NHL Playoffs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NHL Playoffs

Post by Sudz »

--I'm am so glad that Kovalev's faking directly led to a Bruin win. I've been hit like that 500 times and never stopped like he did looking for a call. Don't even get me started on Mike "roll around the ice like a broad" Ribeiro. Interesting to see how his teammates have backed off of blaming him.

--I thought Dallas was going to be a force...i was so wrong. They are getting DOMINATED by Colorado.

--St. Louis. Forget it. San Jose is all over them.

--St. Louis, Martin. Early Hart trophy candidate.

--What is up with Detroit? If they lose to Nashville in the 1st then they have to make some changes.

--If there is a lockout and Jagr goes and plays in the Russian League (he has a deal in place) what is the over under on days before a Russian mob boss breaks his legs for failing to pay a large betting debt? i say 45.

--I miss my NHL package. The ESPN coverage has sucked this year. Ratings are down and the threat of lockout is killing the league.

--Vancouver is not the same team without Bertuzzi.

--BRING BACK THE PLAYOFF BEARD.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL Playoffs

Post by XXXIV »

Sudz wrote:--I'm am so glad that Kovalev's faking directly led to a Bruin win. I've been hit like that 500 times and never stopped like he did looking for a call. Don't even get me started on Mike "roll around the ice like a broad" Ribeiro. Interesting to see how his teammates have backed off of blaming him.
I like the Habs but I gotta agree.
Kovalev got what he deserved.... Justice. What a tool.

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

I wouldn't say Dallas is getting dominated by Colorado.
I think Turco isn't playing up to snuff, and at the end of these playoffs for the Stars, he really has to be looked at as a long-term goaltender, because this is the second playoffs in a row that he's looked merely ordinary. I think Dallas got done what they needed to get done in game three, and in game four here they're doing allright despite being down 2-1. They still look in it, and it would be 1-1 or better if it weren't for Turco. His save percentage is awful these playoffs. He's not seeing much rubber, and yet he's being very, very average.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

All that matters is that my Sens beat the Leafs... first things first.

They just have to figure out Belfour, which they seem to have done tonight. Gotta keep that up.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

And the Flyers are that much closer to driving the final nail into the defending champions coffin. :) It will be time to finish them off on Saturday and finally get that monkey off their back.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

OILERS !!!! ........................................(chirp chirp)

Cincinnati_Kid
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Cincinnati_Kid »

Go Lightning !!!
http://thecincinnatikid.blogspot.com

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

Bruins vs. Habs
Thorton is just now coming back to form and put up his first decent minutes in tuesday's game... hopefully tonight he'll put a point on the board. Raycroft has been very solid, then brilliant when he needs to be. This really is a growing year for the whole team in the playoffs as Lapointe is main one who has been on the roller coaster of pressure and emotion for more than one round before.

Philly vs. Devils
Didn't see this one coming at all. Good luck Philly, the sooner Brodeur is out of the playoffs the better.

Lightning vs. Islanders
If Brodeur is early out and so many others are left with playoff-green goalies, Bulin wall could really seize the moment and dominate.

Toronto vs. Ottawa
Incredible back and forth series = 7th game thriller

Detroit vs. Predators
I figured Detroit would have an early exit due to goalie trouble... didn't think it would be this early though. I thought they could handle nashville even with trouble in net, but Vokoun has taken the opportunity to stand up and stop every thing coming his way.

Colorado vs. Stars
Turco has been off his game so far, but the Avs have also kicked it into a higher gear from their late season funk.

Canucks vs. Calgary
Bertuzzi incident cost team much more money in playoff revenue than the fine.

San Jose vs. Blues
Blues should have backed off and let the Oilers in. Another early exit will be worse for the team than not making it would have been.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Go Leafs Go! Although I agree that they got soundly dominated by the Sens yesterday. I think this one's going to game 7 as well... previously I thought 6.

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: NHL Playoffs

Post by skidmark »

Sudz wrote: --I miss my NHL package. The ESPN coverage has sucked this year.
At least ESPN gets camera angles right, I was flipping back and forth between coverages because the Center Ice coverage kept featuring the back of fans heads late in the game.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

The playoffs really show that in video sports games hockey is by far the least like it's real life counterpart. They are getting better but still not even close.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

laurenskye wrote:The playoffs really show that in video sports games hockey is by far the least like it's real life counterpart. They are getting better but still not even close.
Yeah, tell me about it. The only thing that they've really got down is the look, and the basic moves of hockey players. Even basic things like receiving passes realistically still hasn't been down to a 'T' yet.

ESPN NHL 2K5 I think will bring a ton of goodness to the table though. Puck movement seems to be getting better with each year (i.e. cycling, and stuff like that) and I think with 2K5 we'll see a ton of improvements to the gameplay instead of the mainly graphical facelift that 2K4 received from 2K3.

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

I really do hate the two referee system, it really disturbs the flow in a game, it's not needed.