DSP Fantasy Football: League Decisions Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

snate
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snate »

1. either way is fine with me
2. cst - weekends or evenings
3. no input.
4. sounds good.
5. doesn't matter
6. Dallas Ding Dongs

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i'm cool with anything.

BBReBozo
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: DSP Fantasy Football: League Decisions Thread

Post by BBReBozo »

sf_z wrote:There are ten teams signed up for the DSP Fantasy Football league. There may be some late entrants (pigpen?, db?, cincy? c'mon down), but we need to start settling some things in advance of the draft. Please use this thread to respond to the following.

Question #1. The draft itself. I originally proposed an offline email draft but there was some discussion about going to a live online draft. We'd need to start an offline draft no later than next Monday. An online draft would bring us to...

Question #2. If we go with a live draft, when? Jackdog is EDT +8 and DaveT is EDT +5. Jackdog has PMed me with a preference for Sunday, which may be tough for other people. What's the best day and timeslot for other people? Milestone dates: Mon Sep 6 Labor Day, Thur Sep 9 Opening Day. We probably need to allocate two hours for a live draft.

Question #3. Roster and schedule rules. I posted strawman league rules in the signup thread. Let me know if you have any suggested modifications. The only things I'd change now would be to add another bench slot if we only have ten franchises, and to temporarily relax the waiver and max moves rules if some teams get stuck going through an autodraft.

Question #4. League format. I tentatively set it up for regular season during NFL weeks 1-14. Top four teams qualify for two-round playoffs during NFL weeks 15 & 16. Week 17 is out of play. OK?

Question #5. League fees. $5 or $10? Also, need somebody with a Paypal account to act as treasurer.

Question #6. Payout. I've always favored 2/3 payout to the playoff champ with the remaining 1/3 going to the regular season champ (either head-head or total points) because the playoffs are such a one-week crap shoot. Giving money to the playoff runner up is a reward for finishing second in a four team shootout.

Question #7 (should have been #1) Who are you? Team names and forum names aren't the same. I'm the Ditka Burgers.

Anything else?
1) I'm up for online draft, with enough notice. I'm a newbie with that kind of thing so it might be interesting.

2) Sunday works for me as well, the earlier the better. Otherwise, I'm available during the week except for Thursdays.

3) Rules looked good to me. No changes.

4) Works for me.

5) I didn't know we'd be doing this for money though I guess I should have figured... ;-) Skinflint in me will chip in $5 but will go with $10 if that's what the majority wants.

6) Works for me (I am SO agreeable today!)

7) San Bruno Eks
but really, this is 2004, and nearly everything is considered to be gay now

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

1-6) Anything you guys come up with works for me......(looks over shoulder)

7) 34's Bighorns

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

I'm happy to submit a preferences file before the draft, unless you hold it on a Sat or Sun afternoon your time, in which case I can stay up past my usual bedtime and join in.

Manchester Spartans is my bunch.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Sunday is good for me...I 'll go along with any other decisions.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Sunday the 29th is the best day. This Sunday is too early, and labor day weekened would be a problem. Keep it as that day. Time-wise, that works, but isn't that the middle of the day? It works, just feels weird drafting online at noon CST :)

I'm the Mudpuppies, BTW.

As fot payouts, my leauge (see http://webpages.charter.net/mkraus1) has 6 playoff teams, with the top 4 getting some money back. I'd vote for a split of 2/3 to the #1 team and 1/3 to the #2 team. I don't like the regularseason winner/playoff winner payouts, since it could likely be the same team. I'd rather give a little to the team that makes it to the championship game but doesn't win.
-Matt

Cincinnati_Kid
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Cincinnati_Kid »

i would be happy to join but the draft is the most important thing to me

as far as exactley how is it going down

i want to be there to pick my players not trust some random draft process like that yahoo league several years back

as for a draft day im on vacation 23rd through 28th so any night works for me....and of course you know im cool with the email style draft as well

im more than ready considering my local leagues draft is this sunday so my cheat sheets are prepared :wink:
http://thecincinnatikid.blogspot.com

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

1) Would prefer an online draft (more fun, more exciting) but can do an offline draft as well.

2) I'm fairly flexible re: date, though I might be on a li'l vacation in early September. Sundays are usually open.

3) Trust you on whatever rules you choose

4) Sounds fine.

5) $5 or $10 is fine.

6) Whatever distribution you want is cool.

7) B-more United (or Baltimore United...or something with Baltimore in it...damn, I can't even remember.)

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

I'm still up for it. If you drafted at say noon Pacific time, that would be 8 or 9 at night for me (better check, we are on DST here at the mo).
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

sf_z wrote:Bump. Who can't make it for the live draft next Sunday? Neckthai's got a race to work I believe. Will the timeslot work for Jackdog and DaveT?

It looks like we've stabilized at 12 teams. That's a good number. $6.25 per team will form a $75 pot. Fifty to the playoff champ and twenty five for regular season winner (or championship game loser if you prefer).
It works for me big time!! Thanks guys. I'll talk to you all next Sunday.

Peace.