New MVP Baseball 2005 Trailer

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

New MVP Baseball 2005 Trailer

Post by Jason »

GameTrailers.com has posted a new trailer for MVP baseball 2005:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4350&type=wmv
www.SportsGamingNation.com

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Thanks!

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I like the sepia tone - appropriate for 'old time' games.

I just hope I can like the game this year. Maybe this year I can get used to the pitching interface. Personally, I would rather call the pitch and let the pitcher's ability take over.

But I love the bells and whistles. I just hope they made the gameplay deeper as well. The thing about baseball is that I think the more animations, the more possible outcomes to a play - the better. Otherwise you can get bored over the course of a 162 game season. The thing that keeps a 'real' baseball game exciting is the idea that you may see something in the game that you never saw before.

To me, the best thing about this game was the ability to play minor league games. That was a great option and an innovation that I have to applaud. I hope that the interface is a little less clunky. The problem with baseball is that there is so much information that you need at you finger tips to play the game. How fast is this batter? What kind of pitcher is this and what kind of pitch can I expect? Should I play this batter to pull the ball? The options are endless, and there were some questions that I could not find the answer to during a game. I expect that EA did some fine tuning in this department.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

In an EA Sports interview on IGN (http://sports.ign.com/articles/575/575077p1.html), the producer of MVP 2005 stated that they were able to speed alot of time on tweaking the gameplay because the game engine had such a solid foundation.

He also stated that they had a three-year cycle for MVP and from personal experience, EA has a tendency to get things right the 3rd time around. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad but at least it's consistent.
www.SportsGamingNation.com

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

i really liked last years game but it was jus a few things that got to me, too many foul balls, not enough walks etc. i just hope they got the gameplay chemistry down, one thing i would love to see is a blown call and the manager runs out to kick some dirt at the call, that has not happened since the days of Earl Weaver (also from EA) Do we honestly need a gimick every year to buy a game, i don't give a rats nose just make a great game. my fingers are crossed..........but i will get MVP for the pc after last years lefty glitch, and for consoles 989 i think have made themselves a gem with mbl 2006