OT: World Rally Marathon on Speed

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Guys:
<BR>
<BR>I know New Year´s Day is all about college football, but if you want a break from the pigskin hysteria and another meaningless bowl game, check out the World Rally Championship Marathon on Speed.
<BR>
<BR>Speed is showing all of its WRC event wrap-up shows from the 2002 season -- all 14 events, I think -- all day New Year´s Day.
<BR>
<BR>Those who like the WRC will dig this marathon. Those who are curious about WRC due to rally videogames should at least check this out. Fantastic racing TV and a great form of motorsport.
<BR>
<BR>Happy New Year,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Too bad the Rally Marathon was on Speed Channel. I dropped them last year when I got fed up with their unlimited commercials. I could set my watch by their commercials.
<BR>
<BR>Every 3 minutes of Formula 1 coverage they would break into commercials for 2 minutes. I could understand if it was free but I was paying for it.
<BR>
<BR>The day I pulled the plug on Speed Channel was during the Monaco GP. I watched Ben Edwards call the race on ABC. 25 minutes of race coverage then ABC took a commercial break for a couple of minutes.
<BR>
<BR>Speed Channel needs to fix this glaring problem before I pay for their over abundance of commercials.
<BR>
<BR>Sorry for the rant pk. I love watching the WRC. I have a lot of respect for those cats. I hope you enjoyed it.