OT: Wow...Halo 2 Related

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Wow...Halo 2 Related

Post by Diablo25 »

I just read a preview of Bungie.net's new XBL/Halo2 website (launching 11/9) that blew me away. The amount of things you are going to be able to do with Halo 2 and Bungie.net are flat out impressive. Give the article a read...you won't be disappointed. The depth of detail is....well, just read the article. :)

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/563/563920p1.html
Last edited by Diablo25 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hell, maybe I will stand in line at midnight. Nah, I'm not that sick, am I?

Maybe so ...

Out,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I only ever stood in line at midnight for one video game related purchase...the launch of the Dreamcast. It was actually pretty fun. I got NFL2K with it. Fun night.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

If you've got some time to kill and really want to be hyped up for the release of Halo 2 then you should go to this site and listen to all twelve chapters:

http://www.ilovebees.com/humptydumpty.html

What starts out as several interesting but odd stories end up tying into the beginning of Halo 2 very well. There is probably a few hours of audio there but it's good stuff.

mixdj1

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

pk500 wrote:Hell, maybe I will stand in line at midnight. Nah, I'm not that sick, am I?

Maybe so ...

Out,
PK
You work from home dude. Get in line, I will for some reason...lol

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Nah, I'm not getting in line. I get in line at midnight, get home around 1:30 a.m., and then what?

Go to bed, as I have to get up with two small kids and be at work by 8:30 a.m. in the morning.

I'll just go at lunch Tuesday.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I am waiting till Tuesday also, although I have it preordered at the GC across the street......hmmm...maybe.....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just beat the original Halo for the first time! I forgot that I lost my save file 3 years ago and that I never got thru the last level. I thought I beat it 3 years ago but the last level was definately new to me. I had to finish the game before Halo 2 so I started a new campaign a few weeks ago. Man, AWESOME! Now I'm definately ready for the sequel. After reading about Bungie.net's stats, etc. I'm more anxious than ever. Bring it on!

Pigpen, GR2 on the 17th - :)

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

pk500 wrote:Hell, maybe I will stand in line at midnight. Nah, I'm not that sick, am I?

Maybe so ...

Out,
PK
Well, I'll be picking mine up Monday night, but I doubt I'll be standing in any line. Here in Smalltown, USA, I doubt that there will be more than a handful of people there. I could be wrong, however.

But I'll be picking mine up Monday night for two reasons. One, because I can, and two, because I won't have to fool with the masses on Tuesday morning.

At the end of the day, it's nothing more than another shooter. I predict I will suck horribly online as I do in all shooters, and the single player will not be able to hold my attention with all the other great games that I'm already playing.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game, but this has got to be the most overhyped game in the history of mankind.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

The last 6 minutes of Halo is the greatest 6 minutes in a video game ever IMO, I was sweating.

Between Halo 2 and GR 2, we are in for a treat.

We need a DSP Poker night for Halo 2 and GR 2.

Xmas braek from the 19th till the 3rd of January, lots of late night coming soon on the XBOX.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I'll be a midnight launcher. My buddy is a Gamestop manager, so I'll be able to get my copy before the big crowd. Plus, they are having pizza, and a talented Halo player, where if you can beat him, you will receive a $25 gamestop gift card.

Unfortunately, my Halo2 excitement has been somewhat dimmed with the passing of my father-in-law on Friday. His funeral will be on the 9th.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Condolences on your father-in-law, Ace. All the best and prayers to you and your family.

Take care,
PK

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Probably won't do a midnight thing. I have it pre-ordered at Future shop, so I can get it Tuesday morning. But the TRU (and maybe best buy) right beside my house (2 minute walk) is opening up to sell it at midnight. If I'm awake (doubt it) then I might head over.

Of course, if I do this, I'll just come home, play it for 10 minutes, then go to bed... my days start too early to stay up too late.