the the ugly swings :lol:

If you can't get those basics right after 3 years? You really are taking baseball fans for granted. HH had a hell of a lot better looking swings IMO. I guess MLB has spoiled me on how a baseball games should look and play. :wink:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]