World of Warcraft

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

I've gotten to level 13 doing everything solo
Another GREAT aspect of WoW! While I love to group in MMO's, I hate the fact that many such as FFXI forced you to be in a good group to accomplish anything. Nothing would chap my ass more than all of the downtime trying to find a group. Getting 3 or 4 people, looking for more, all of a sudden somebody has to log, etc etc etc.

In WoW you aren't forced into grouping. If you want to run quests on your own you have the choice and ability to do so.

I agree with all of the praise this game is getting here. While I'm not the most experienced MMO player, I did play DAoC (a game that actually I do love), EQoA, and FFXI.

This is takes everything good from the 3 I've playd and added to it.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Today's patch brought out the Christmas themes. Christmas lights everywhere and people throwing snowballs at everyone. Really neat.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Ok, got this game for xmas and love it. Just gave it a go which lasted 3 hours because I couldnt stop playing. It's fricken seamless, like playing single-player but you are online and with all that it brings too. No lag at all....zero!

The graphics are beautiful man and you can get questing very quickly, i'm playing as one of the Un-Dead. The game is just so smooth and polished, I would also love to see a single player game made off of this same engine and gameplay. The game is definitely worth the $15.00 a month to play, so much to do and see yet. Blizzard hit a homerun with this one, best RPG i've played yet, I know this already only after 3 hours. Can't say enough about this one, if you are on the fence...get off and go buy this one!!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Son of a...I may have to try this baby. A good bud of mine is raving about this game. He's a big FPS and he loves Half Life 2...funny thing is he hasn't had the time to finish HL2 because of WoW. He's as picky as they come when it comes to games too. The amount of time this game requires scares me though.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I also picked this up a few days ago and it is incredible.

I am a level 7 hunter playing on Windrunner.

The graphics are so immersive. Just wandering around the landscape and finding new areas to explore is tons if fun.

Hopefully I can join up with you guys on a quest, something I haven't experienced yet.

I have been yearning for a game like this, giving me a world to explore, but without all the hokey RPG, WOW had delivered that and more.

Doby, pick it up!

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Pigpen... what is your character on Windrunner?

I've got "CinLyn", a female L11 Rogue and just started with "Rognar", a horde Hunter. (only L2 so far)

Let's hook up for some questing boys.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Wait for me...mine's on its way !
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Additction...my name is WOW.

My wife got me a whole bunch of games for Xmas and when the kids went down for their morning nap yesterday. She said "Don't you want to try any of your new games"

I said "Nope, I've got a steel box full of silver to find to get this kick ass axe" She just shook her head.

:D

Although we did play Karoke Revolution (Xbox) later in the day. Finally found a game she can beat me at.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

That's it, I'm getting in! Picking it up this afternoon...
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

James, my character is.............pigpen........how is that for variety?

I'll look up your character.

I am now up to level 10 and finally have the ability to tame a pet.

Now back to WOW

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Guys, I'm on windrunner with Tcrouch, Mgo, injun, and others from OS. My alliance Elf is named Thand. My Horde mage is name Suwee. Been playing horde mostly these last 2 weeks. We all need to meet up sometime.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

injunwal
Mario Mendoza

Post by injunwal »

I have 2 characters that I have been playing with on Windrunner

Alliance - lvl 11 Gnome\Warrior named Monolith
Horde - lvl 18 Tauren\Druid named Himsa

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

Boom wrote:
I've gotten to level 13 doing everything solo
Another GREAT aspect of WoW! While I love to group in MMO's, I hate the fact that many such as FFXI forced you to be in a good group to accomplish anything. Nothing would chap my ass more than all of the downtime trying to find a group. Getting 3 or 4 people, looking for more, all of a sudden somebody has to log, etc etc etc.

In WoW you aren't forced into grouping. If you want to run quests on your own you have the choice and ability to do so.

I agree with all of the praise this game is getting here. While I'm not the most experienced MMO player, I did play DAoC (a game that actually I do love), EQoA, and FFXI.

This is takes everything good from the 3 I've playd and added to it.
Well, I wouldn't try and take on Van Cleef alone :) As a mage, I really like to be in a group for most quests and it is essential for instances. Otherwise, I agree. There is always something you can do solo.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

TMP,
Oh, I agree whole heartedly. Being a lvl 20 Paly I still can't even imagine trying to go into Deadmines solo. I do like that it requires you to group for Elite Monsters or Instances, but unlike FFXI or even DAoC to an extent, it doesn't force you to group at all times if you want to earn XP.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Even after all the good word here, I was holding out on this game because as much as I liked City of Heroes, I burned out of that one in only a few months.

