ASB Delay at Gamestop????

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

ASB Delay at Gamestop????

Post by grtwhtsk »

The date at Gamestop shows an ETA of 3/24 now instead of 3/23. I am confused as the "Just Arrived" section shows ASB as 3/23. I just checked EB's site and they still have 3/23. Anyone know anything?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's happened before with games...a one day delay. That usually means they get it the correct day (wed.) anyway.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

When I was in Game Stop the other day, the salesman said they were due in the 24th. Not sure this was ever changed.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

I just got off the phone with the manager at my local Gamestop, and she said they will have it tomorrow. I sure hope so!

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Fo r those getting ASB can someone make a mental note to check for these 2 items:

1) The flyball/groundball ratio. Last year almost everything was a flyball

2) The zone hitting bug (everything goes to the middle of the field)?

If these two things have been addressed I may have to give ASB another chance. It sounds like other things have been taken care of, like pitch speeds and baserunning AI.

Three months ago I was set on ESPN and nothing else. Now I'm right in the middle of where I did not want to be: analyising every game to (hopefully) find the one gem that will satisfy me this season. I swear I need professional help ;)
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Welcome to the world of baseball game addiction Matt...

Every year someone says they are only going with X game and every year, that person tries all of em. It goes with the territory...baseball is a great game like that.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Welcome to the world of baseball game addiction Matt...

Every year someone says they are only going with X game and every year, that person tries all of em. It goes with the territory...baseball is a great game like that.
That's no s***. It has become an addiction to me. I hope EB gets ASB to me while I am watching Arsenal play live tomorrow,talk about a good day!

I doubt I'll see it tomorrow,my status at EB still says my order is open. :(
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I called the Gamestop on Broadway in good ol' NYC, they say ASB has been pushed back to early April for both systems. I don't know how this is possible, seeing as the game went gold for Xbox, but the local Gamestop employees often give me dire news that turns out to be unfounded. It must be a hobby of theirs.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Slumberland wrote:I called the Gamestop on Broadway in good ol' NYC, they say ASB has been pushed back to early April for both systems. I don't know how this is possible, seeing as the game went gold for Xbox, but the local Gamestop employees often give me dire news that turns out to be unfounded. It must be a hobby of theirs.
EB's website has it as shipping. Also Acclaim released a press release saying it had shipped.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

They must have confused it with ESPN.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Welcome to the world of baseball game addiction Matt...

Its like trying to find the Holy Grail.
I keep trying em cause one day ,and that day may never come, I will buy one I actually like for more than 3 days.

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

I am trying to find a game with a multiuser dynasty and go from there. So far only MLB has a 2 person multiuser dynasty.

Might have to settle with ESPN's up to 30 user Season mode..

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

I just called my local Gamestop and one of the Assistant Managers told me that the game is supposed to come in today, but it isn't "active" in their system. Therefore he said he's not sure whether it will be today. What the heck is going on there? I was told to call back between 1 and 2 today (CT), and that he would know by then if he was getting it. I am really pissed off at this lack of knowledge on their parts.

Anybody else try their local Gamestop stores? I have no EB here, so I'm going to be pretty pissed if it doesn't come in today.

I have no idea why the communication is so bad with these Gamestop stores. Can't they call a regional manager or something like that? Brent, you around bud? If anyone would know, I know you would.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

I am very MAD! My Gamestop just told me that they went through their shipment and they did not receive ASB. It is also still not active in their system. With no EB in this area, I am royally screwed.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Ouch Steve...hope it shows up at my house this afternoon.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I just ran out to Gamestop at lunch hoping to cash in on their $30 ad price. It was Gamestop that had the ad oops, not EB, right?

Well, first off, the guy kept telling me it was due in next week. After correcting him twice, he checked and said it was due in tomorrow. Nothing today, the shipment was already opened and no ASB.

So then he tries talking me into preordering it by putting $5 down for it tomorrow. He said they already ran out of Splinter Cell, so preordering would insure I'd get a copy. I thought that was funny seeing as how he was standing right in front of 6 copies on the shelf.

So then I ask him for a print ad (to use over at EB to get the $30 price). He said what ads? He then told me I must be thinking of EB. I said "I am now", and walked out.

Guess I'll have to fork over the $40 at EB after work tonight.
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Just tracked my order and the bad boy is on the delivery truck. Wohoo!

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Just tracked my order and the bad boy is on the delivery truck. Wohoo!
Lucky man Scott. I am still fuming, and will for a long time I'm sure!