First look GTA: San Andreas

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

First look GTA: San Andreas

Post by bdoughty »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/11 ... 97570.html

Why is it when I see these images, the thought of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the NAACP and numerous future lawsuits pop into my head?

Poor Rockstar, if they thought the Hatians were a pain in their side.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm sure I'm in the SEVERE minority in thinking that this series is somewhat stale. It was cool at first, but with all the sequels and whatnot, I'm really tired of GTA. I love the whole "do anything" aspect, but how many times can you go around a new town doing anything before you get bored? For me it was about halfway through Vice City.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

TCrouch wrote:I'm sure I'm in the SEVERE minority in thinking that this series is somewhat stale. It was cool at first, but with all the sequels and whatnot, I'm really tired of GTA. I love the whole "do anything" aspect, but how many times can you go around a new town doing anything before you get bored? For me it was about halfway through Vice City.

It was all about the shock value for me. Both games were fun at first but became tedious due to the horrible shooting/aiming system and piss poor fighting system. Most of both games were spent driving in a car which I despised driving games at the time. There was nothing more I hated in the original (Vice City had the Taxis) then having to drive back to a mission I just failed. Having no PS2 = Not having to worry about GTA.

Oh well I am on another one of my "no more non-sports game" kicks anyway. I don't even plan on getting Halo 2.

Speaking of shock value

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/566/566556/vids_1.html

IGN gets on the raunchy side posting some uncensored coverage showing one of the DOA girls in a really odd nude scene. Of course there are no nips in sight but a movie for those who enjoy *polygon bewbies*

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm still tryin' to figure out why the hell they showed that chick in the clip...lol.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

The GTA series really needs to incorporate the Halo-esque control scheme found in other third-person games like Splinter Cell for it to make it to my collection.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

whateva.

It is still a GTA game, packing the fiinest premise known to man, for what to do in a non-sports vidgame.

Was half-expecting GTA SA to take place in the 70's. As i liked the retro Vice City theme. The game's theme was light, would put a smile on my face. Looks like SA will return the GTA franchise to its former gritty roots. Maybe harder.

I agree the shooting system (on foot) in Liberty City was total horse-sh*t. Vice City was improved but still lacking. Hopefully Rockstar prioritized this and acted accordingly. I would compare Rockstar's GTA3 to Vice City's upgrade, to the transition Visual Concepts made from NFL 2k to 2k1, in terms of ambition and quality. Am hopeful.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

I agree with those who think the GTA series is getting kind of stale. I don't want GTA III in another city. They need some serious gameplay changes to make the game appealing to those who played the previous two and have been left wanting more.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'm still tryin' to figure out why the hell they showed that chick in the clip...lol.
So people like us will watch them. Why else would you watch DOA clips?