NBA Playoffs Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Have the Pistons committed to keeping Rasheed? I got the sense that they were only renting him for the rest of the season when they got him.

Rasheed has said he wants a max contract and doesn't care where he has to go, even a losing team.

BuckeyeBengal
Mario Mendoza

Post by BuckeyeBengal »

I would think the Pistons would want to lock him up to a long term contract. The man is a very good basketball player that unfortunately carries alot of baggage with him. Detroit is building a really nice team. They should try their best to keep him. But with Rasheed,sounds like money always talks. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

They'll be able to keep Sheed, assuming they can get the Bobcats to take Elden Campbell and his big ass contract off thier hands. It is pretty likely as long as the Pistons throw in a few bucks to help cover Campbell. The priority of the Pistons is going to be signing Sheed and Okur this offseason.

I'd bet the bank that they come back next year with a top 6 of Billups, Hamilton, Sheed, Wallace, Prince and Okur...which will esentially be the same team. Mark it down.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Heh, on OS, someone mentioned that Okur may be going to Phoenix.

Anyways, I think Campbell has helped quite a bit in this series. But he's probably getting paid like a starter and he obviously won't get in the regular rotation.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:Heh, on OS, someone mentioned that Okur may be going to Phoenix.
I hope that is true. My Suns need to get a big man and he's pretty much all their is on the FA market this year in terms of centers. I just think he'll stay in D-Town.

Waddupcouzin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Waddupcouzin »

As a known Laker fan, My hat is off to the Pistons for taking it to us everygame. The Pistons deserve all the accolades given them.

BTW, funny how the first 13 minutes of the ESPN 6:00pm telecast was devoted to the Lakers.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I think the questions about where Kobe might sign if he opts out as he says he will, whether Phil will stay, and what happens to Shaq and the rest of the Lakers are going to dominate NBA off-season news. Similar to TO ending up on the Eagles. Or the whole ARod/Nomar/Jeter soap opera before the baseball season.

Other NBA teams have big personnel moves to mull over. But the simple fact is that the Lakers command the most attention. They are like the Yankees of baseball. No the Celtics should be but until the Celts are championship contenders, they won't get as much coverage.