Bowel cleansing....

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Some articles from different clinics and sources that say that colon cleansing isn't very beneficial...and in some cases, is harmful. I don't know much about the colon cleansing that you all are talking about...but I don't think there are lots of scientific papers that show the benefits of this stuff...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=AN00065
Doctors don't recommend colon cleansing for better health or to prevent disease. The only appropriate use for colon cleansing is in preparation for a medical examination of the colon.

Your colon normally eliminates waste material and bacteria and absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance. Some colon-cleansing programs disrupt this balance and actually do harm by causing dehydration and depleting your body of sodium.
http://www.swedish.org/16536.cfm

http://www.acsh.org/factsfears/newsID.1 ... detail.asp

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... astro.html

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LOL...good one.

I still cannot believe this is a f*ckin' topic at DS. Damn we need some new games to talk about if this is what we're resorting to.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Ok, I admit I went a little nuts last night but I still think this is an interesting topic, never thought i'd get to hear some of your crapping habits though, yet I was oddly compelled to read it. Come on, it's something most of us do every day so why not keep it healthy?

Jimmy, I admit I pulled for Calgary but i'm definitely not heart-broken about it, was a great series :) we'll have to meet up again for an online league for this years ESPN if it's half-assed, we had a good time last time.

db, I seriously dont think drinking the milk of a different species is a good thing, isnt really more a N American thing? Why not drink rat milk? Personally, before I even read up on the subject I didnt drink milk because it is ....well...milk from an animal. Then I discovered the average cow in the 1950's produced 2000 pounds of milk a year, now they produce 50,000 pounds a year. That and the pus content turned me off from it as well :)

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

I'm a camel dumper myself... I can go a week or 2 between them. Every once in awhile if I have a really good one, I'll notice that I'll be ready for another 24 hours later - to the minute (don't know why)... but for the most part I have them once a week or so. Its nice for camping trips though, because if you time it right you can avoid having to use those nasty toilets at the campgrounds.

That's not normal. I'd get that checked out if I were you.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

no it's not dumb at all. Your analogy is worse, IMO. Man is a carnivore and is supposed to eat meat (or horses as you say), but how could you say we were supposed to drink milk that is produced for nursing baby
animals. And, no, nature didn't intend for us to "shoot" anything. I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say that cow's milk was never intended for humans.

dbdynsty25 wrote:
JackB1 wrote:I agree 100% about the milk thing though. It's common sense. Why would humans drink something nature intended for baby cows? I haven't touched the stuff in 20 years.
Seriously, that's the dumbest arguement ever. Did nature intend for us to shoot horses and eat them? It's the same arguement...oh well, it's the whole evolution thing. We're at the top of the food chain...bulls***. Who's to say what was intended by god (or gods, or some big ass explosion)? No one knows...so saying a cows milk wasn't intended for humans is kind of presumtuous don't you think?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

>>>I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say that cow's milk was never intended for humans.<<<

Thank God beer, Merlot and scotch were. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

"I'm a camel dumper myself"

8O

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

I've also read where some poor bastards have a dump once a month.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

mobiggins wrote:
I'm a camel dumper myself... I can go a week or 2 between them. Every once in awhile if I have a really good one, I'll notice that I'll be ready for another 24 hours later - to the minute (don't know why)... but for the most part I have them once a week or so. Its nice for camping trips though, because if you time it right you can avoid having to use those nasty toilets at the campgrounds.

That's not normal. I'd get that checked out if I were you.
LOL. Seriously.

I can set my watch to my fecal habits. 6:45AM and then sometime between 2 and 3PM. In fact, I'm scrambling for reading material right now.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JackB1 wrote:Man is a carnivore and is supposed to eat meat
Says who?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

MEE!!!

Why else would i have all this hair on my back? wait did wooly mammoths eat meat?

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Says the two canines in our mouth? The fact that our eyes are in the front like all hunters?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

GROGtheNailer wrote:Jimmy, I admit I pulled for Calgary but i'm definitely not heart-broken about it, was a great series :) we'll have to meet up again for an online league for this years ESPN if it's half-assed, we had a good time last time.

We just may have too do it with EA thats all, im not impressed so far with kush,they need to change the skating back to 2k3 i hate 2k4 skating.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

GROGtheNailer wrote:Says the two canines in our mouth? The fact that our eyes are in the front like all hunters?
I must really be lucky. I have 4 canines...lol.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Doh....good point. Yeah 4 canines.

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

Has anybody in here attempted a before and after dump weigh-in? That'll tell you volumes about your bowels.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

I think there is more interest in this then meets the eye, admit it you swines!!

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

sf_z wrote:Why oh why did I click that link :( :( :(
I'm still asking myself why I would ever click on a link "cleansing poo pictures." :?

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Brando70 wrote: I have been on the South Beach, and was talking with my friend about how much better I've felt since I've lost weight.
Well, fun to resurrect this thread and see how Grog's cleansing went, but anyhow.

My wife and I started eating the SouthBeach way 16 days ago, during a week when my kids were away at grandparents. Whoa... this thing works.

1. I have lost 7lbs (was 192 in the morning, am now 185. FYI I'm 5'10")
2. I feel better.
3. I have gone from size 36 waist to size 34.
4. I have NOT been hungry. That is key. We've been eating the food recipes from the book and the website, and they taste great. On this "diet" you're not supposed to be hungry. If you are, then you're not eating enough.

The main reason the wife and I chose SouthBeach was that it is not a long-term NO carb thing. It's just very little, almost 0 carbs and sugar for 2 weeks, then start eating "the right carbs". Both of us are on it and we're both at about 7lbs lost right now. We just moved off the 0 carb part and are introducing good carbs back in as we go. I'm finding things I used to eat make me feel like crap, and I no longer have the desire to eat crap food. I used to love French Fries and chips... I don't crave them anymore.

Most of what south beach says is pure common sense I guess, but having a set program with recipes on HOW to eat properly seems to be working better for my wife and I than if we just do it on our own. Whatever works.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Good for you, James. I dropped about 20 lbs over the course of 3 months (Jan-Mar), and the best thing is, I have kept off the weight. South Beach just altered the way I look at food. I still eat some sweets, and will indulge in fast food once in a while. But I don't crave those things as much and have mostly avoided the kind of binge eating that got me in trouble. I also got more serious about exercising regularly, and usually get 3-4 cardio/weight workouts in each week.

I would still like to lose about 10 more pounds and am considering going back on the hard Phase I part to finally get that weight off.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Hey Brando.

I'm lucky in that I didn't find Phase 1 all that hard, except for having to stop myself from eating snacks at night. (That craving is now gone too.)

I actually like the phase 1 food alot. Even though I'm on phase 2 I still find myself eating more like I'm on Phase 1, with the addition of some carbs. But my diet still is much closer to phase 1 than phase 2. I just like the food I guess.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Wow, in one thread we go from Sh*t to South Beach, and even get in a little hockey (which is appropriate :D ) This is what Gump really meant by a box of chocolates. It wasn't life, it was DSP. You really never know what you're gonna get... :wink:

"I think the claim that you have 10-15 pounds of extra waste floating around is, well, a bunch of crap"

A true statement no matter how you pinch, er, slice it...now excuse me, I've gotta go make a deposit... :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

James_E wrote:Hey Brando.

I'm lucky in that I didn't find Phase 1 all that hard, except for having to stop myself from eating snacks at night. (That craving is now gone too.)

I actually like the phase 1 food alot. Even though I'm on phase 2 I still find myself eating more like I'm on Phase 1, with the addition of some carbs. But my diet still is much closer to phase 1 than phase 2. I just like the food I guess.
I was fine on Phase 1 except for three things:

--no fruit
--I was pretty much stuck eating eggs for breakfast every morning for two weeks, as I abhor cottage cheese and don't really like starting my day with veggies.
--no booze

The phase 2 part is, pardon the pun, a piece of cake. Once I could start eating fruit again and eating cereal (admittedly, not the Coco Puffs I was used to), I had no problems.

The other thing is I weigh myself every day now. That way, if I notice a weight gain of 2-3 pounds, I can cool it for a couple days and make sure it doesn't turn into 5-10.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

If you want to go real hard core try the "master cleanser". It is a ten day fast of nothing but lemon juice/cayenne pepper/organic maple syrup. You're also supposed to drink laxative tea (senna?). Supposed to clean out all the toxins. What is the main principle of the south beach diet? Is it just eating healthy (fruits nuts vegetables) and getting rid of high glycemic index carbs?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

"If you want to go real hard core try the "master cleanser". It is a ten day fast of nothing but lemon juice/cayenne pepper/organic maple syrup. You're also supposed to drink laxative tea (senna?). Supposed to clean out all the toxins."

...is that where you get the name, The Mighty Puck? :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood