DSP Blog League Version 2.0 Ready To Go!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

db,
I sent you a pm from the league site about playing tonight at 11 PM. I was playing a game of Madden and when I finished, you were playing hockey. I played another game of Madden and when I came out you were playing Colin McRae 05.

Sometime Wednesday? I should be home all day.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Danimal wrote:I have deleted this message, as I rememebered not to take these things up in public.
You got sacked nine times? 8O

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

spooky157 wrote:
Danimal wrote:I have deleted this message, as I rememebered not to take these things up in public.
That was the first thing I noticed...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

spooky157 wrote:
That's what happens when you manually move the DT between the Guard and the Center. It frees up your LB and DE to come in and sack the QB because the OL AI can't adjust.

In all fairness 3 of those sacks were my fault. So only 6 were gotten by the above method.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Badgun wrote:Sometime Wednesday? I should be home all day.
6pm PST sound good? I gotta work during the day. I didn't see your PM till 8:20 and I was on at 9pm (which is what I responded with) and you weren't around. It's all good. I'm home from 6pm PST on so just pick a time and I'm there.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Badgun wrote:Sometime Wednesday? I should be home all day.
6pm PST sound good? I gotta work during the day. I didn't see your PM till 8:20 and I was on at 9pm (which is what I responded with) and you weren't around. It's all good. I'm home from 6pm PST on so just pick a time and I'm there.
Let's shoot for 11 PM Eastern, I've got a few things on tv I want to see tonight. Cool?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

8pm PST, 11 EST it is.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Friendly reminder Bill...1045pm EST tonight.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

What's the cutoff for the games tonight? Todays the deadline right?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
spooky157 wrote:
That's what happens when you manually move the DT between the Guard and the Center. It frees up your LB and DE to come in and sack the QB because the OL AI can't adjust.

In all fairness 3 of those sacks were my fault. So only 6 were gotten by the above method.
I say we adopt a quasi Pro Bowl style pass rush.....
We keep blitzing but make the lineman stay in their pre determined spot.
Am I crazy???
Dont answer that.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:What's the cutoff for the games tonight? Todays the deadline right?
I thought we had until Oct 10 this week. Spooky 157 and I need one more night to replay our game.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:What's the cutoff for the games tonight? Todays the deadline right?
I thought we had until Oct 10 this week. Spooky 157 and I need one more night to replay our game.
If tonight is the deadline I'll play tonight, Brando.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I wish there was a place to see the cutoff date. Guess not.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:
spooky157 wrote: You got sacked nine times? 8O

I say we adopt a quasi Pro Bowl style pass rush.....
We keep blitzing but make the lineman stay in their pre determined spot.
Am I crazy???
Dont answer that.
Well I look at it this way. If you have to move a lineman out of his spot or speed burst with a linebacker from the corner to get a sack, then it's cheese.

I don't touch my linemen, but I usually control the right defensive end.

Like I said after my first game. If I feel someone is cheesing me, then I'll quit in the blink of an eye. Life is too short to be dealing with that crap.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Badgun wrote:...or speed burst with a linebacker from the corner to get a sack, then it's cheese.
Even if it's a designed LB blitz? If so that's just lame. If not, how do you know the difference between a designed and a random rush?

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I refuse to play as a defensive lineman on defense. It's entirely too easy to get to the QB in this game. Whether it be by powering up and using a swim move, or using the DT glitch that was displayed during Danimal's game.

If someone were to use a DL against me...I'll elect to drop back three steps with my QB and get rid of it. Quick slants and outs, all day.

As for rushing the QB with a LB, it's pretty obvious when someone is abusing it. I always elect to play as the MLB. On occasion, I'll pick a blitz that calls for the MLB to rush the QB...so I rush the QB. That's not cheese.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Sully wrote:I refuse to play as a defensive lineman on defense. It's entirely too easy to get to the QB in this game. Whether it be by powering up and using a swim move, or using the DT glitch that was displayed during Danimal's game.

If someone were to use a DL against me...I'll elect to drop back three steps with my QB and get rid of it. Quick slants and outs, all day.

As for rushing the QB with a LB, it's pretty obvious when someone is abusing it. I always elect to play as the MLB. On occasion, I'll pick a blitz that calls for the MLB to rush the QB...so I rush the QB. That's not cheese.
I'll 2x check but I thought the deadline was the 10th...

Moving a LB around manually to get into blitz position is NOT cheese.

Doing a DL shift and rushing with the DE is NOT cheese. If a defense shifts its DL to the left..audible to a play that exploits that.

Manually moving the DT in between the center and guard and straight rushing, in this game, is cheese. Major cheese.

Manually moving the DE 5 yards away from, the OT and speed rushing, is, in fact, cheese-tastic.

Sully I'll be there; might be closer to 11. man I'm so out of practice in this game, I havent played since the game wth Laurenskye.

Edit: I checked, it's the 10th.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Good to know...thanks Bill.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

We need another owner in San Diego, and I'm out of waitlist people so if anyone wants in let me know.
No High Scores:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Good game Badgun...thanks for kickin' my ass. Almost tripled me on TOP...good work on the ground with Eddie. I just couldn't do a damn thing defensively and you exploited it to the max. Good work. Back to the drawing board.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Good game Badgun...thanks for kickin' my ass. Almost tripled me on TOP...good work on the ground with Eddie. I just couldn't do a damn thing defensively and you exploited it to the max. Good work. Back to the drawing board.
Big win for the Cowboys!

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Well, I saw my first ever punt return for a TD..Sully took one like 80 yards on me in a game where I gave up three BIG plays and lost 21-7. An 80 yd punt return, an 80 pass to a friggin TE, and a 53 yd run by Westbrook. I had the ball for 15 of the game's 24 minutes, had 12 first downs to Philly's 5, and ran 46 plays to Philly's 23. Three big plays and seven Philly sacks later...I got my ass whooped.

My kingdom for an Oline!
No High Scores:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Your 1.5 avg. on the ground didn't help much Bill...but then again I know all about giving up the big plays. I think I gave up 5 or 6 of 50 yards or more. Lovely eh?

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Your 1.5 avg. on the ground didn't help much Bill...but then again I know all about giving up the big plays. I think I gave up 5 or 6 of 50 yards or more. Lovely eh?
Running against Philly with the Browns line, I don't care if EQ is on or not is a cerified b*tch.
No High Scores:

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Like I said Bill, I feel extremely fortunate to win that game. My defense did play great, getting some timely sacks, stopping several nice drives.
Once again, I failed to mount a consistent offensive attack without McNabb.
Great game and good luck to you.