NFL 2k3 gets better every game

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

NoJoke
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by NoJoke »

After a few test games at Rookie I figured it was time to kick it up to Pro and start a season. My last rookie game was Bengals v. Jets, with me as the Bengals. Dillion ran wild . . . 30 carries for 230 yards, in a Bengals win.
<BR>
<BR>First game of my new season and I´m the bears. Running the 46 defense gets good pressure on the QB, even scored a couple of sacks.
<BR>
<BR>Here´s why I like 2k3. Tie score 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I´m forced to punt, but luckily the Vikings return man lets the ball bounce at the 10, and then it rolls to the one. First down, they run and Urlacher just misses getting a safety. Next play they ty to run again, and Ted Washington hits Bennett in the end zone and Urlacher comes and finishes him off for the safety. 16-14 good guys.
<BR>
<BR>Vikings kickoff and I go three and out, but my punt pins them deep again. First play from scrimmage Urlacher drops into a zone and picks off a pass, and runs it back for a TD. The guy is a monster. His game 1 sack, 1 tackle for a loss that resulted in a safety, 1 int returned for a TD.
<BR>
<BR>Anyway super exciting game, and I´m loving more each time I play. I especially like how you can have a four minute drive. With last year´s Madden I felt like I would either score or not in one minute. Anyway, that´s my two cents.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

NJ:
<BR>
<BR>Welcome aboard. Glad you´re here.
<BR>
<BR>Very interesting insight on NFL 2K3. I´m getting the same impression -- every game feels different. With Madden 2002 and 2003, I felt like most games were "paint by numbers" and fairly predictable. I´d get a lead, computer would rally in the second half, game would end tight.
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

NoJoke
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by NoJoke »

Pk- Good to be aboard. Thanks for the welcome.
<BR>
<BR>I agree with your paint by numbers analogy. I think that has to do with the control each game gives the gamer. With Madden (last years) I didn´t really need to control my players as much to make catches and interceptions. With 2K3 you have to. I think the added involvement lends itself to more variety in game play. Sometimes I make the big play, sometimes (more often than not), I won´t. But at least its me and not the cpu making things happen.

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

I have to agree also. I have had no 2 games be simliar in NFL2k3 and I´ve played now about 15 - 20 games total. Also, I don´t know if this is intended by the programmers, but I have experienced real game situations in 2k3 that I haven´t for a while on a console game. Things like fumbles happening at critical junctures in a game , or those little plays here and there that make such a huge difference in a football game.<BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Templehorn on 21-08-2002 12:02 ]</font>