I cannot lie to myself any longer......

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

I cannot lie to myself any longer......

Post by Lancer »

I am very close to making a very difficult admittance. I've always been an xbox guy from day 1. I was with all you on SR when xbox live launched day one 20+ some years ago. I remembered we played NHL2K online for my first xbox live game. There was NCAA football and College hoops , Madden and NFK 2K, and a ton of racers we all played during the SR days online on xbox live. Yes, I was also a XBOX fanboy for many years too. Arguing for Xbox even when I knew I was in the wrong side of the argument when it came to PS2 vs XBOX , PS3 vs XB360, etc....

But now......it's hard for me to admit...but it's the truth.....I can't lie to myself any longer......PS5 is better than Xbox. It was difficult for me to type that just now. I'm sort of still in denial and it's not the new toy feeling after 2 days. Just Spiderman 2 and GT7 blew everything away I have on Xbox Series X. Gamepass is the only thing the XBX has over PS5 that counts. But the PS5 is so great!

Now I"m in a videogame mid life crisis asking myself did I cheat myself the last 2 years of PS5? That haptic feedback just changes everything. I now want to try MLB THE SHOW, MADDEN, NHL, PGA, all of the sports games on PS5. All those are free thru gamepass but I may go out and buy those games on PS5 now just to experience the haptic feedback! It's crazy yes but that's how much of a leap in the gaming experience the PS5 controller makes!

I guess we should have listened to sportdan all this time. Sudz and Diablo too. There were others too but i can't remember their names right now. But mainly sportdan as He's been a Playstation guy going back 20 years.

First world problems I know.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: I cannot lie to myself any longer......

Post by sportdan30 »

Welcome to the dark side of DSP. Haha, just kidding. I appreciate both consoles as they both have their unique qualities. The Xbox has been rock steady for a great number of years, game pass being their strongest asset. And their Xbox Live is top notch, but I don't care for multiplayer games all too much. Sony just kills it when it comes to single player games. It's not even a competition at this point. Besides the Forza and Halo series, which has grown a bit long in the tooth now, what else is there at MS? Bethesda? Yeah, I suppose but those games don't appeal to me anymore. Honestly, I'm not gaming as hardcore as I did even a year or two ago. But when I get that itch to play something, 95 percent of the time I reach for the PS5 controller. I know I'm going to be playing a high quality game.

Enjoy the new console!

In the end, they both provide a little something different, which is great for the gaming industry.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My favorite parts of gaming are multiplayer with friends and randoms, and a big library of games to play at any time for one price per month, like Netflix.

For those two parameters, Xbox wipes the PlayStation's floor. Also, Microsoft is releasing an Xbox One controller with haptic feedback supposedly next spring. Late, but at least not never.

Horses for courses. Glad you're enjoying your new rig.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

For the games I play online (mostly), cross-platform online gaming becoming a thing is huge. Madden, CoD, and others I'm forgetting allow me to play friends on PS5/XBX without having to be on the same system.

I do think Sony gets a bad wrap for lacking in the online gaming department. They've come a long way since the days of PS3, where XBOX did wipe the floor with them. Tomato Potato ... both systems are very similar when it comes to online and with the aforementioned cross-platform gaming, it's a moot point for all intents and purposes. There are exceptions, of course, in some platform exclusive online experiences, but the main difference maker comes in their exclusive single player games.
GT = Wilk5280

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:44 am
Sony just kills it when it comes to single player games.
this right here. If I just want an old school single player experience PS5 is it.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:42 pm
My favorite parts of gaming are multiplayer with friends and randoms, and a big library of games to play at any time for one price per month, like Netflix.

For those two parameters, Xbox wipes the PlayStation's floor. Also, Microsoft is releasing an Xbox One controller with haptic feedback supposedly next spring. Late, but at least not never.

Horses for courses. Glad you're enjoying your new rig.
Yes I am also looking forward to the haptic xbox controller. It'll be interesting to see how it compares w/ PS5 and if the developers can easily port over the haptic features in the PS5 version over to the Xbox version.

I didn't really understand how big a deal gamepass I started visiting PS5 forums. Alot of the talk these days in those PS5 forums is about black friday deals. For example, some posts are looking for BF savings for games like Lies of P - I read that and was like damn, that game is are free on gamepass.

But even with gamepass, the experience I am feeling w/ PS5 just 2/3 days is off the charts.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:53 pm
There are exceptions, of course, in some platform exclusive online experiences, but the main difference maker comes in their exclusive single player games.
I read that Marvel offered the Spider Man series exclusively to Xbox but MS turned it down. What a complete failure of a decision. All these kids these days are moving consoles because of that SpiderMan game.

I'm not into the super hero movies and games but even I am blown away at the quality of the spiderman 2 game. That's what you call success when you get players playing games they'd never even consider trying.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Gamepass makes it a no brainer for someone like me on the Xbox. Only games I guy now are the Golf Club and the FIFA series. Everything else I just wait for Gamepass to release.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

how do you all keep your ps5's clean? I have so much dust on my ps4 I just cleaned it tonight and it's like a sandstorm. Can't believe this thing still works with this massive dust buildup.

Just old fashioned dust brush the answer? I get a little nervous using a dust brush as I'm afraid something will get caught into the console components.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Tried out the following ea games on ps5 -

Madden 24 - like using the ps5 controller

NHL 24 - liked the Xbox controller more

FC 24 - draw

Conclusion - these EA games are trash. Compared to the Sony first party games it’s not even close. I get it now when ppl say they get PS5 for first party sony games.

Anyone recommend GOW the new one?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:45 am
Conclusion - these EA games are trash. Compared to the Sony first party games it’s not even close. I get it now when ppl say they get PS5 for first party sony games.
Silly comparison. How many sports games does Sony make besides The Show, which is available for free on GamePass? And don't compare GT7 to F1 2023 -- there is no comparison. One is a car collecting and upgrading game like Forza; the other is a licensed game recreating a real series.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:40 pm
Lancer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:45 am
Silly comparison. How many sports games does Sony make besides The Show, which is available for free on GamePass? And don't compare GT7 to F1 2023 -- there is no comparison. One is a car collecting and upgrading game like Forza; the other is a licensed game recreating a real series.
Well we lucked out - F1 2023 is free to play this weekend on xbox. I'll download and give it a shot

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Kids came home for Thanksgiving and these MF's saw I got a PS5 and played LITERALLY 12 hours straight. I kid you not. They started this s*** after Thanksgiving dinner around 9pm, then did an all nighter until 930am.

I hope this s*** doesn't blow up or overheat. But fingers crossed so far so good it's still working.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So I bought a bunch of PS5 games for the BF deals and some of these games are enormous GB.

I understand to add memory to the PS5 you can buy a external memory and install it to the bottom of the PS5. I've read to make sure you also buy it with a heatsink.

One thing I don't understand is how to transfer the games to the new memory card. Are the current games saved to the memory card on the PS5 now or is it saved to an internal memory? If it's internal memory, then i can see how it's easy to transfer. But if it's external to external, how does that work?

Is it like XBOX SSD? The games save on the internal XB SSD and then the expansion memory SSD is the little card you buy and is saved separately.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I added memory last week and it just makes the internal storage go from 1 TB to 2 TB. It’s not a “card”. Its internal memory. Storage is just listed as one HD after it is installed.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:42 am
I added memory last week and it just makes the internal storage go from 1 TB to 2 TB. It’s not a “card”. Its internal memory. Storage is just listed as one HD after it is installed.
So you’re not replacing anything just adding?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Yes you are just adding more memory.

I was mistaken in my description before. In settings it lists the default/Console storage and then below that is the new memory/HD I added. You can move games by going into either HD (Console HD or the added HD). Once in the chosen HD choose Games and Apps then whatever game you want to Move or Delete. When you hit X on whatever game you get the option to DELETE, MOVE or VIEW CONTENT. In the pic below on the left you will see CONSOLE STORAGE. Below that is my new memory M.2 SSD Storage. Below that is just a simple USB HD for my PS4 games. You can’t play PS5 games off a non SSD HD so I put all my PS4 games on the non SSD HD. No need to take up SSD space with older PS4 games.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GwSI-e ... p=drivesdk
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:28 pm
Yes you are just adding more memory.

I was mistaken in my description before. In settings it lists the default/Console storage and then below that is the new memory/HD I added. You can move games by going into either HD (Console HD or the added HD). Once in the chosen HD choose Games and Apps then whatever game you want to Move or Delete. When you hit X on whatever game you get the option to DELETE, MOVE or VIEW CONTENT. In the pic below on the left you will see CONSOLE STORAGE. Below that is my new memory M.2 SSD Storage. Below that is just a simple USB HD for my PS4 games. You can’t play PS5 games off a non SSD HD so I put all my PS4 games on the non SSD HD. No need to take up SSD space with older PS4 games.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GwSI-e ... p=drivesdk
cool man thanks. I didnt know how big these PS5 games were. I just bought the 1TB XBOX SSD when it went on sale mainly because flight sim takes up like 300GB on my XB alone. I have maybe 5 games now and I only have like 250GB left.

update - found an easy tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBXkJL79g4