OT: Great new album

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hi all:
<BR>
<BR>About a month ago at the SR Forum, I started a post in which I named the best new albums I´ve heard this year. Wilco´s "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and Sigur Ros´ "Agaetis Byrjun" comprised my list.
<BR>
<BR>Well, I have a new one to add: Coldplay´s "A Rush of Blood to the Head."
<BR>
<BR>This is a fantastic album. I listened to every song for the first time this morning, and there´s not a bad tune on the record. In fact, all are fantastic. And I´m one of those music fans who usually warms up to an album after a few listens -- I hardly ever fall head-over-heels in gushing love with a record after the first listen.
<BR>
<BR>Well, man, I love "A Rush of Blood to the Head" after just one listen through.
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK <BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: pk500 on 21-08-2002 10:45 ]</font>
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I heard one last night-12 Stones. These guys are GOOD! Highly recommended.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

NovaStar
Mario Mendoza

Post by NovaStar »

PK, I don´t know if this qualifies as a new album, but it is the first time I have heard the actual album. "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. Man, I put that baby in the car and was simply blown away. The last track "Shine on You Craxy Diamond Part 2" has got to be the all time best air guitar record ever made. I used to think "Hotel California" by the Eagles and Sweet child of mine by "Guns and Roses" oh, and Knee Deep by Parliament Funkadelic had the best air guitars, but this PInk Floyd record blows them all away in my opinion.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Nova:
<BR>
<BR>Ah, I remember the first time I heard "Wish You Were Here." It was 1982, and I was 17.
<BR>
<BR>Blew me away just like it did you. Timeless record.
<BR>
<BR>Enjoy!
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

These are both a couple of months old. But the new DJ Shadow album ("The Private Press") and the new Flaming Lips ("Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots") are most excellent.
<BR>
<BR>And "Point" by Cornelius. Saw him in concert a few weeks ago...an incredible show.
<BR>
<BR>Jared
Forum moderation: DEFCON 2

Neckthai
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Neckthai »

I´ve heard nothing but good things about Yankee Hotel Foxtrot... I may have to give it a listen at some point.
<BR>
<BR>I´m digging the new disc by Nickel Creek right now. They are sorta alterna-newgrass. They aren´t really country, not really bluegrass. But they are really good.