Very cool Colin McRae 2005 thread at Codies' forum

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Very cool Colin McRae 2005 thread at Codies' forum

Post by pk500 »

Fellas:

Here's a very cool thread from the Codemasters' forum showing a picture of Colin McRae playing the beta of CMR 05 and giving feedback to the lead developer.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... adid=39357

There's also information about how Colin's former co-driver and current Speed WRC analyst Nicky Grist is in the Codemasters' studio quite a bit, working with the team on track maps and pace notes. Colin also visits the studio more often now that he's not in the WRC.

It's cool as hell to see a game's namesake offer more than just his name and picture to a game. And Nicky Grist's contribution to the series has been and is immense, a Codies' employee told me last year.

No wonder why the Colin series was, is and probably will be the supreme rally sim for consoles. Can't wait for Colin 05!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

Just saw the trailer for Richard Burns Rally on gametrailers.com and it doesn't look half bad. Don't know if it can give Colin a run for it's money, but I always say "the more, the merrier".

Too bad the WRC sequels never saw the light of day here (in the U.S.) for the PS2.

Toper

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Z:

Ironic you mention Burns' health. I was reading about Peugeot's problems with its water pump homologation after Cyprus and wondered how Burns was doing.

What are the stories (rumors) saying?

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425