ESPN 2K5 patch is up

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

ESPN 2K5 patch is up

Post by seanmac31 »

There's a list somewhere of the things it fixes- I know the clipping glitch is among them. Records are all reset as well.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Muchos Gracias

Going to DL it right now.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Just done did it..........

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: ESPN 2K5 patch is up

Post by pk500 »

seanmac31 wrote:There's a list somewhere of the things it fixes- I know the clipping glitch is among them. Records are all reset as well.
F*CK! My 8-9 VIP record is ruined! :)

Seriously, thanks for the head's up. I'm downloading this tonight after I return from the bar.

ESPN NFL 2K5 has gripped me unlike any football game since NCAA 99.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

I guess this is to solve the online problems only and the franchise is still fuXX0red?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Anything that's marked NEW in this thread linked below is either fixed or affected by the patch:

http://www.espnvideogames.com/community ... hp?t=32234

The big question is whether this patch fixes issues for online play or online and offline play. I can't really tell from the answers in the thread.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It added the ability to replace league owners, and I can verify it fixed the clipping bug.

I don't think it addressed any franchise items for whoever asked, I don't think they could do that in a patch anyway.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:It added the ability to replace league owners, and I can verify it fixed the clipping bug.

I don't think it addressed any franchise items for whoever asked, I don't think they could do that in a patch anyway.
This whole fixing a console game is facinating. I can understand the online portion, but how do they fix the clipping penalty part I wonder? Isn't that coded into the game? Maybe when the game is loaded into memory, the fix file overwrites a part of the game every time?

In the future, I would like to see games written to your hard drive, then patches to fix stuff like franchise issues might be easier to fix. Although I think Microsoft and Sony are getting away from the HD? Of course, why would be purchase v6-7-8-9..etc.. every year if we had no issues with games?

I thought it would be nice to have the clipping bug fix via downloadable .zip to AR, but that may not be possible.

Oh well, I've gone over this at OS. :)

Todd

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Question: Where is the patch? I went to download it from the XBL ESPN downloads, but it ain't there. Am I missin' somethin'? :?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

tealboy03 wrote:Question: Where is the patch? I went to download it from the XBL ESPN downloads, but it ain't there. Am I missin' somethin'? :?
It should auto update once you log into ESPN. Then it auto restarts the game.

BBReBozo
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by BBReBozo »

Bah.

It doesn't look like they fixed the DL "Twist" cheat described in a DSP thread last week. This has ruined the game for me, simply because I lack the willpower to refrain from using it.

I know, I am weak.
but really, this is 2004, and nearly everything is considered to be gay now

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

"It should auto update once you log into ESPN. Then it auto restarts the game."

Oh, ok, gotcha. It did that, but I didn't get a chance to check, because I was called into an RS:BA match. I'm just accustomed to going to the downloads section and downloading whatever...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

BBReBozo wrote:Bah.

It doesn't look like they fixed the DL "Twist" cheat described in a DSP thread last week. This has ruined the game for me, simply because I lack the willpower to refrain from using it.

I know, I am weak.
I dont know if thats accurate......I see it a different way..... I blow thru with the DE just rushing straight with no twists..I never twist ..still the lineman ignore me...........

I think its a flaw in the AI. Its cheating(Like the embaressing drops in NCAA). It has set up for a certain amount of sacks and it will get them no matter what.

It bothers me but not as much as the drops in NCAA or more than the super LBs in Madden.........

BBReBozo
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by BBReBozo »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean XXXIV, that's what I'm (probably poorly) describing -- where you take the DE straight through, even though you called a twist on the d-line. The o-lineman is fooled and you can easily get pressure and often times a sack. It completely removes the challenge of the game, especially for a weak-willed jackball like me who uses it any time the CPU threatens to score on me.

I guess the problem is me more than anything else but I'm quite certain that my personal bugs cannot be resolved with a patch.
but really, this is 2004, and nearly everything is considered to be gay now

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

BBReBozo wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you mean XXXIV, that's what I'm (probably poorly) describing -- where you take the DE straight through, even though you called a twist on the d-line. The o-lineman is fooled and you can easily get pressure and often times a sack. It completely removes the challenge of the game, especially for a weak-willed jackball like me who uses it any time the CPU threatens to score on me.

I guess the problem is me more than anything else but I'm quite certain that my personal bugs cannot be resolved with a patch.
I know what you are saying.
Im saying I dont even call a twist and on some plays I go in untouched.
I dont know if there is a trick .
I do think the game has flawed AI where on certain predetermined plays it allows the Dlineman in untouched.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

BBReBozo wrote: I guess the problem is me more than anything else but I'm quite certain that my personal bugs cannot be resolved with a patch.
That's ridiculous. How the hell is it your fault? Any game that forces you to play by some 'house rules' to have a good or fair game with it is flawed, plain and simple. Especially with something that happens in the run of regular play, it's not like there's some magic 4th down money play or something that only applies in very specific situations.

I don't play much v. the CPU, but online I've had plenty of times with a little shifting and moving that I get straight through. But I can't do it every time, and so somehow it's not a game killer for me. If I ever figure out how to do it 100% of the time, it would be, because making up some extra house rule just won't work.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote:I don't play much v. the CPU, but online I've had plenty of times with a little shifting and moving that I get straight through. But I can't do it every time, and so somehow it's not a game killer for me. If I ever figure out how to do it 100% of the time, it would be, because making up some extra house rule just won't work.
Thats what Im saying. I dont think there is a magic trick. I think there is a HUGE flaw in the games AI......It happens at random cause the game is stupid.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

Yes there is a glitch/bug/cheat that allows you to get in every pass play.
from my other post:

"Just choose any formation with 4 linemen, choose twist for your linemen.
spread your line before the play and control a DT. He is supposed to drive inside but if you control him and go straight in you go in untouched. It's like the offensive line knows what your play is and is preprogrammed to go where the defensive lineman is supposed to go instead of just staying in front of them.

I just share this because I know none of us would use it and it might explain why that smart ass 14 year old online was sacking you 20 times a game."

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

If that is truley the cheat.....................
I trust none of us would even consider controlling the DT ........let alone a DT with a twist plus spread........

Its my faith in mankind