This is a game that is..I have no words

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

This is a game that is..I have no words

Post by Danimal »

Follow this link and tell me if you think this is a good idea.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56812
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Those people should be buried in the backyard next to the dogs.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Interesting to say the least.

My immediate reaction is that the Hiroshima and 9/11 scenarios aren't in very good taste. Not sure why I feel this way although perhaps the proximity (in time) of the latter and the sheer horror of the former (well actually both these events) make me feel like they aren't really appropriate for a game.

Best wishes,

Doug

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pretty f*cking crass. But then again, anyone who has been the victim of a drive-by shooting or experienced a loved one die that way probably thinks the same of the Grand Theft Auto series. I guess the difference is that this game re-creates actual events in history, not just some nebulous crime.

The company has a right to make the game, and I have a right to ignore it.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I don't know...I mean, we play games all the time of scenarios in which thousands of Americans have died.

Not sure if it is the bast taste and I am pretty sure it will not be a very popular game, but is it toally innapropriate...not really.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Spooky wrote:I don't know...I mean, we play games all the time of scenarios in which thousands of Americans have died.

Not sure if it is the bast taste and I am pretty sure it will not be a very popular game, but is it toally innapropriate...not really.
I agree 100%. With all war games based on actual wars, how could be offended? PK even has a good point regarding GTA and victims of a real drive by shooting. Or all the prostitutes that you took into back seat of the car in the game then bashed their head in with a wooden bat just to get your money back. Prostitutes have feelings too.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

The difference is that this game is about the death of thousands of innocent civilians and war games are generally about killing "combatants". GTA was more cartoonish and not to be taken seriously. What I think makes this game in poor taste is the fact that they will ultimately be trying to make money off of the suffering of others. It's exploitation at its worst.

Can't say i'm not intrigued by the game. The screenshots look quite nice from an artisitic/graphical standpoint. I don't mind natural disaster scenarios, those might be fun. But a game about "surviving" 9/11 and Hiroshima is definately in bad taste. How do you survive Hiroshima anyway?

EDIT: and call me crazy, but i wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a hoax
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

LAking wrote:How do you survive Hiroshima anyway?
Maybe it's a suped-up version of "Missle Command"... :wink:
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X