MVP Patch 2 is Out

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MVP Patch 2 is Out

Post by Danimal »

I just played a game with the 2nd patch. I thought I would tell you about it.

First all the chopiness is gone.

I saw 4 Homeruns by left handed hitters, Furcal jacked 2 and Posada one. I also had the CPU attempt 4 steals on me, 2 of which were succesful.

Two were with Furcal, he was nailed once on a pitch out and the second one he swiped third on me (I never thought he would go it caught me off guard) which allowed him to score on a single and tie a close game. The other two attemtps were by runner who weren't very fast (ie no feet).

Neither the lefty bug or steals is addressed in the patch notes, but don't let that fool you.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

I can also confirm alot of the good news.

My game is now smooth, I have actually seen a few steals in just 2 games since the patch, and after a few HR Derby sessions it seems the lefty situation may have been addressed.

I have not tested player progression, but everything else is looking really, really good at this point.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

is this a PC patch or an xbox patch?

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

PC. EA still isn't on XBL, and even if they were they wouldn't be putting out gameplay patches like this out for it (well, very doubtful at least).

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

After a few games I can safely say this patch is beautiful. Lefty bug definitely fixed. CPU now steals. No more slowdown. It even appears that the strikezone is smaller and that it is much harder to throw strikes consistently. I walked three in my first game. The rosters are now updated to opening day.

Still too early to judge the progression issues, but even if they aren't completely fixed no doubt the modding community will take care of any lingering problems.

The game with patches is the best arcade baseball game ever, IMHO. A damned shame they don't see the need to fix the console versions.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

By patching these issues (lefty hitting, steals) for the PC they basically admit that it was screwed up. Since the same problems existed in the Xbox and PS2 versions, they're indriectly admitting that these are screwed up as well. So what they're saying is "F-U" to the console owners by refsuing to patch those versions by offering a replacement disc the way they did for Madden.

I am so glad that ESPN is as good as it is, or I'd be really upset by this. With the bugs fixed, MVP could be a very nice game. This is one case where I say Sdrew EA. I sold my copy of MVP long ago, and I'll be sure to wait 2 weeks after release next year so I don't get taken again.
-Matt

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I couldn't agree more Matt. I was surprised that they actually acknowledged the problems, let alone fixed them. If they cared they would do a disc exchange for console versions, but then again being EA they really have very little incentive to be nice to customers.

Thankfully ESPN is excellent, otherwise I'd be leading the charge of pitchforks demanding resolution for the console versions.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

I'm hearing that player progression is not fixed, same with walks....anyone confirm?

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

From that link, sounds like there are still some serious problems with progression, BUT that the existing progression mod actually works better with the patched version. If so, consider the problem solved.

I could be wrong but I swear the strikezone is much smaller in the patched version, and I have given up a bunch of walks without even nibbling. I haven't drawn any walks yet, and I'm not sure if this is due to it not being fixed for the CPU or just impatience on my part.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

matthewk wrote:By patching these issues (lefty hitting, steals) for the PC they basically admit that it was screwed up. Since the same problems existed in the Xbox and PS2 versions, they're indriectly admitting that these are screwed up as well. So what they're saying is "F-U" to the console owners by refsuing to patch those versions by offering a replacement disc the way they did for Madden.

I am so glad that ESPN is as good as it is, or I'd be really upset by this. With the bugs fixed, MVP could be a very nice game. This is one case where I say Sdrew EA. I sold my copy of MVP long ago, and I'll be sure to wait 2 weeks after release next year so I don't get taken again.

Well not to stick up for them. But Madden is there biggest seller, and the bug in Madden was only on the Xbox version.

To send out replacement disks to Xbox & PS2 owners would cost serious cash, I wouldn't expect them to do it, which is the sole reason I return my Xbox version and got the PC one.