I like the challenge that 2k3 gives me but they still have s

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

NovaStar
Mario Mendoza

Post by NovaStar »

I have both Madden(ps2) and 2k3(xbox) and I honestly feel that 2k3 just gives you that nfl challenge, so I like it better for that reason. However, I feel that sega really has to tighten up certain things that are just unacceptable(well I accept them) First, I noticed on a run by faulk (I play as the rams 1-1 in preseason) that the defensive lineman actually went through my offensive lineman, that´s right through! I replayed it a sure enough it happened. Secondly, the browns were going for a field goal, I accidentally had punt return as a play. The AI missed the field goal but since I was in punt return my man caught the ball in the endzone, all of a sudden I start running a get tackled at the 5 yardline! A missed punt should have given me the ball at the spot of the ball. Anyway, these are the only two things I have noticed thus far. I still say all in all 2k3 just gives me that "okay you better get serious if you want to win" kind of challenge, whereas with Madden, I just know that If I want to win I can.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Nova:
<BR>
<BR>I may be wrong, but my understanding of NFL rules says a missed field goal can be returned if it doesn´t cross the end line or doesn´t touch the ground.
<BR>
<BR>Am I nuts here, boys?
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Don´t know about that, Paul, but I know this:
<BR>I gotta give a shout out to my boy Nova! What´s happenin´,bro!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BINGO, boys, I was right (that´s rare, trust me.). From the rules section of NFL.com:
<BR>
<BR>13. Defensive team may advance all kicks from scrimmage (including unsuccessful field goal) whether or not ball crosses defensive team’s goal line. Rules pertaining to kicks from scrimmage apply until defensive team gains possession.
<BR>
<BR>How about that?
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

NovaStar
Mario Mendoza

Post by NovaStar »

What´s up Tealboy? It is good to see you here as well. I just had to come over here and give PK support in his current endeavor since we are both New yorkers. But beyond that, PK is good people. Now, wow! I just gained a better appreciation of the game. I didn´t know that you could advance a missed field goal! I always thought that if it was blocked you could. I have never seen that happen before, my apologies to Sega. Thanks PK.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah- that´s good attention to detail!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood