NCAA 2003 - Minor Gripes

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA 2003 - Minor Gripes

Post by davet010 »

Having just finished my first season (12-1 and a Citrus Bowl win with my created school..MC U), I have some minor queries which you guys may be able to assist me with.
<BR>
<BR>1. Recruiting...I´m now a 4* school, but find it really hard to recruit. Has anyone written an idiots guide (I went to Uni over here in the UK, so the entire concept is alien to me).
<BR>
<BR>2. Why don´t you find out where your graduating players went to ? I´m sure NCAA 99 on the PC told you at least something. It would also help me understand why my JR halfback and SS left
<BR>
<BR>3. Is there any guide as to how the bowl system works ? At present, it´s about as straightforward as the Argentinian Premier Division..
<BR>
<BR>I know you guys may now be spending your time on the pro games (which are hopefully winging their way across the Atlantic to me as we speak), but I do enjoy this game.
<BR>
<BR>Cheers guys<BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: davet010 on 22-08-2002 13:33 ]</font>
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA 2003 - Minor Gripes

Post by Leebo33 »

Dave:
<BR>
<BR>http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/about/
<BR>
<BR>Try out this link. It may at least help you understand the BCS part of the bowl system.
<BR>
<BR>Leebo
<BR>
Gamertag: Leebo33

Neckthai
Starting 5
Starting 5

NCAA 2003 - Minor Gripes

Post by Neckthai »

Dave,
<BR>
<BR>Simply put, if an underclassmen leaves early, he likely turned professional and could be exported to the Madden game. It´s a big deal here with college athletes leaving early. It´s somewhat akin to snatching the top players from lower division clubs in football.
<BR>
<BR>The way the bowls work outside of the BCS are they line up allegiances with the various football conferences and the conference will slot a certain finisher in the table (Example... SEC 2 will fave Big 12 2 the Citrus Bowl) Those without tie-ins have at-large bids. A team must have at least a winning record (6 or 7 wins) to be considered "bowl eligible"
<BR>
<BR>Hope that helps
<BR>
<BR>Arni<BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Neckthai on 22-08-2002 21:06 ]</font>

RustedWalleye
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

NCAA 2003 - Minor Gripes

Post by RustedWalleye »

Neckthai,
<BR>
<BR>Unless I read your post wrong, no Gameshark is needed to export NCAA Draft Class to Madden, just save to memory card and import in Madden when asked.
<BR>
<BR>As far as recruiting goes, start with your home state (state where college is located) your best chance recruits are there. With a 4 star school you should get some decent recruits. After that I go straight out and look at all the recruits and go by position. You have so many points to use each week/round as to how interested you are in a particular prospect. If you actually click on the prospect to send head coach/asst coach to visit them you will see a bar at the top. If its really small your chances are very slim with this recruit. If its in the pink you can easily sway this recruit to your school with enough attention (and if it looks like this recruit will fit in/get playing time if they are a high star).
<BR>
<BR>My created team is a 5 star school that had finished 12-1 and finished ranked #4. I had a lot of recruits wanting to come to the school, but if I went after 2 high star recruits for the same position I normally lost both of them. If I went after only one I got them no problem.
<BR>
<BR>This is best of what I have seen. Last couple nights I have been simming seasons and messing with the recruiting and these are some of the similiarities I have seen.
<BR>
<BR>Maddens drafting is interesting. I really enjoy the key on 15 players and get tons of info on them. 75% of the info is actually legit and helps in making a final decision IMO.
<BR>
<BR>Hope this isnt too confusing. Wrote it rather quickly without re-reading.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>