When poking around the EB's with recently received holiday gift cards, however, I quickly discovered that even if I wanted the game, it was no where to be found. In NJ, the land of malls, I can't tell you the last time I've seen a game so unavailable.

So, naturally, then, I just had to get it. After three days, I finally grabbed up a copy.

Windrunner still the place to be?

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I installed last night, but it took so long that I didn't even have time to create a character LOL

I'll almost certainly be on tonight with a newbie to beat all newbies...

And like Web said, Windrunner still the server of choice? It appears that there are, on balance, more DSPers playing alliance than Horde, right?

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Everybody from OS is still on Windrunner, but apparently some East Coasters are having issues with lag. I just happened to choose Windrunner when I signed on on launch day, and everybody who knew me just sort of followed suit. I know almost everybody is on Windrunner, but the talk lately is if people want to change servers.

Me, I can't...my wife is hooked on her druid and hates restarting, so I'm stuck as an Alliance player on Windrunner forever.

Lately I've been on as Werewolf, Predator, Lancelot, or Kain a lot.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I'm very much a newb when it comes to MMORPGs in general (more of a text-based MUD guy actually ;) ), but are there enough DPS'ers around to set up a guild or whatever? The Gamers With Jobs guys have one, and it seems to be a great feature.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Eventually it pays off to play with friends. I am on Centaurion circle, if everyone is going to Windrunner I will make an Alt player there.

Don't get me wrong I can still solo and I'm still having a blast. But the instanced Elite quests need groups and I am having no luck with the pickup and play groups.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I'm still on Windrunner. CinLyn is my main character. Hung a bit with pigpen the other night and that was fun.

I'm an east coaster, and lag has not been an issue for me yet.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

yeah, I am on windrunner as well....level 15 Dwarf Hunter named pPigpen.

I would love to hook up with you guys, I am in the Loch Modan area and some quests are to tough for me to handle alone.

I took a dive off of the Loch Dam last night. The dam is between Loch Modan and the Wetlands.

I snapped a few screenshots, what a thing of beauty. The most beautiful visuals I have ever had in a video game.

I'll post them here if I figure out how.

I'll stay out of the Wetlands for now, 2 bites froma Croc there and I was a goner.

This is easily the greatest non-sports game I have ever played. My wife thought I was playing in Lord of the Rings realm just from looking at the visuals.....

James and I had fun the other night, he led me to the Valley of Kings after I spent many many hours playing only in Ironforge region...I was in awe..

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

webdanzer wrote:Even after all the good word here, I was holding out on this game because as much as I liked City of Heroes, I burned out of that one in only a few months.

When poking around the EB's with recently received holiday gift cards, however, I quickly discovered that even if I wanted the game, it was no where to be found. In NJ, the land of malls, I can't tell you the last time I've seen a game so unavailable.

So, naturally, then, I just had to get it. After three days, I finally grabbed up a copy.

Windrunner still the place to be?
Keep in mind, Windrunner is a west coast server and the game attempts to match you up with a server in your part of the country. I got the game the day it came out and my suggested server was Zul'jin, which happens to be in Herndon, Va, not far from where I live. I have never had lag on Zul'jin and always maintain a ping around 30 or lower.

So, if I were on the east coast, I'd suggest you take a server on the east coast and vice versa with the west coast. I'd love to play with some of you, but I'm almost level 30 and I have far too much time invested to change servers and start over. But if any of you east coasters decide on Zul'jin, I will be there as Badgun.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

I am part of the UnDead (Warrior, level 8) right now and this game is going to ruin me. Can't remember what server i'm on right now but it runs smooth as glass. I'm off right now for a 2-3 hour session, I can honestly see myself playing this for a long time.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

This game owns me and I hate these sorts of games. Arghhh. In any case I'm on Daggerspine. My friends an I decided to go low pop pvp so we can level in relative peace but still have some danger and get involved in some nice battles. This game rocks with SKYPE. Me and two friends get on a few times a week and voice contact is a real advantage. My chars name is Denis and I'm a Gnome Mage, Level 26. Think I'm going to waste this evening on this game.