Starfield

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Starfield

Post by TCrouch »

For what it's worth, I think their implementation of New Game+ is pretty slick. I'm on my 5th playthrough at this point, and I'm finding that I'm playing more like "the character" and less "like me" with each run I make. Pretty wild.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Speaking of controllers Xbox announced a new controller coming out in May. Will have haptic feedback like ps5s

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

TCrouch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:36 am
For what it's worth, I think their implementation of New Game+ is pretty slick. I'm on my 5th playthrough at this point, and I'm finding that I'm playing more like "the character" and less "like me" with each run I make. Pretty wild.
Terry my friend, it's good to see that as much as things change here not everything changes. :D

And in case db is still a thread cop, I'm loving Starfied! Looks great, plays great, and holy crap does it sound great! Both the effects and especially the music are just exceptional.

Inventory management could use a bit of work, and the planets can be just the slightest bit same-y after a while, but those are small quibbles.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've only played about 45 minutes of this game because I have 177 hours into Baldur's Gate 3. I want to get to this but I can see myself playing through BG 3 at least once more. It's a shame Xbox didn't have the foresight to realize they were keeping the GOTY off their console just because of their insane policy on Series S and feature parity.

With that said the little I played seemed good but I was a little lost on how things worked out of the gate.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

RobVarak wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:57 pm
Terry my friend, it's good to see that as much as things change here not everything changes. :D

And in case db is still a thread cop, I'm loving Starfied! Looks great, plays great, and holy crap does it sound great! Both the effects and especially the music are just exceptional.

Inventory management could use a bit of work, and the planets can be just the slightest bit same-y after a while, but those are small quibbles.
100% lol...it took me about a dozen hours to really "get" what it was doing. I had my whole rig ready for the HOTAS and everything, thinking it was going to be something that it definitely isn't. It's not a space sim. it's just a sci-fi Bethesda RPG where you fast travel everywhere, but that's OK with me. I got really roped into the main campaign after a bit and steam-rolled it to the end.

But the way they implemented NG+ is incredible. It's also pretty damned nice how it has cross-save between PC and XBox, so I can just move rooms if I need to and pick up where I left off.

It's funny, though...I was doing a 3-player co-op through Baldur's Gate 3, and then this hit and it's all we've done. We still plan on going back to that soon, but I don't see myself putting Starfield down anytime soon until I get those 10 NG+ run-throughs done, at a minimum. Never done anything like that with any game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:35 pm
It's funny, though...I was doing a 3-player co-op through Baldur's Gate 3, and then this hit and it's all we've done.
I haven't done Co-op because I didn't want to miss out on all the character stories. Is it any good as a co-op game?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:48 pm
pk500 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:21 pm
fletcher21 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:04 pm
Appreciate it, Paul!

Is the default Xbox controller sufficient, or is it worth it to grab a pro?
The Pro controller is a total waste of money, IMO.
Have you had one? I've had both, along w the core and they are fantastic. Being able to modify all the buttons and dead zones and pair that with it being rechargable make it worth the 40 dollar upcharge for the core especially.
Yes. Bill (diablo25) was kind enough to give me one of his - very grateful. My son LOVED it and used it all the time. I just didn't see the value. The basic controller works fine for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:06 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:48 pm
pk500 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:21 pm

The Pro controller is a total waste of money, IMO.
Have you had one? I've had both, along w the core and they are fantastic. Being able to modify all the buttons and dead zones and pair that with it being rechargable make it worth the 40 dollar upcharge for the core especially.
Yes. Bill (diablo25) was kind enough to give me one of his - very grateful. My son LOVED it and used it all the time. I just didn't see the value. The basic controller works fine for me.
I love mine but the cost is fairly steep for what you get. The default controller is absolutely fine for damn near anything you want to do. The new controller from MS (leaked yesterday - see link below) should be even better than the current controller. It is supposed to be very similar to the PS5 with haptic feedback.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/19/2388 ... gn-refresh
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:46 pm
I've only played about 45 minutes of this game because I have 177 hours into Baldur's Gate 3. I want to get to this but I can see myself playing through BG 3 at least once more. It's a shame Xbox didn't have the foresight to realize they were keeping the GOTY off their console just because of their insane policy on Series S and feature parity.

With that said the little I played seemed good but I was a little lost on how things worked out of the gate.
I am 100% in agreement with you in terms of BG3. But I don't see any way in hell it will win goty in a year Zelda released. Tears of the kingdom was cool, but it absolutely felt like breath of the wild dlc. BG3 is my goty, but I would be very surprised to see it beating Zelda. CRPG are a very acquired taste, no matter how good the production or story is. Interesting to see what will happen.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fletcher21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:14 pm
I am 100% in agreement with you in terms of BG3. But I don't see any way in hell it will win goty in a year Zelda released. Tears of the kingdom was cool, but it absolutely felt like breath of the wild dlc. BG3 is my goty, but I would be very surprised to see it beating Zelda. CRPG are a very acquired taste, no matter how good the production or story is. Interesting to see what will happen.
I agree with everything you've said but I think the fact it took off, its concurrent users on Steam and all the other press might give it a shot. Whether it does or not I've been gaming for over 40 years and it's honestly the best game I've ever played. I just wish it has a tool set so people could make their own adventures.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:01 am
I didn’t know that. Def will try it now
There are actually two third person views. One right over the shoulder and one a bit further back.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As an avid racing gamer, I would happily pay extra for haptic feedback in a controller, while the adjustable triggers and remappable buttons of the current Elite controller don't do much for me.

Horses for courses!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:51 pm
As an avid racing gamer, I would happily pay extra for haptic feedback in a controller, while the adjustable triggers and remappable buttons of the current Elite controller don't do much for me.

Horses for courses!
MS says that will release in May 2024. Not sure the cost but I'm sure it'll have to be the same as the PS5 controller. Anyway it'll probably be packaged in with new Xbox Series Consoles.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:22 pm
pk500 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:51 pm

Horses for courses!
MS says that will release in May 2024. Not sure the cost but I'm sure it'll have to be the same as the PS5 controller. Anyway it'll probably be packaged in with new Xbox Series Consoles.
That’s what the article says.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Double post.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

started this tonight and really dont understand this game. so far in chapter 1 and its ok. i don't get the hoopla about it. Just another space shooter type game. what is supposed to be special about this game?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It took me about a dozen hours to really get into it.

But if you are looking for something as open as No Man's Sky or something, it's not it.

It's basically another "Bethesda RPG (TM)" with spaceship space travel. It got its hooks into me pretty good because I have enjoyed their style of RPG forever. But it's not exactly redefining a genre.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can someone help me get into this game? Everytime I play I get 30 minutes in and I'm bored. I feel like I'm being led place to place, everything seems like a set prop like Look at that awesome structure but you can't go in there.

Maybe I'm not far enough along but every session seems like Go to planet X, walk to ship, hit X to launch into space, look at space but don't actually fly anywhere, pick destination on star map, hit X to jump to destination, bring up star map, click on only landing spot, hit X to land, exit ship and walk to blue dot, do whatever I was asked. Rinse / Repeat.

There has to be more to the game right? I loved Skyrim, find Fall Outs boring but this is a new level of cut and paste Bethesda game.

Please tell me this opens up.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Hopefully you find the fun you seek.. I was bored to death.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's boring. I do the same thing...30 min...do a couple repetitive missions and log off. I don't get it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well I'm glad I'm not crazy or alone in my feelings. I can't believe they spent 10 years making this game.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I don't play these type of games but I got the same feeling that it was very boring. I tried it a few times last week too to see if I can get into it but nope. Even the graphics seem a bit dull and washed out.