Starfield

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Starfield

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Starfield

Post by Diablo25 »

I have the early access Gamepass upgrade (like $30). I am a huge space fan so I am excited for the game. I am like 4 hours in and have BARELY scratched the surface. I love what I see so far. Very cool experience. Supposedly the game really doesn’t take off until about 12 hours in :lol: I just watched a Starfield Beginners video on YouTube that does a good job with showing the basics of the game. I have to linked below if anyone wants to watch. I will be putting many hours into this game. It has been highly anticipated for me…maybe as much as RDR2.

https://youtu.be/Qhfkh006du4?si=NPZ3mstmLM5CT9wJ
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:52 am
I have the early access Gamepass upgrade (like $30). I am a huge space fan so I am excited for the game. I am like 4 hours in and have BARELY scratched the surface. I love what I see so far. Very cool experience. Supposedly the game really doesn’t take off until about 12 hours in :lol: I just watched a Starfield Beginners video on YouTube that does a good job with showing the basics of the game. I have to linked below if anyone wants to watch. I will be putting many hours into this game. It has been highly anticipated for me…maybe as much as RDR2.

https://youtu.be/Qhfkh006du4?si=NPZ3mstmLM5CT9wJ
Thanks for the link to the vid!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It releases on my birthday on GP.. cannot wait to dig in!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This astronomy and space exploration dork is very stoked to play this when it drops on GamePass.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:28 pm
This astronomy and space exploration dork is very stoked to play this when it drops on GamePass.
You and me both. The freedom to just hop in your ship, ignore a mission or quest, and go to whatever fn planet I want to snag some resources, is very cool. Example, I completed a small mission on a planet the other day but while I was there there was a bonus if I ‘scanned’ 8 different resources (iron, silver, etc.), 3 flora and 3 fauna. I got 7 of 8 resources but none of the others. So yesterday I decided to head back to the planet to scan for the flora and fauna. I just put the quest I was doing on hold, went to the galaxy map and headed back to the planet to scan what I needed. I got a small reward but it was satisfying. Plus I go to see another part of the planet (plus I landed at night). You have the ability to see what resources are on the planet once you get into its orbit. Very gratifying little adventure. Nerdy but fun.

You will love it Paul. And it s your favorite price - Gamepass “Free”. Love it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I haven't owned an Xbox since the 360, but I think I'm going to buy a series x for this game. And to replay all the Fallout games.

Can someone spoon feed me into on how gamepass works? I assume the hit titles like Starfield will be on there forever? Or do titles get removed after a certain time?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:27 pm
I haven't owned an Xbox since the 360, but I think I'm going to buy a series x for this game. And to replay all the Fallout games.

Can someone spoon feed me into on how gamepass works? I assume the hit titles like Starfield will be on there forever? Or do titles get removed after a certain time?
Titles get removed, but they're usually indie or obscure. GTA 5 was removed for about a year, but now it's back. Most AAA games stay forever.

GamePass is a must if you own an Xbox and don't have unlimited sums of money to spend on games. This may sound harsh, but you're a moron or rich if you play on Xbox Live and don't have GamePass.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Appreciate it, Paul!

Is the default Xbox controller sufficient, or is it worth it to grab a pro?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:04 pm
Appreciate it, Paul!

I use my Pro controller but the default controller is fine. I only have the crouch button mapped to one of the paddles. The game is fabulous. I am at level 15 and still have so much do.

And I totally endorse Paul’s comments on Gamepass.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah I'm pretty sure all of the first party (and second parties owned by Microsoft) are going to stay on Gamepass forever.

I pay for Gamepass Ultimate because it allows me to play some of the "modable" games on my gaming PC...games like Flight Simulator that I don't want hogging up all of my internal storage on my Xbox. I thought that Starfield would live on my PC as well, but the age of my rig has finally caught up to me. It looks better on the Series X...so I bit the bullet and finally bought and expansion card to go along w/ my storage drive. So dumb that you can't play the Series S/X titles from a storage drive...it has to be their overpriced expansion cards. Oh well, it lasted a few years without it.

I have barely played Starfield...only because I have been waiting for my gaming headphones to arrive...want to be fully immersed and can't play late night on my main tv setup because the Sonos sub sits right next to the master bedroom wall. Wife isn't a fan. From what I've played, seems like a sweet game, but I imagine I'll get bored of it fairly quickly.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

GamePass is definitely worth the money! It's saved me plenty of money and I've played some games that I've thoroughly enjoyed and probably would have never touched if they weren't on that service. All of Microsoft's first party games will always be available on GamePass, this includes all of Bethesda titles.

Starfield is a stellar game, definitely will be my game of the year. I'm only a Level 10, but the gameplay is top notch, something I've been wanting since Fallout 4. If you are any type of fan of the Fallout, Skyrim, or Elder Scrolls games, definitely give Starfield a play!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's pretty wild how much this game changes over the course of a play through. Near the end of the story my gameplay was very, very different than the starting missions.

I think I finished the main campaign at around level 40 but it feels like I barely even did anything in this game, with so many factions to do and other random missions to check out.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I picked up an Xbox X. What's the easiest way to get starfield? I am a complete noob on Xbox now days. Do I need Xbox live and game pass, or just gamepass? Thanks

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I believe Xbox Live is now Xbox Game Pass. There is Core and an Ultimate version, the Ultimate is the best bang for your buck.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 am
I believe Xbox Live is now Xbox Game Pass. There is Core and an Ultimate version, the Ultimate is the best bang for your buck.
Yes, the newly released Gamepass Core doesn't include Starfield...so Ultimate it is. Just go register for it, I'm sure there's a giant advertisement tile on the Xbox dashboard if you're not a subscriber already.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Appreciate it

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:47 am
AcemanPR wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 am
Yes, the newly released Gamepass Core doesn't include Starfield...so Ultimate it is. Just go register for it, I'm sure there's a giant advertisement tile on the Xbox dashboard if you're not a subscriber already.
There is a separate part of the Store that is all Gamepass games. Be sure to check that out. Any game in the ‘normal’ store will also be marked GamePass for convenience. Enjoy!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Xbox X controller not being able to be charged without an add on is a very odd decision. Had to order a rechargeable battery kit like I had on the 360. Super lame

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:48 am
Xbox X controller not being able to be charged without an add on is a very odd decision. Had to order a rechargeable battery kit like I had on the 360. Super lame
You have never been able to charge a wireless Xbox controller without getting the added accessory. Been that way for generations. Unless you get the Elite or Elite Core controller of course.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Appreciate it, Paul!

The Pro controller is a total waste of money, IMO.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:21 pm
fletcher21 wrote:
Appreciate it, Paul!

The Pro controller is a total waste of money, IMO.
Have you had one? I've had both, along w the core and they are fantastic. Being able to modify all the buttons and dead zones and pair that with it being rechargable make it worth the 40 dollar upcharge for the core especially.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I wish I can play and enjoy these games but I always have had motion sickness w First person shooters. going back to Doom on the PC.

Do the next gen consoles lessen motion sickness?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:08 pm
I wish I can play and enjoy these games but I always have had motion sickness w First person shooters. going back to Doom on the PC.

Do the next gen consoles lessen motion sickness?
Use third person then. You can play in first or third. Just hit the back button on the Xbox controller.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I didn’t know that. Def will try it now