Is it Redundant to own both XBX ans PS5?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Is it Redundant to own both XBX ans PS5?

Post by Lancer »

Where is sportdan at? I’d like to interview him.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:49 pm
LOL. I have both consoles still.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:05 pm
Lancer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:49 pm
LOL. I have both consoles still.
Hey sportdan, how are you doing. I had a few questions for you - you can respond back inline.

- As we all know, DSP is a very xbox centric forum. And you are a playstation guy. After years of being the butt of all jokes, gossip, behind the scenes messages, and the lack of respect, do you feel somewhat vindicated that you were right all along about being a PS guy?

- Do you hold any kind of animosity towards the xbox crowd here? I remember back on 360, on one of the weekly racing sessions, you're name was brought up and PK mocked you with 'Sportdan! He must be playing the PS3 version all by himself, HA-HA-HA-HA". This went on all night as PK was probably drunk like he was many gaming sessions during the 360 era. Did this hurt you? Do you think about this often? For the record I never participated in the mockery.

- Now that after all these 20 some years we know you were right all along, do you find a peaceful solace? or are you bitter wanting revenge? I'm sure it must feel good these days to come out on top. Do you high five yourself when you look at yourself in the mirror after you take a shower with 'I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG YOU DSP MF'S!'? Or you let bygones be bygones?

-How do you think this will effect your legacy? or others legacy's here? Is this something you can tell your grandkids when the day comes and make this experience in some kind of 'moral to the story'?

-what happened to the 34 guy , XXXIV - did he pass away?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

For the record, do I recall saying that about Dan? No. Did I? Probably. And it was all in good fun. Dan is a great guy, and I could give two f*cks about who plays what system.

"Right all along?" About what? Your preference of console is TOTALLY subjective. There is no right or wrong; it's what works for YOU. And who really gives a f*ck about what system you play? Are you having fun? Then fine. That's all that matters. This idea of "vindication" based on what system you choose is ridiculous.

This ranks right up there as the most bizarre thread of the last 10 years at DSP. It reeks of the console wars of the early 2000s, when everyone was on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo or Sega Island. We're well past that, right? God, I hope so.

I'm not an "Xbox guy." I'm a longtime, passionate video gamer who always owns only one system and has preferred Xbox for the last 20 years for many reasons. That doesn't make PlayStation a sh*t system and doesn't rule out me purchasing a PlayStation in the future if it makes sense for me. I have owned an Intellivision, 8-bit Nintendo, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, Dreamcast, Xbox, GameBoy, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox One Series X during my gaming "career." About the only console brand girl I haven't shagged is Atari, only because my cousin had one in the early 80s.

P.S.: XXXIV is still very much alive and well. Talk with him most Friday or Saturday nights when I crash the NHL 24 online party just to hang out with those cats.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I really don't understand the reason for that post either. I would imagine the main reason most people here play on Xbox because Xbox Live was the first console online service and still the best today when it comes to creating a party. As we get older, we tend to stick with something we are comfortable with and know. I've been on Xbox Live for over 20 years and still enjoy the simplicity of being able to play with people you want to game with.

Yes, there are certainly some Playstation exclusives I would like to play, but I don't have that kind of time to spend gaming like I once did. With GamePass and all the multi-platform games, I'm only able to get to a small percentage of games on the Xbox that I want to play. So the library is there for me on Xbox.

It sounds like there will be a PS5 Pro console being released next year, so it makes sense for me to wait for that if I opt to buy a Sony console for some of those games. But for now, I don't need a second console.

One last point, more and more games are having cross-play online, so playing on your console of preference is more important than being a "fanboy" of one company over the other. Microsoft and Sony have both made mistakes, but the competition between the two companies will only be better for gamers. People are starting to push back on unfinished games and games loaded with microtransactions. I'm hoping some of these publishers are seeing that if you make a quality game, people will buy it and want more of a good thing!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm
For the record, do I recall saying that about Dan? No. Did I? Probably. And it was all in good fun. Dan is a great guy, and I could give two f*cks about who plays what system.

"Right all along?" About what? Your preference of console is TOTALLY subjective. There is no right or wrong; it's what works for YOU. And who really gives a f*ck about what system you play? Are you having fun? Then fine. That's all that matters. This idea of "vindication" based on what system you choose is ridiculous.

This ranks right up there as the most bizarre thread of the last 10 years at DSP. It reeks of the console wars of the early 2000s, when everyone was on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo or Sega Island. We're well past that, right? God, I hope so.

I'm not an "Xbox guy." I'm a longtime, passionate video gamer who always owns only one system and has preferred Xbox for the last 20 years for many reasons. That doesn't make PlayStation a sh*t system and doesn't rule out me purchasing a PlayStation in the future if it makes sense for me. I have owned an Intellivision, 8-bit Nintendo, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, Dreamcast, Xbox, GameBoy, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox One Series X during my gaming "career." About the only console brand girl I haven't shagged is Atari, only because my cousin had one in the early 80s.

P.S.: XXXIV is still very much alive and well. Talk with him most Friday or Saturday nights when I crash the NHL 24 online party just to hang out with those cats.
were just joking around calm down lol

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

WTF???

Superior Man loves his PlayStation. Superior Man needs his PlayStation to stand up against all Xbox owners who have bullied the PlayStation owners here on DSP for far too long.

Sorry, carry on :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:22 pm
Uh-huh. You said publicly you wanted to interview Dan and devised a bunch of questions for him to answer, yet you were just joking around.

What's next, oceanfront property in Saskatchewan to sell me?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm
Lancer wrote:
Uh-huh. You said publicly you wanted to interview Dan and devised a bunch of questions for him to answer, yet you were just joking around.

PK just ignore him, this forum is on its last legs with barely any post daily and considering that I still have him on my ignore list :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:47 pm
PK just ignore him, this forum is on its last legs with barely any post daily and considering that I still have him on my ignore list :)
Sorry this joint is on weak legs for you. I still get information and meaningful conversations here, although the lack of activity probably reflects the point most of us are at in our lives and with gaming more than a reduced zeal for the hobby.

We're older, probably busier, maybe have other priorities, and -- let's face it -- there's not very much innovation happening any more in gaming either through hardware or software. Video gaming is a mature hobby after 40 years, and innovation is getting stale and sedate. Gaming is a lot like Hollywood -- software companies would rather play it safe with yet another sequel or some sort of licensed IP rather than innovate.

That said, I'm still feisty enough at 58 to engage and push back in here when I see fit. That happens a LOT less often than 15 or 20 years ago, but some sh*t still raises my hackles. :)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:47 pm
pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm
Lancer wrote:

You f***ers better not stop posting. I visit every day. Might not post daily, but we at least chime in every few weeks around a new game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer has been having conversations with himself for months now. Best to let that continue.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sorry for the delay in responding. The wife and I have been dealing with a nasty case of Covid for the last week. Finally turned the corner a day or two ago.

No, I don't have any animosity towards anyone on here (not even Danimal :lol: ). Paul's a great guy (I enjoy following you on X) and the few times over the years I've joined others from DSP online has been been a joy. I just prefer my single player games, which is why I tend to gravitate more towards the Playstation and their exclusives. But, it makes perfect sense why Xbox was more or less the preferred console of DSP. MS nailed online gaming during its infancy and did it extremely well.

It's been sad seeing this site slowing down over the past few years, but it's inevitable. I still check in almost daily. Always good to read a post from someone I've known online for over 20 years. Crazy.

All good Lancer. While your above post initially raised my eyebrows, I knew it was all in jest. Sometimes it's hard to convey sarcasm in a post.

As Victor Lucas from EPN says.."Play Forever".

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:20 pm
That said, I'm still feisty enough at 58 to engage and push back in here when I see fit. That happens a LOT less often than 15 or 20 years ago, but some sh*t still raises my hackles. :)
Reading this, it dawned on me that I'm now the same age you were when I first registered to post here in early 2004. I was young once. So full of dreams.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

GB_Simo wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:51 pm
pk500 wrote:
Reading this, it dawned on me that I'm now the same age you were when I first registered to post here in early 2004. I was young once. So full of dreams.
2004? try like 1998 - 2001 when Sports Reviewers was started (then succeeded by this site). Let's give SR the credit it deserved back then! :D

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 am
Sorry for the delay in responding. The wife and I have been dealing with a nasty case of Covid for the last week. Finally turned the corner a day or two ago.

No, I don't have any animosity towards anyone on here (not even Danimal :lol: ). Paul's a great guy (I enjoy following you on X) and the few times over the years I've joined others from DSP online has been been a joy. I just prefer my single player games, which is why I tend to gravitate more towards the Playstation and their exclusives. But, it makes perfect sense why Xbox was more or less the preferred console of DSP. MS nailed online gaming during its infancy and did it extremely well.

It's been sad seeing this site slowing down over the past few years, but it's inevitable. I still check in almost daily. Always good to read a post from someone I've known online for over 20 years. Crazy.

All good Lancer. While your above post initially raised my eyebrows, I knew it was all in jest. Sometimes it's hard to convey sarcasm in a post.

yes sportdan we all good! but you really should take your victory lap. just sayin' :lol:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Sportdan - FREE DLC from Sony for GOW:R - available on Dec 12!

https://www.theverge.com/23992967/god-o ... ame-awards

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

pk500 wrote:
You sad old f$ck :wink: But then again we are all turning into sad old f$cks, though I still have 4 fewer years on my odometer.

Contemplated getting the Spidey bundle this weekend but just not enough to drag me away from PC gaming the last 10 years. Pretty much everything on consoles is on PC these days, and Sony is slowly bringing titles to PC (likely will never get Gran Turismo, but then again I have moved on with a number of high quali5y PC si s).

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:46 am

I know I'm old (57) but I don't recall why we would have animosity towards each other SportsDan. You never made it to my ignore list which is pretty long :) However back in the day I was a colossal prick at times so I do apologize for any ill will.

Pretty much all my time gaming is on my PC, Steam Deck or Rog Alloy these days so I really don't care much about who is playing what console anymore. I only turn my XB1X on now because my Samsung TV Youtube TV app doesn't work right so I use the one on my Xbox. I can't remember the last time I actually played a game on it. Like PK said as we get older priorities change but this place always feels like home to me.

Some of my best gaming memories have been playing online with DSP guys. Teal, PK and me in Operation Flashpoint. Zeppo , Mixed and a host of others in Left for Dead and Ghost Recon. Terry and our Madden battles (I'll call them battles but he beat me on average 9 out of 10 times lol) and honestly I miss that a lot but I seldom have time for it. Even my PC online crew has evaporated due to kids, life etc and playing Lethal Company with rando's is not fun let me tell you never mind trying to compete in competitive online shooters.

I'll never stop gaming, keeps the mind sharp in my opinion and I'll never stop coming here until it goes away and when that day comes it's going to be a pretty sad one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Happy Holidays all!

Revising this old post.

Danimal, no worries. If there was ever animosity, it was very short lived....and all in fun.

I recently upgraded my pc, so I am actually going to be selling my Series X. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep both after all.