EA Purchases rights to secular Christmas!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

EA Purchases rights to secular Christmas!

Post by kevinpars »

Late yesterday, Electronic Arts closed a deal with Santa Clause Inc. that gives them the exclusive rights to all things Christmas (secular). This deal includes the Reindeer Sleighing Association as well. Which means that all future games made by companies other than EA cannot use the real names of the reindeer - Rudolph , Dasher, Prancer, etc. Also, the 'North Pole', the 'Island of Misfit Toys' the elves? Rights All owned by EA.

I don't know about any of you, but a Christmas game without Hermie the dentist wannabe elf is not a game I would want to play. There is some thought that Sega/ESPN would simply buy the rights to Yukon Cornelius, add a new character named "Yonnie the Yeti" and make their own game and set it: "somewhere in the artic" but I can't see it selling a lot of copies.

The only comment out of EA came from EA spokesman Jeff Brown who noted that: "Bumbles bounce. And starting next winter, he will only bounce for EA - available at your favorite gaming store for $49.99."

Evidently the current plan is to code Christmas for the PS2 and then port it over to the Xbox and Gamecube. There is also talk of using fewer than 10 reindeer on Santa's sleigh because of stuttering and slowdown issues on the Xbox.

Sources indicate that EA is currently meeting with Pope John Paul II in Rome and hopes to own the exclusive rights to all the 3 Wise Men soon. Word on the street is that when the polygonal smoke rises from the chimney at the Vatican, we will know that the deal has been completed.

This changes everything....

BTW, a safe and happy holiday season to everyone out there - no matter which candidate you voted for or which games or console you prefer. And Merry Christmas, Parker, we all know you are lurking out there.

Hope everyone is happy and safe and has a great new year. If you are travelling, take care.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Lurking Parker. I know your an atheist so Happy Kawnza!! :lol:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Merry Christmas to all from the token Jew on this forum.

By the way, thanks for shutting down all the stores Christmas Day! :twisted: Just kidding. It's a tradition we all head out for Chinese food.