TOCA 2 on PS2 with Full Sim Mode

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

TOCA 2 on PS2 with Full Sim Mode

Post by DChaps »

Just Damn...... Press release from Codemasters, particular emphasis on the bold items:

=======
Codemasters, a leading global publisher of interactive entertainment, has confirmed that ToCA Race Driver 2: Ultimate Racing Simulator is coming to the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system this October.

ToCA Race Driver 2, already an international best-seller on Xbox and PC, is as realistic as racing games get. The new enhanced PlayStation 2 version will launch complete with online gameplay for up to 8 players. With brand new content exclusive to PlayStation 2, ToCA Race Driver 2 will feature a new circuit, Catalunya, and an expanded Championship structure, allowing 99 additional car and track combinations. There game also features a “Pro-Sim mode” for ultimate realism.

The PlayStation 2 edition of ToCA Race Driver 2 is constructed completely from the ground up by Codemasters’ renowned ToCA development team. The game runs at 60 frames-per-second with up to 21 drivers on track at the same time.

ToCA Race Driver 2 boasts the most diverse range of motor sports ever seen in one game with 33 championships covering 15 different motor racing styles including GT Sports Car Racing, Street Racing, Rally, DTM, V8 Supercars, Global GT Lights, Rally Cross, Formula Ford, Open Wheel Grand Prix, Classic Car Racing, Super Truck racing, Stockcar Oval Racing, Ice-Racing, Convertible Racing and Performance Cars. The game features 52 racing circuits including the world famous Laguna Seca, Surfers Paradise, Euro Speedway, Donington Park, Kyalami and Road America circuits.

With unique adaptive AI that changes to suit the player’s level of racing expertise, the computer-controlled drivers will fight to hold their line, try to out-brake and out-maneuver other drivers and even carry grudges over from race to race.

ToCA Race Driver 2 features a hugely realistic damage engine and the most advanced physics ever seen in a racing game. Get too cozy with another car or a trackside barrier and it could be back to the starting grid. And there are no fake ”resets” to restart drivers back on their way, “Race Over” means just that, but only for that race. The save system in ToCA Race Driver 2 saves after every event, so players only have to re-run that one race in order to progress. Gamers will also be able to save replays to relive their victories.

ToCA Race Driver 2
TOCA RACE DRIVER 2 - KEY FEATURES:

The evolution of Codemasters’ 5-million+ selling ToCA series, offering the most diverse range of motor sports ever in one game.
33 championships covering 15 different motor sports.
35 of the world’s most powerful racing and street cars fully simulated - including Aston Martin (V12 Vanquish, DB7 and DB5), Jaguar (XJ220, XKR and E-Type), Ford (Mustang Cobra R, Ford GT, GT90, F-150 SVT Lightning, Falcon BA), Holden Commodore VY, Mitsubishi 3000 GT, Mitsubishi EVO 7, Subaru Impreza WRX, ABT-Audi TT-R, Opel Astra V8 Coupe and AMG-Mercedes CLK.
31 global race locations and 52 world renowned tracks.
Incredible pack racing: up to 21 cars on track at once, battling for position.
A stunning new visual engine running 60 frames per second graphics.
The most sophisticated physics and car handling engine yet.
Online play for up to 8 players.
Storyline drives progression through the championships.

http://www.codemasters.com/news/display ... ticle=5901[/b]

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Geeze, was this some sort of scheme orchestrated between MS and Codemasters???

If so, they got me hook, line AND sinker! :(

TOCA2 was the main reason I got my XBox, and until just now, I felt the purchase was justified.

Glad I kept my PS2.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

It's about time the PS2 got a good online racing game. Hopefully enough people will buy the PS2 version so we can in get some good online races.
www.SportsGamingNation.com

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Isn't GT4 coming out around that time?

Regardless of the relative merits of the games, these TOCA guys could have planned the release better.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

gee thanks, codemasters.