Thinking about buying a X-Box

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

stolf1
Mario Mendoza

Post by stolf1 »

Thinking about trading my PS2 for X-Box. Mainly for Inside Drive and that tennis game also Fever sounds cool. Anyway I heard a price drop is comming but I dont want to wait until may. Is it worth it. Is X-Box Live really 70 bucks o play online that is awful steep. Also I heard Rivals was OK.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2004-02-02 20:06, stolf1 wrote:
<BR>Thinking about trading my PS2 for X-Box. Mainly for Inside Drive and that tennis game also Fever sounds cool. Anyway I heard a price drop is comming but I dont want to wait until may. Is it worth it. Is X-Box Live really 70 bucks o play online that is awful steep. Also I heard Rivals was OK.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Ahh peer pressure.... Buy it!
<BR>
<BR>Just stay away from Fever or at least rent first. Read and Lead is interesting but it still needs work along with many other aspects of the game.
<BR>
<BR>$70 gets you the headset and a year of service and is well worth it. Personally I think it is a bargin since you are really only paying $49.99 for a year of service. 13 cents a day and they are adding more options soon with the 3rd version of XBL coming down the road.
<BR>
<BR>While others dislike Top Spin I still play it a few times a week. Eagerly awaiting the sequel.
<BR>
<BR>Inside Drive is well... The best basketball game on the market. Sure it does not have a ton of frills, 24/7 mode or the best set of shoes offered in a video game but it plays so smoothly you will have a hard time playing anything else.
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

seanmac
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by seanmac »

Stay away from Fever, but the ESPN NFL experience is so much better than on the PS2 that it´s like another Xbox exclusive. ESPN NFL, Inside Drive, Rainbow Six and PGR2 are probably all must haves for their Live play.
<BR>
<BR>Unless you are a WE nut, go ahead and take the plunge. You won´t miss your PS2 at all.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Unless you can´t live without Winning Eleven, EA Sports games online, or any of the other PS2 exclusives then I can´t imagine you regretting a PS2/Xbox swap.
<BR>
<BR>I wouldn´t consider Inside Drive or Top Spin "system sellers", but the whole package of some pretty good exclusives (Halo, PGR2, KOTOR), Xbox Live, and the improved sound/graphics/hard drive/load times make it worth it IMO.
Gamertag: Leebo33

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Remember that there´s a rumor of price cuts around E3 in May. Of course there were price cut rumors last year which never panned out.
<BR>
<BR>So you can get a new system cheaper if you wait but then again, you can probably get more for your used system before the price cut.

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2004-02-02 20:06, stolf1 wrote:
<BR>Is X-Box Live really 70 bucks o play online that is awful steep.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>If you´re thinking about getting an xbox without live, than I don´t think it´s worth it for you to do a system swap. The Live service and gaming line is what vaults the xbox over the ps2, imo.
<BR>
<BR>Toper
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Toper331][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Toper331.jpg[/img][/url]

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Ive sold 2 PS2s. So I think its the way to go.
<BR>
<BR>These are my favorite XBOX games in no order.
<BR>
<BR>ESPN NFL
<BR>Moto GP 2
<BR>KOTOR
<BR>Rainbow Six 3
<BR>PGR 2
<BR>Crimson Skies
<BR>
<BR>Except for KotOR they are all great on Live.
<BR>
<BR>Also worth a look are
<BR>
<BR>Top Spin and ESPN NBA
<BR>
<BR>