NBA Playoffs Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Playoffs Discussion

Post by bdoughty »

Since someone aptly renamed the original thread. Back to the NBA Discussion and predictions.

I have the Pistons in 5 but it might take 6. I see the Lakers winning a close one tomorrow night but will be rooting for Detroit to take a 2-0 lead.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oh man, this 20 point lead is beautiful late in the game. I don't think the Pistons can even blow this one.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Brown is pulling a Phil Jackson with his game plan thus far this series, let the big guys score all the points but shut down the other guys. If Shaq/Kobe can score 90/100 points between themselves, they deserve to win. But that's most likely not going to happen and if the Laker bench can't step up, they're in trouble. On a sidenote, who is gonna give gary payton any cash next year after his performance this year.

Lakers in a finals game held under 70 points, forgetta-bout-it! NOT!

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Did anybody else catch that guy at half-time who was getting his fake fro puffed up by two of his friends and he yelled out, "I'm Rick James, b*tch!" Me and my friend were dying laughing. Classic NBA playoff moment.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Airdog wrote:Did anybody else catch that guy at half-time who was getting his fake fro puffed up by two of his friends and he yelled out, "I'm Rick James, b*tch!" Me and my friend were dying laughing. Classic NBA playoff moment.
Yeah that was pretty damn funny.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

what the hell is i'm rick james, b*tch from anyways ?
i hear everyone saying it but i don't have any idea why
it's probably from homestarrunner or chapelle show or something
someone fill me in lol

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

From the Chappelle show

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/c ... unds.jhtml

Pistons looking good.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

Where's Parker now?!

HAHAHA!!! :lol:

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Well, I didn't say the Pistons would not win any more games in the series, but I still think the Lakers have an excellent chance to win because of the series format. They just need to get one of the two next games in Detroit and they will come back down 3-2 at LA. Detroit blew their chance in game 2.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

ha!

i listen to tony bruno/jim rome on an LA web station. they suck the lakers off daily. great to see them go down.

uh oh, scoring is down...better make the rim bigger. i love seeing good D, especially in todays run to the hoop and dunk NBA.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Yeah, this isn't really about poor shooting, it's about the Piston's smothering defense. They are really fun to watch. The sense of frustration on the Lakers's faces has been entertaining.

The Lakers have looked poor in the whole series. But I'm not going to write them off yet. Even though Detroit won big in their 2 games, it's still only 2-1.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

gary payton is a whiny little b*tch.

i wouldn't dress him the next game.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

I didn't think he was dressed for the first 3. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

dbdynsty25's pre-playoff prediction, Pistons in 6...guess it'll only be 5 this year.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

This is kind of the bizarro NBA world. Phil Jackson is complaining about the officiating. The Pistons are getting the kind of benefit of the doubt calls the Lakers are used to getting, such as Payton's offensive foul when there was scarcely any contact or Hamilton running into Shaq, who wasn't really trying to impede him and drawing a foul.

Not that the Pistons aren't long, athletic and more deep than the Lakers. But so were the Blazers, the Kings, the Wolves and the Spurs, all teams that the Lakers vanquished with two franchise players and a bunch of role players.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

dbdynsty25 wrote:dbdynsty25's pre-playoff prediction, Pistons in 6...guess it'll only be 5 this year.

Looks like I might just be winning my pool with the Pistons in 5 prediction. :)

I will say the Pistons better win the next one, otherwise they might become the first team to be up 3-1 and lose the finals.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

And I quote Parker after game 2...

"The series has officially started folks, unfortunately it won't be lasting very long for Detroit."

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

True, but if the Lakers can win the next game, I still give them a better than even chance to win.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

wco81 wrote:This is kind of the bizarro NBA world. Phil Jackson is complaining about the officiating. The Pistons are getting the kind of benefit of the doubt calls the Lakers are used to getting, such as Payton's offensive foul when there was scarcely any contact or Hamilton running into Shaq, who wasn't really trying to impede him and drawing a foul.

Not that the Pistons aren't long, athletic and more deep than the Lakers. But so were the Blazers, the Kings, the Wolves and the Spurs, all teams that the Lakers vanquished with two franchise players and a bunch of role players.

Uh, no. The Kings, Wolves and Spurs frontcourt are not as long and nowhere near as athletic as the Pistons frontcourt.

And as far as the calls go, Rip and Chauncey have been attacking the basket throughout the game and the Laker guards can't stop them from getting into the lane. Tay has been slashing to the basket as well. Meanwhile, the only one who's been attacking the basket on the Lakers is Kobe, who's now getting trapped or doubled the moment he makes a move into the lane. So the number of times Kobe has gotten into the lane has been limited as the series has gone on. Gary Payton is the other one who could possibly do it as well, but he doesn't get as many chances to score in the Laker offense as Kobe does. There's nothing bizarro about the difference in fouls called for either team.

Kruza

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I didn't say they were necessarily as athletic or long as all the Pistons. But they were as athletic or as long as all those Lakers teams which beat him.

This year, Duncan and Garnett were neutralized by Malone and Shaq being able to push on them. Not because anyone on the Lakers was as athletic as they were.

And a lot of those teams were way deeper than the Lakers. If they got the kind of officiating the Pistons are enjoying, many of those series would have gone the other way.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Not really, because neither of those West teams can hit the offensive boards and get putbacks as well as the Pistons either. It's mostly due to this as far what has forced refs to make more calls against the Lakers in this year's Finals. West teams haven't shown the hustle, persistence, or toughness to constantly attack the basket and hit the offensive boards against the Lakers in the playoffs as the Pistons have in this series.

Kruza

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

It's been an absolutely stunning series. As much as I had my gripes with the Lakers and how they've played all season....No way did I expect them to get handled like this by a team that is so questionable on offense like the Pistons are. They are truly a great defensive squad. The Eastern Conference is back. While they may not have beat the Lakers, I think the Pacers would also have given them a run for their money after watching this series.
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

BuckeyeBengal
Mario Mendoza

Post by BuckeyeBengal »

I agree. The Pistons are one of the best defensive teams I have ever seen! Who needs a potent offense when you can shut the other team down at will or seemingly so. Ben Wallace is the real deal and who here agrees that the Rasheed deal was a stroke of genius on the Pistons part?