NFL Officials Suck!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Officials Suck!

Post by XXXIV »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2004-01-18 16:32, kevinpars wrote:
<BR>I could care less who wins the AFC, but after watching New England grabbing jersies on offense and defense all day, all I can figure is that the penalty sliders were turned all the way down.
<BR>
<BR>That game was officiated like an NBA game. All the calls (or in this case non-calls) went the home team´s way.
<BR>
<BR>Dungy never got the calls in Tampa and he evidently doesn´t get them in Indy.
<BR>
<BR>What horseshit. NE has a great defense, but when someone grabs the receivers jersey and you can see the jersey move when it´s grabbed, it´s defensive holding or pass interference.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>I think its smart coaching.
<BR>NE knows that the refs will let you play in championship games. They push the envelope.
<BR>The Pats used the same tactics when they beat the Rams in the SB.
<BR>
<BR>

TheFormerBrett44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

NFL Officials Suck!

Post by TheFormerBrett44 »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2004-01-19 12:45, pk500 wrote:
<BR>DB:
<BR>
<BR>Eagles´ fans are no worse than fans in Boston, New York or Chicago.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>But then again, they booed Santa Claus in Philly.
<BR>
<BR>Brett

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Officials Suck!

Post by davet010 »

Soccer hooliganism has passed its heydey in the UK - the police are much better organised, and there are only occasional ´organised´ disturbances - Millwall v Cardiff spring to mind.
<BR>
<BR>As for drinking near grounds, you just have to be a bit careful, but given that some of the grounds are in dodgy areas anyway, that would be the case even if it wasn´t match day. Certainly I wouldn´t go boozing near City´s ground if it wasn´t match day.
<BR>
<BR>Part of the issue is to do with the proximity of the teams, and the small towns they are from.. I once worked out that I could reach about 15 different league grounds in an hour from home, so travelling support of 4-5,000 every week in Man City´s case is the norm. This was a problem when we were in Div 2, when we played against teams and outnumbered the home support.
<BR>
<BR>According to experts, the current hoolie hotspots are
<BR>
<BR>Italy
<BR>Holland
<BR>Argentina
<BR>Russia
<BR>Greece (Away supporters are now officially banned from ALL fixtures).
<BR>
<BR>Leebo´s comments about colours are pretty much the same over here, but the current scale of hoolie activity is somewhat overstated.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Officials Suck!

Post by grtwhtsk »

I agree, the calls and lack of calls was ridiculous. I kept looking for the "flags" and was shocked when I saw the replays. Given that though, the Pats took advantage of that and I commend them for doing so.